Randy Given

Default Adobe Audition On Its Way

Yahoo! My Adobe Audition is on its way here.

Laurence Payne

Yahoo! My Adobe Audition is on its way here.

That's the re-package of Cool Edit Pro?
Randy Given

Yahoo! My Adobe Audition is on its way here.

That's the re-package of Cool Edit Pro?

Right. Supposedly it has new features (some of which I will find very
handy IF they work correctly). I upgraded from Cool Edit 2000 for $99.
The retail is $299.

http://www.adobe.com/store/products/...id=catAudition
P Stamler

Mine arrived yesterday. I'm sorry to see that you still can't use VST plug-ins.
And it doesn't, from the manual, look like there's a real high-pass filter
function, unless I've missed it someplace. Both of those features are available
on the much-cheaper n-track studio.

Peace,
Paul

Randy Given

Why rely on rumors when its freely downloadable right NOW for CE 2.x users?

I haven't done a thorough analysis comparing Audition 1.0 to CEP 2.1, but
the only non-cosmetic difference I see right now is the absence of the File,
CD Burning command in Audition.

Excuse my ignorance. I was comparing Audition 1.0 to my Cool Edit
2000. Although I downloaded and tried CEP 2.x, I did not purchase it
because I did not need its capabilities (at that time). Now, though, I
will be doing more stuff like what CEP and Audition provide. Sorry for
the confusion.

One of the "new" features that caught my eye was extracting audio from
movies. One of my colleagues has WMV and MPG files that really could
be cleaned up. However, Audition only extracts from AVI files. I can
probably do a conversion, but not positive. Not sure how easy it will
be to incorporate the changes back into the WMV and MPG. This is just
a for-fun aspect, so it is not crucial, but it sure would be nice. If
you have any ideas, please let me know. Thanks!
Thomas Bishop

"Randy Given" wrote in message
One of the "new" features that caught my eye was extracting audio from
movies. One of my colleagues has WMV and MPG files that really could
be cleaned up. However, Audition only extracts from AVI files. I can
probably do a conversion, but not positive. Not sure how easy it will
be to incorporate the changes back into the WMV and MPG. This is just
a for-fun aspect, so it is not crucial, but it sure would be nice. If
you have any ideas, please let me know. Thanks!

I seem to be able to extract from MPG just fine. The only available file
format from the drop-down list is AVI, but if you select "all files" then
you can select an MPG file. I didn't try it with WMV's because I don't have
any on my computer. I'm using CEP 2.1, but hopefully it's the same with
Audition. That wouldn't be very smart to disable audio extraction from
anything but AVI's.

Arny Krueger

Yahoo! My Adobe Audition is on its way here.

Note that linking www.syntrillum.com sends you to
http://www.adobe.com/special/product...ntrillium.html .

In essence, all Syntrillium products but CEP 2.1 as well as their support,
have been completely obliterated.

P Stamler

Mine arrived yesterday. I'm sorry to see that you still can't use VST
plug-ins. And it doesn't, from the manual, look like there's a real
high-pass filter function, unless I've missed it someplace. Both of
those features are available on the much-cheaper n-track studio.

Effects Filters Scientific filters.

High pass, low pass, band pass.

Select your crossover type (Bessl, Butterworth, etc.), frequency and filter
order.

Aha! Thanks!

Peace,
Paul

ryanm

"Randy Given" wrote in message

Man, do I feel really stupid. Yes, it works with WMVs. Guess I should

learn
the tool! Since I have almost no experience with video editing, do you

know
if many of the editors can import a soundtrack? For example, if I extract
the soundtrack and clean it up, can the cleaned version be put back in?

If you have AfterEffects or Premiere you can import the old video
(before the audio was cleaned up), remove the audio track from the timeline
(it shows up separately from the video), and then import your new, cleaned
up audio track, and then export to AVI. It's pretty straight forward in most
video editing packages.

ryanm

Roger W. Norman

I'm amazed that you guys would want to jump in so soon, considering what
happened with Samplitude suddenly being distributed by Emagic and then
Emagic's sudden purchase by Apple. Appears to me that Apple wants to keep
Samplitude down. But, of course, they came out all right, and by all means
a much more proficient package than Cool Edit with a couple of more
features.

I just got this big push advertisement from Adobe about integrating audio
with video, yada, yada, and yes, I am working towards that, but I'd be
interested in what's in store for Adobe if the debt burden is too much.
Buying another company, suddenly trying to incorporate two disparate data
systems, technical support, etc., would make me want to wait a while.

Hell, I'm still waiting to make certain that if I put Samplitude 7 on my
computer it won't crap it out. ASIO 2 drivers, real time room simulation,
all the normal good features and why move if what you have suits what you're
doing? I think this somewhat relates to another thread about how to either
stop spending money or making spending money work for you. At best we're
talking some 6 months since Adobe and Syntrillium were starting negotiations
and so it's still the same package with a few interfi that will probably
slow the system down until they know the original code. If the underlying
code is still Cool Edit Pro, then why spend the money? Adobe could just as
well **** it up as make it better. In fact, historically, a new company has
ALWAYS ****ed it up.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

"Bob Cain" wrote in message

Randy Given wrote:

Yahoo! My Adobe Audition is on its way here.

That's the re-package of Cool Edit Pro?

Right. Supposedly it has new features (some of which I will find very
handy IF they work correctly). I upgraded from Cool Edit 2000 for $99.
The retail is $299.

I hadn't heard about any new features. What have you heard?

Thanks,

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

Arny Krueger

"Roger W. Norman" wrote in message

I'm amazed that you guys would want to jump in so soon, considering
what happened with Samplitude suddenly being distributed by Emagic
and then Emagic's sudden purchase by Apple. Appears to me that Apple
wants to keep Samplitude down. But, of course, they came out all
right, and by all means a much more proficient package than Cool Edit
with a couple of more features.

I agree. I got Audition because of curiosity and because it cost me so
little to play.

I don't know of any clear bugs in CEP 2.1 to cross-check with Audition 1.0.

I'll probably do my next job in Audition, just to see what shakes. However,
it looks to me like all the changes are highly cosmetic.

Randy Given

Yahoo! My Adobe Audition is on its way here.

Got it. Looks good. I just wonder what it will do to the market of
amateur audio hacks. I know that I would, and did, pay for a $70
package. I probably would not choose a $300 package, though.