Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

Default Jingling keys test

This was mentioned in another thread. I couldn't
find much on Google about it, but there seemed to
be some familiarity with it just the same. I was
wondering whether you folks thought that a test I
did revealed either the good or the bad traits of
my system. I also wondered whether any others of
you work so hard to communicate while maintaining
straight margins in a mono-spaced font.

http://tobiah.org/rap_upload/keys.wav
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Tuesday, October 15, 2013 9:21:35 PM UTC-4, Tobiah wrote:
This was mentioned in another thread. I couldn't find much on Google about it, but there seemed to be some familiarity with it just the same. I was wondering whether you folks thought that a test I did revealed either the good or the bad traits of my system. I also wondered whether any others of you work so hard to communicate while maintaining straight margins in a mono-spaced font. http://tobiah.org/rap_upload/keys.wav

Tobiah,

repeat the test but this time, turn up the gain so that you definitly have some clipping and listen to the difference. There will be lots of low freq junk from the intermod so that it sounds more like clunking rather then clinking. Looking at the spetrum helps.

Another fun at home test is to look at the spectrum of a running water faucet or the hiss of an air pump through a needle vavle. You can get a good feel for the high freq response of your mic.

Mark