Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
narcolept

Default The FAQ needs a major update

"Lee" wrote in message
s.com...
Originally posted by narcolept
So.. uhh.. Lee.. you don't want the responsibilities

I said I would not ask for or accept them, I didn't say I didn't want
them. I tried to take them on already and Ian ignored my emails. Now if
I tried, considering the festering mess this issue has taken on, it
would be used to beat the issue to death. The issue is not that I
become the maintainer; the issue is for someone to that will actively
try and improve it to become the maintainer -- as was the case when it
was created. The FAQ needs to be updated. It did not have an active
maintainer pursuing its improvements. I think the last update being
over FOUR YEARS ago proves my point.

You linked your forum to us, not the other way around, so it's
OUR sandbox you're in, buddy.

And here is the problem. You think this is *YOURS* -- it is ours. It
does not belong to you, or anyone else. It is a public forum. It
belongs to all of us. It is this kind of perspective that results in
narrow thinking and possessive turf wars.

And do you think that you could actually make some kind of valid point
instead of simply trying to dissuade me by insulting me?

my "invalid point" is that you should forget about your cause for a fact
with information stating it is the "property" of certain individuals.. oh.
wait. you took that part out. What you're doing by copying it for your own
use borders on intellectual terrorism. we don't want you to have them, and
Ian seems to have said as much. so kindly remove the property of the
newsgroup community from your community. AND REPLY DIRECTLY TO ****ING
MESSAGES. Your web **** messes up the entire format of a usenet group.

narcolept
---
Looks like we're gonna have to wait for Lee to get off the short bus after
school tommorow to discuss this further.

--
Lee

Lee's Spam snipped