Jonny Durango

Default Microtrack sound clips from Doug Oade

Here are some sound clips of room noise and dialogue recorded via the
MT2496 1/8" w/ provided T-mic and 1/4" TRS w/ no mic @ max gain and at
min gain.

http://www.oade.com/Tapers_Section/F..._id=3256&page=

I would say it sounds pretty damn good! Try a sharp 60k rollof and most
of the room noise dissapears. Although my ears are by no means
scientific instruments, the S/N sounds great to me, probabably somewhere
between the R1 and the basic mod PMD660.

Thanks a ton Doug!!

--

Jonny Durango

"If the key of C is the people's key, what is the key of the bourgeoisie?"
Mike Rivers

Jonny Durango wrote:
Here are some sound clips of room noise and dialogue recorded via the
MT2496 1/8" w/ provided T-mic and 1/4" TRS w/ no mic @ max gain and at
min gain.

So when are we going to hear some examples of recordings made with real
mics into the real mic inputs or at least a report? Doesn't anyone
have 1/4"TRS-XLR adapters and condenser mics that run on 30V phantom
power? Certainly the Oades should.

Jonny Durango

Mike Rivers wrote:
Jonny Durango wrote:

Here are some sound clips of room noise and dialogue recorded via the
MT2496 1/8" w/ provided T-mic and 1/4" TRS w/ no mic @ max gain and at
min gain.

So when are we going to hear some examples of recordings made with real
mics into the real mic inputs or at least a report? Doesn't anyone
have 1/4"TRS-XLR adapters and condenser mics that run on 30V phantom
power? Certainly the Oades should.

Amen....over in taperssection EVERYONE is TALKING about this thing, but
nobody seems to interested in actually hearing what it sounds like (and
afterall, isn't that the whole point of a RECORDER?!?!) Sheesh!

Well thanks to Chel and Doug for posting some actual recordings. I hope
more will follow suit.

--

Jonny Durango

www.jdurango.com

"If the key of C is the people's key, what is the key of the bourgeoisie?"