Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Susan P.

Default EV PL80 mic wiring diagram, please?

EV PL80 mic question:
Green wire goes to pin 2 of the mic's XLR conn, and the black wire goes
to pin 3? Gotta broken one, and hate to assume...
I've searched the EV site and google'd the web and groups, no help.
--

Please delete REMOVE and ME from my email address; canned-ham avoidance...

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Scott Dorsey

Susan P. wrote:
EV PL80 mic question:
Green wire goes to pin 2 of the mic's XLR conn, and the black wire goes
to pin 3? Gotta broken one, and hate to assume...
I've searched the EV site and google'd the web and groups, no help.

Get out the ohmmeter. The voice coil (or transformer secondary) should
have DC continuity across it... so if the black wire has less than a
couple hundred ohms to pin 2, it goes to pin 3.

On the other hand, if the wire has less than a couple hundred ohms to
the case, it goes to pin 1.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
RD Jones

Susan P. wrote:

EV PL80 mic question:
Green wire goes to pin 2 of the mic's XLR conn, and the black wire goes
to pin 3? Gotta broken one, and hate to assume...
I've searched the EV site and google'd the web and groups, no help.

Green to pin 2, black (or white in some cases) to pin 3.
The case is grounded to pin 1 via the setscrew.

EV has gone through some "changes" since Telex
has been tightening the pursestrings. You should
still be able to request .pdf datasheets via email
though.

rd