Chad Wahls

Default Ping installers/techs needing a "black box"

My XM radio system should arrive today. I am in the middle of making a non
versa-link Alpine deck accept a line input but I am getting ready to move
and had to tear down the bench Against my best judgement I am going with
a wired modulator for now. Is there a device that can sense current on a
power feed and activate a relay? What I want to do is have the power
antenna go down when the XM unit is switched on. I'm sure the current draw
of an XM roady is quite slight so it will probably have to have an
adjustable sensitivity. I don't have the time or resources to build this
device at this time.

Anybody seen one of these devices?

Second. Since the bench is now down and I am caught up with repairs I am
unable to do amplifier repairs. I know of Ampdoc around here and will get
his info soon. Is there anyone else that would like to accept repairs of
higher end amplifiers for the rest of the summer. I'll do it on a referral
basis. This summer hasn't been that buisy, I just do it for chump change
and funding of new toys. I would be more than happy to pass the buisness
along for the rest of the season. Drop me an E-mail or post if you are
interested.

Thanks!
Chad