Douglas Weinfield

Default FA: Spica TC-50 Loudspeakers & Spare Tweeters

I’m selling now pair of Spica loudspeakers on Ebay,, with a pair of
spare tweeters, on Ebay, at

This auction is for a pair of the legendary Spica TC-50 loudpeakers.
They have amazing imaging, phase coherence and musical integrity. They
have extremely flat frequency and phase response, which according to
Stereophile, all them to “to rival electrostatics in coherence and to
outperform most ribbon designs.…comparable to that of the most expensive
speakers available but at a price below $500/pair.” Here’s what else
they said

“This emphasis shows up in the listening. The Spicas…are exceptionally
transparent and coherent. They rival the Quad ESL-63 at providing
low-level detail and harmonic delicacy from low, to moderately high
listening levels. The imaging is outstanding (after several days of
speaker adjustment to get it just right), and violin and woodwinds are
exceptionally natural.”

These have been great loudspeakers; they have the upgraded tweeter for
more delicate highs. I’ve loved having them, and am now upgrading, so
you have an opportunity to have a great pair of speakers.

Acoustically and mechanically, they are in excellent shape. The wood
veneer has faded on one rear corner of one speaker, and one grill cloth
has a very small hole in it. If you are looking for truly musical
loudspeakers, these will not let you down, the small flaws in the
appearance don’t affect the sound at all.

I’m also including a pair of replacement tweeters, purchased directly
from the manufacturers and never used-I’d read that the tweeters were
delicate, but I never had to use these, so maybe I’m pretty careful or
the speakers aren’t that fragile, or both.

Contact me with any questions

Doug