Ivar

Default Works (ish)

Hi All.

I just fitted a secondhand Sony head unit and multi disc CD in the boot of
my car.
Models XR-C4100 & CDX-605
Everything seems to work OK except the following strange problems
When using the radio, everything about the front speakers works well, such
as volume, bass, treble, balance. But, if I fade to the rear speakers there
is almost no volume, and adjusting anything else makes no differance.
When using the CD, the front speakers have almost no volume if the volume
control is set to 1 or above and nothing else makes any differance. The rear
speakers however, have no volume if set to 0, but full volume if set to 1 or
above, and all other settings (bass, treble, balance) make no differance,
it's either all or nothing.
So - on the radio the front speakers work all normally, rear does not. On
CD, front is almost nothing and rear is all or nothing for volume, nothing
else for sound adjustment works.

Any idears?

Thanks

Ivar

Tony F

Sounds like your secondhand head unit is broken. Most likely cheaper to buy
a new one rather than have it fixed.

Tony

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Clarion DRZ9255 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and Xenon X1200.1

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP Head Unit, Phoenix Gold Ti500.4 Amp, Focal 165HC
Speakers & Image Dynamics ID8 D4 v.3 Sub