Sander deWaal

SSJVCmag said:

Separate messages crossposted at
11:00
11:01
11:02
11:03
11:06
11:09
11:10

Such effort and trouble to force words where they're not wanted.
Somebody PLEASE tell Clyde he really doesn't have to email 4 newsgroups
every 60 sec or so, it's easier to just make sure he's only sending
With any luck this will ease it out of existance.

The rest of you: thanks for trimming the crossposts!

Dude, you're only making things worse.
No one is complaining about crossposting but you.
No one is sending the same message hundreds of times, while
deceptively snipping the group from where he's posting but you.

PS. I added your precious little NG so as to get this message through
to you and your buddies, who are probably unaware of the fact that
you're polluting other NGs with your stupid drivel.

As some usenet icon (Lord Valve) uses to say: "No likee, no clickee!"

When you stop, the crossposting will stop. Simple, really.

Think about it, it's a refreshing thought.

--

"Audio as a serious hobby is going down the tubes."
- Howard Ferstler, 25/4/2005
Sander deWaal

SSJVCmag said:

"SSJVCmag" wrote in message
The rest of you: thanks for trimming the crossposts!

On 9/17/05 11:50 PM, in article , "Clyde
Slick" wrote:
Are you being effective yet?
Are your activities increasimg or decreasing
the amount of crossposts?

I dare not say,
I really wouldn't want you to feel you're out there all alone.

Dude, you're only making things worse.
No one is complaining about crossposting but you.
No one is sending the same message hundreds of times, while
deceptively snipping the group from where he's posting but you.

PS. I added your precious little NG so as to get this message through
to you and your buddies, who are probably unaware of the fact that
you're polluting other NGs with your stupid drivel.

As some usenet icon (Lord Valve) uses to say: "No likee, no clickee!"

When you stop, the crossposting will stop. Simple, really.

Think about it, it's a refreshing thought.

--

"Audio as a serious hobby is going down the tubes."
- Howard Ferstler, 25/4/2005
Arny Krueger

"EddieM" wrote in message

(Chevododo) wrote:

hey if making money off fraudulent ads is so important
to Atkinson, why doesn't
he pick up the $1million offered by Randi for
demonstrating the shakti stones?
Bitch and moan? No, I'm pointing, sneering, and
ridiculing a fool, and apparently also his lickspittle
side-kick fraud-facillitator 'dave', too.

Just what in the world is your gripe Chevedovoododo? If
someone tried the Shakti Stone tweak, found it to work in
their system and decide to pay for it, what is it to you?

It all hangs on what the word "work" means. Copper bracelets
are said to work for some arthritus sufferers.

If you're willing to accept that level of the meaning of the
word "work", then you are willing to accept *anything* as
working. IOW, you have no judgement.

William Sommerwerck

I'm not going respond in detail to Mr. Weil. He (as far as I know) has had
no relations with JA, has never attended a Stereophile Writer's Conference,
etc, etc, etc. His blind support of JA seems more to because he dislikes me.
His willingness to post a response, but not to hear the details of my story,
shows this. Because JA is wealthy, "successful,," and holds an important
position at an influential magazine, his point of view must necessarily be
true, and opposing points of view false or misguided.

What is undebatable is the change that occurred in Stereophile in the
editorial shift from JGH to JA. What had been a magazine that told readers
what they needed to know became one that told them what they wanted to hear.
The belief in "high fidelity" was gradually discarded (as it has at most,
but not all, other magazines) and replaced with a rainbow of opinions.

The Web page damning his editorial actions almost perfectly mirrors my
feelings about these matters. Most of my friends are intellectually honest.
John Atkinson is neither a friend nor intellectually honest.

Most of the people criticizing my views are dull, lacking wit or insight,
the sort of people Dr. Edwin H. Land described in this way: "There are many
scientists who, for all their marvelous training, are just plain dull. You
sit with them and nothing is happening. They have been stultified somehow
and the world is going by them."

One other point, and I shall let this rest, unless you insist on arguing
what is not debatable. Remeber Star Trek's "Squire of Gothos" episode? Spock
faces Trelaine and delivers one of the great lines in the history of TV: "I
object to you. I object to intellect without discipline. I object to power
without contstructive purpose."

I object to John Atkinson's lack of intellectual discipline. I object to
Stereophile's failure to use its power for any constructive purpose.

"dave weil" wrote in message
On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 06:30:50 -0700, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

In the time I knew John Atkinson, I found it impossible to have
any kind of intelligent discussion about anything with him. His
points of view are fixed, and he is unwilling to consider any
other point of view.

Why? I don't know. It might be intellectual arrogance.

I guess you are never going to forgive me for firing you as a
Stereophile reviewer, are you Bill?

Liar, liar, liar.

I quit, for a number of reasons. (My disappointment with JA as editor was
one of them, but not the most-significant.) Then, after the fracas over
reviewing ethics, * you removed me from the Contributing Editors list

(where
I would otherwise have remained indefinitely, even after I stopped
contributing). You did not fire me (unless you consider the removal a
"firing"), however much you would like to think you did.

Sounds like a firing to me. Because, if you had "quit", wouldn't you
have demanded that your name be removed at that time?

You still refuse to address the issue of why you refuse to have serious
conversations with people.

Hmmm, sounds like there are a bunch of issues that you have with the
man. Nothing wrong with holding a grudge I guess, but thiis is a weak
sort of indictment, since it *sounds* like a factual charge, but
really, when you look closely, it's just somebody who doesn't like
somebody else saying something pretty subjective about that somebody.

* In attempting to be honest with the readers, I publically broke a rule
that John Atkinson privately encouraged all the reviewers to break, and
which is still commonly broken. I'll supply details, if anyone is
interested.

I, for one, am not.

During the last Stereophile Writer's Conference I attended, the
question came up of why the Apogee Divas, which had gotten rave
reviews from Arnis Balgalvis, and which most of the rest of us
thought very highly of, had never appeared in Recommended
Components. His reply? "I don't like them."

That would be a damning indictment if it were true, Bill. Except
that it's _not_ true. Following its review in August 1988 by Arnie,
the Diva _was_ featured in "Recommended Components." See,
for example, the April 1989 issue of Stereophile, Vol.12 No.4, p.99,
where it heads the list of Class A loudspeakers.

Then why I do remember it so well? (Yes, yes, yes...) Any other

Stereophile
reviewers out there who were at the meeting?

It's not true BECAUSE the speakers actually made the list. I can see
someone making a sarcastic comment like that though - and someone who
already had a axe to grind taking it as a literal statement though.

By the way, an audio tape was made of the meeting. Does it still exist?

Who cares? The speaker was promptly put on the list, so the behavior
that you claim was either a joke *or* irrelevant.

John Atkinson

William Sommerwerck wrote:
I object to John Atkinson's lack of intellectual discipline.
I object to Stereophile's failure to use its power for any
constructive purpose.

Both in your _opinion_, Bill, and I have no objection to you
holding such opinions and expressing them. Why should I?

What I object to is your spreading of falsehoods about things
I am supposed to have done and your dissemination of false rumors
about, for example, my purported lack of academic qualifications.

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

Sander deWaal

"William Sommerwerck" said:

What is undebatable is the change that occurred in Stereophile in the
editorial shift from JGH to JA. What had been a magazine that told readers
what they needed to know became one that told them what they wanted to hear.
The belief in "high fidelity" was gradually discarded (as it has at most,
but not all, other magazines) and replaced with a rainbow of opinions.

At the risk of being flamed to death (Hi, SSJVCmag!), part of why this
happened may well be the relative "perfect" state that music
reproduction reached as far back as the eighties.
(I'm still listening to my '80s Maggies and they still sound good, my
amplifier design could have been from that period as well, and it
still sounds good).

After all, when there's little to gain in the technical department,
there's little to write about.

--

"Audio as a serious hobby is going down the tubes."
- Howard Ferstler, 25/4/2005
George M. Middius

William Sommerdork said:

His willingness to post a response, but not to hear the details of my story,
shows this. Because JA is wealthy, "successful,," and holds an important
position at an influential magazine, his point of view must necessarily be
true, and opposing points of view false or misguided.

You are a veritable volcano of self-pity.

George M. Middius

William Sommerdork said:

Most of the people criticizing my views are dull, lacking wit or insight,

The bits you've posted on RAO fit that description perfectly. In addition,
you're in love with the sound of your own voice and you seem oblivious to
the concerns of the non-elite who don't get access to the best new
products for free.

dave weil

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 04:27:27 -0700, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

I'm not going respond in detail to Mr. Weil. He (as far as I know) has had
no relations with JA, has never attended a Stereophile Writer's Conference,
etc, etc, etc. His blind support of JA seems more to because he dislikes me.

This is untrue. I know you about as much as I know Mr. Atkinson. What
*is* true is that I have no relations with JA. I subscribed to the
magazine for a sum total of a year back in the middle to late 90s (96
I believe). I haven't read a Stereophile in probably 5 years, nor did
I read very many of them in the early days. What is also true is that
I don't really remember any of your reviews, so I have no idea about
your audio philosophy, and it's hard

His willingness to post a response, but not to hear the details of my story,
shows this. Because JA is wealthy, "successful,," and holds an important
position at an influential magazine, his point of view must necessarily be
true, and opposing points of view false or misguided.

Untrue. I was just pointing out that you seem to have an axe to grind.
It's pretty clear from your postings. I think it IS annoying for
former employees to air their dirty laundry in public. To me, it's a
bit unseemly. So I commented. But Bill, it's not because I "dislike"
you. On the contrary, I don't have enough exposure to you to form any
opinion, although I must say that you are rapidly making it pretty
easy for me TO dislike you.

What is undebatable is the change that occurred in Stereophile in the
editorial shift from JGH to JA.

I don't doubt that at all.

What had been a magazine that told readers
what they needed to know became one that told them what they wanted to hear.
The belief in "high fidelity" was gradually discarded (as it has at most,
but not all, other magazines) and replaced with a rainbow of opinions.

That could very well be the case as well. Of course, one could argue
that the 90s and 00s are a far different time than the 60s, for better
or worse.

The Web page damning his editorial actions almost perfectly mirrors my
feelings about these matters. Most of my friends are intellectually honest.
John Atkinson is neither a friend nor intellectually honest.

Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

Most of the people criticizing my views are dull, lacking wit or insight,
the sort of people Dr. Edwin H. Land described in this way: "There are many
scientists who, for all their marvelous training, are just plain dull. You
sit with them and nothing is happening. They have been stultified somehow
and the world is going by them."

Once again, you are entitled to your opinion.

One other point, and I shall let this rest, unless you insist on arguing
what is not debatable. Remeber Star Trek's "Squire of Gothos" episode?

No, I don't.

Spock faces Trelaine and delivers one of the great lines in the history of TV: "I
object to you. I object to intellect without discipline. I object to power
without contstructive purpose."

Bill, I knew Spock and you're no Spock chuckle.

Seriously, YOUR discipline has been lacking in this post. You let
emotion inform your opinion. I never denigrated you nor showed any
antipathy toward you and yet you ascribe motives to me that are
non-existent. I *will* go out on a limb and say something pretty
personal to you. You're sounding like a little kid whose ball has been
snatched from his arms. Sorry to have to say that, but that's the tone
that you are now setting.

I object to John Atkinson's lack of intellectual discipline. I object to
Stereophile's failure to use its power for any constructive purpose.

J'accuse!

PS, here's a direct question for you. If you "quit", why did you allow
your name to stay on the masthead? It sounds more to me that you quit
in your mind, not in any substantive way (and no, I have no idea about
the ethical storm that you and JA have mentioned). Frankly, looking at
it from the outside, it sounds like it was a passive-aggressive
quitting/firing on BOTH sides.
dave weil

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 09:40:01 -0500, dave weil
wrote:

I'm not going respond in detail to Mr. Weil. He (as far as I know) has had
no relations with JA, has never attended a Stereophile Writer's Conference,
etc, etc, etc. His blind support of JA seems more to because he dislikes me.

This is untrue. I know you about as much as I know Mr. Atkinson. What
*is* true is that I have no relations with JA. I subscribed to the
magazine for a sum total of a year back in the middle to late 90s (96
I believe). I haven't read a Stereophile in probably 5 years, nor did
I read very many of them in the early days. What is also true is that
I don't really remember any of your reviews, so I have no idea about
your audio philosophy, and it's hard

finishing the part that was accidentally edited out of this paragraph:

....to determine your real views based on my readings of your sporadic
posts here on the internet.
Clyde Slick

"SSJVCmag" wrote in message
"SSJVCmag" wrote in message

Well, no, the thread's singularly and appropriately back on RAO where
you
it started. That's fine. That's how things work.
If you have some deep-seated need to keep crossposting to people
elsewhere
(who as we've mentioned, never had, and still don't have, any interest
in
this thread) then that's telling.

On 9/18/05 12:49 AM, in article , "Clyde
Slick" wrote:

you don't speak for anyone but yourself.

Never said different.

Yes you did!

At any rate, I cross to RAP, cause I beleive that is where you read and
post
from.
I'm talking to YOU
If you want to stop, its ok with me.
Just write off RAO

You really should read my posts before trying to respond to them.
Makes you look awake.
You really shouldn't be crossposting... It's naughty! I've been doing
nothing but trying to minimise it. Besides, a guy I've been corresponding
with on a RAO thread says so!

Well, well, well, you actually know how to correspond by email.
you should have tried that rather than crossposting your
complaints to four groups!!

Its rather boosrish to crossposto four groups
for the purpose of compalining about someone elses's crossposting.

Clyde Slick

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

It all hangs on what the word "work" means. Copper bracelets are said to
work for some arthritus sufferers.

If you're willing to accept that level of the meaning of the word "work",
then you are willing to accept *anything* as working. IOW, you have no
judgement.

see
www.pcabx.com
for a minimalist definition of "work".

William Sommerwerck

William Sommerdork said:

Note that this is Mr. Middius's idea of "wit". I'm just laughing my ass off.
How terribly clever!

Most of the people criticizing my views are dull, lacking wit or insight,

The bits you've posted on RAO fit that description perfectly.

Lacking wit, perhaps. Lacking insight, no way. Of course, what constitutes
insight might be a matter of opinion. But I think I know it when I see it.

In addition, you're in love with the sound of your own voice...

Most posters are, as are you...

and you seem oblivious to the concerns of the non-elite
who don't get access to the best new products for free.

Excellent point! Glad you brought it up. Because I am not a member of the
"elite", and I am _not_ oblivious to the concerns of those who don't have
huge amounts of money to throw around on audio equipment.

I haven't reviewed audio equipment for any magazine in more than a dozen
years. (I've recently done some record reviews for John Sunier's Website.)

I never had "access to the best new products for free", though I did keep
several items, with the manufacturer's approval -- and at John Atkinson's
encouragement. * This included two Shure surround decoders (one of which I
eventually sold -- the second of which remains in my system), the JVC
XP-A1010 ambience synthesizer (which I also have and use), the Stax Lambda
Pro 'phones, T-1 hybrid amplifier, & ED-1 equalizer), a pair of Yamaha HD-1
headphones (which they didn't want back for "sanitary" reasons) -- and a
pair of Beyer or Sennheiser headphones (I forget which), which were the
cause of JA "firing" me.

One of my arguments in favor of more-rational testing (and this will no
doubt surprise Arny Krueger) is that I was bothered that expensive
amplifiers and fancy accessories did not necessarily result in better sound.
My suggestions to implement test procedures -- both in the listening room
and at the lab bench -- that would give a better idea of what products
"really" sound like were, of course, instantly rejected. At least as far as
I was concerned, John never heard an idea from me he didn't instantly
dislike.

Perhaps John treats other people differently. (And there are people who
immediately dislike me on meeting me.) But I've never met anyone who was
utterly defenive about everything. No one. Not even remotely.

* This is the "dirty little truth" the publishers of underground magazines
don't want you to know. John explicitly told all of us that, if we found a
product of reference quality, we should try to hang onto it, so we could do
a better job of judging future products. Great idea. But he never discussed
the ethics of the issue -- should we actually buy the product? (Reviewers'
prices generally run 45% to 50% off list, but that's still a lot of money
for many items.) Should we get an "extended loan" (which usually results in
the reviwer ultimately owning the product)?

The fact is that many reviewers have products they never paid a red cent
for. Even when they buy the product, it's at accomodation price, and they
can sometimes sell it for more than paid for it -- or at much less of a loss
than if they'd paid retail.

The question of reviewing ethics is, to me, a sticky one, and if you want to
publically discuss it, I'm game.

Dr. Dolittle

Clyde Slick wrote:

Its rather boosrish to crossposto four groups
for the purpose of compalining about someone elses's crossposting.

Yes, Johnny has been doing this for years. Rather hypocritical, no?

Lionel

George's dildo wrote :

Its rather boosrish to crossposto four groups
for the purpose of compalining about someone elses's crossposting.

"I hope nobody died from bad spelling and mangled syntax."

\Art "George's Dildo" Sackman\

:-)
George M. Middius

Dr. Dolittle said:

Its rather boosrish to crossposto four groups
for the purpose of compalining about someone elses's crossposting.

Yes, Johnny has been doing this for years. Rather hypocritical, no?

It's the frenziedness of his attack that puts me off.

One of the most oft repeated mantras of the subjective enterprise is that
even a small change in a system can make a great difference. Which means
by definition that all of the mag reviews are of no benefit to readers
because they can't duplicate the system and listening context and sound
sources used in the article. Further, it is oft said that several bits of
gear was swapped in and out during the listening period, which makes an
informed consumer choice based on the article even more remote. One more
point, who reviews the reviewers that the reader may know where on the
tinear scale they fall?

John Atkinson

William Sommerwerck wrote:
This is the "dirty little truth" the publishers of underground
magazines don't want you to know. John explicitly told all of us
that, if we found a product of reference quality, we should try to
hang onto it, so we could do a better job of judging future products.

That is correct. Reviewers cannot produce meaningful results in a
vacuum, whether they work for "underground" magazines or mainstream
magazines.

Great idea. But he never discussed the ethics of the issue -- should
we actually buy the product? (Reviewers' prices generally run 45% to
50% off list, but that's still a lot of money for many items.) Should
we get an "extended loan" (which usually results in the reviewer
ultimately owning the product)?

Good grief, how selective _is_ your memory, Bill. This subject has
been discussed at length with my writing team, at writers' conferences,
in person, at "Ask the editors" sesions at shows, even in the pages
of the magazine.

There are three things that can happen when a Stereophile reviewer
has finished with a component. In order of frequency, they a
1) return it, 2) arrange a long-term loan for reference (with the
clear understanding that it remains the manufacturer's property);
3) buy it.

What don't you grasp about this policy, Bill (which was in operation
when you worked for me)?

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

"Your expectations of reviews are unrealistic."

Not at all, as I expect nothing of any value from them, except as one may
learn of new gear. What the reviewer concludes as to merits of "sound"
etc. have no value for reasons mentioned. The whole "audition" process
has no reference by which to make an informed conclusion about anything
but that the entertainment value of the articles is one of it's selling
points for some people.
Clyde Slick

"Lionel" wrote in message
George's dildo wrote :

Its rather boosrish to crossposto four groups
for the purpose of compalining about someone elses's crossposting.

"I hope nobody died from bad spelling and mangled syntax."

\Art "George's Dildo" Sackman\

I know how to spell, I just can't type.
You, OTOH, don't know how to spell.

Lionel

Clyde Slick a écrit :

I know how to spell, I just can't type.
You, OTOH, don't know how to spell.

"boosrish"

LOL !

Lionel

Clyde Slick a écrit :

I know how to spell, I just can't type.
You, OTOH, don't know how to spell.

"yalmake"

LOL !
Clyde Slick

"Lionel" wrote in message
Clyde Slick a écrit :

I know how to spell, I just can't type.
You, OTOH, don't know how to spell.

"yalmake"

LOL !

Try "ENGLISH" !!!

LOL!!

Lionel

In , Clyde Slick wrote :

"Lionel" wrote in message
Clyde Slick a écrit :

I know how to spell, I just can't type.
You, OTOH, don't know how to spell.

"yalmake"

LOL !

Try "ENGLISH" !!!

LOL!!

"boosrish"

:-)
Clyde Slick

"SSJVCmag" wrote in message
On 9/18/05 12:25 AM, "Clyde Slick" wrote:

Right now, I'm crossing it to rec.audio.pro
for a specific purpose. I am talking to you,
and that is where I believe you reside.

We all post many places.
I agree that its best to keep threads where they start and belong.
This 'specific purpose' is one of mere intended annoyance and
tantrum-throwing. Nothing to do with anything else.

The specific purpose is to defy your request,
until you learn how to proeprly offer it.

You removed two other groups from the headers,
and I left those off.

Hey, when you leave RAO off the header, I'll stop responding altogether.

Umm... Big Question:
Why should I leave RAO off of a RAO-only posting response?

Duh, because your purpose is to get me to
stop responding. Since you come form RAP, thAt is where I am
responding to.

But you have been too stupid, for too long,
to have figured that out.

Slick, you're really in need of a life here, not to mention the Fun Club
Guys of RAO. But then that's what you're all about over here.
Let's try a simple scenario...

Like one where you stop whimpering about crossposting.

SomeDolt suddenly takes a thread off of RAO and while in a depressive
swing
bulks it across 4 NG's that don't care.

SomeOne Else, not knowing WHICH NG the thread actually BELONGS on, shoots
back a request to maybe check them crossposts that showed up allasudden.

(now here's the hip part... The part where things go WELL)
Somebody on the originating NG says back "Oh hey , that's a RAO thread..."

And -poof- Nice People Everywhere know to repond there and RAO folks take
peek and realise there's this crosspost mess in the used-ta-be RAO thread
and .Boom. No More Problems.

If you stopped your own crosspostng, you would get fewer
crossposted responses.

Its not what you ask for that is objectionable.
It is how you asked for it.

It's a lot like giving way to someone on walking agaihnst you on a thin
sidewalk... "Scuse me... Pardon me"
No huhu

It's tough I know but that's how folks over 10 solve this sort of thing.

well, we are still butting heads here.
I told you how you can stop it.
I am amusid by your pigheadedness.

Clyde Slick

"SSJVCmag" wrote in message
On 9/18/05 11:17 AM, in article , "Clyde
Slick" wrote:

Well, well, well, you actually know how to correspond by email.

Well DUH Einstein. (How many posts did it take him to catch that one?)
That
you managed to drag the discovery of what the originating NG was this far
is
a real tribute to your talents there.
(Pause for gloved applause)
But then, if I'm participating in this thread at RAO, it's origin, why
might
YOUR responses still be flopping down as a crosspost in additional places?
Maybe you should check your system and see that it's not adding
involuntary
destinations to your responses.

You are an idiot.
I already told you waht I am doing and hwy I am doing it.

you should have tried that rather than crossposting your
complaints to four groups!!

After a ream of this crap being flung around those groups interminably, my
ONE POST is worthy of that sort of attention?
Wow...

One post??

learn to count, buddy.

Its rather boosrish to crossposto four groups
for the purpose of compalining about someone elses's crossposting.

In a word, no... Not any more than using a PA system to ask who, I na
large
group, might have lost a wallet. If you don't know WHERE the problem
started, you ask nicely of the GROUP.

you addressed me in particular, if you want to talk off group,
and prevent poted and/or crosspsoted replies, send your
request by email.

William Sommerwerck

William Sommerwerck wrote:
[...]

Perhaps I have a convenient case of selective memory, no doubt contracted
sometime when I was in your presence.

William Sommerwerck

"Signal" wrote in message
"William Sommerwerck" emitted :

[...]

Two points here Bill...

Firstly, if the policy is so objectionable why did *you* accept
products this way?

Secondly, what is wrong with "..if we found a product of reference
quality, we should try to hang onto it, so we could do a better job of
judging future products."? It might be considered a perk of the job,
but the goal you outlined is to benefit the reviewing process. Isn't
this in the best interests of the contributors and readers of the
magazine?

You're reading something into what I wrote that I never intended. I never
said the "policy is ... objectionable", I said that reviewing ethics were a
sticky issue.

Nor did I every suggest that reviewers shouldn't hang on to products for
reference. Quite the opposite. Even JA agrees with me.

It is common knowledge that reviewers often keep review samples indefinitely
without paying for them.

George M. Middius

William Sommerdork said:

What don't you grasp about this policy, Bill (which was in operation
when you worked for me)?

Perhaps I have a convenient case of selective memory, no doubt contracted
sometime when I was in your presence.

So aliens ate your brain? G

Dr. Dolittle

Y A W N

Chevdo

cmndr[underscore]george[at]comcast[dot]net says...

Chevdoborg whined:

Right, he just includes and endorses idiotic fraudulent stuff in his

magazine.

Ooh! I'll bet that makes you so darned mad!

You wish.

I know.

It makes me laugh

You're not laughing, 'borg. You're screeching in pain. I can tell by the
purple color of your pimply face.

Ad hominems won't make shakti stones work, either. You see when I ridicule
jackasses like you, it's not ad hominem, it's because you have the nerve to
defend fraud. The only ridiculing you are capable of doing is ad hominem
insult, which doesn't amount to jack ****.

Let's spell it out just to rub it in your face.

Shakti Stones don't work.

If they did, John Atkinson or anyone else could collect $1million by
demonstrating them working.

Since nobody has collected the $1million, Shakti Stones don't work.

What DOES work is selling shakti stones to gulliable fools like George M.
Middius. In fact, you've displayed such stupidity, I'd be surprised if you
hadn't bought a second pair of shakti stones after you decided the first pair
wasn't working well enough. In critical thinking nomenclature, it's called a
Sunk Cost Fallacy - once a person invests a considerable chunk of change on
something worthless, there is an inclination to invest more in the item in an
attempt to extract some worth from it. The early days of microcomputers relied
heavily on the sunk cost fallacy by selling $3000 computers to people who soon
realized what a useless device they had purchased, so they bought add-ons and
software trying to make it worthwhile. But at least they weren't being
defrauded by being sold computers that ran on magic.

dave weil

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 18:19:41 -0700, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

"Signal" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

So, when you said "dirty little secret", we're supposed to think you
meant something other than "objectionable"?

Nor did I every suggest that reviewers shouldn't hang on to products for
reference. Quite the opposite. Even JA agrees with me.

It is common knowledge that reviewers often keep review samples indefinitely
without paying for them.

Yes, it's common knowledge, not a "dirtly little secret" that " the
publishers of underground magazines don't want you to know".
Jenn

"Clyde Slick" wrote:

"SSJVCmag"

Do you understand that the vast majority of people who read RAO do NOT
spam your newsgroup, therefore all of your myriad posts are, in fact,
spam to RAO for the vast majority of us?