Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

Default A Theory About Scott

On Oct 4, 10:52�am, ScottW2 wrote:
Like I said, don't get carried away. Next thing you know we'll all
only
be posting what Marc says is ok and that would be too boring
to tolerate.

You're such a whiny little punk.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Oct 4, 2:36*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 4, 12:20*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 3, 10:49*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
On Oct 1, 5:46*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 1, 3:59*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:

Sacky burbled:

LOL!!!! That is what being a fawning sycophant is all
about!!!!

Um, no, Clyde, it isn't.

My dear SHhhh, yes it is

No, it's not.

yes it is

fawning·ly adv.
Synonyms: fawn1, apple-polish, bootlick, kowtow, slaver1, toady,
truckle
These verbs mean to curry favor by behaving obsequiously and
submissively: fawned on her superior; students apple-polishing the
teacher; bootlicked to get a promotion; lawyers kowtowing to a judge;
slavered over his rich uncle; toadying to members of the club; nobles
truckling to the king.

syc·o·phant *(sk-fnt, sk-)
n.
A servile self-seeker who attempts to win favor by flattering
influential people.

Very good, Clyde. You can cut-and-paste as well as your stupid friend
can.

Um, what will Jenn "get" from these people? That's the thread you
miss. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!
then is she has nothing to gain then she has nothing to be afraid of
and she should comparatively
rank those players.
She is afraid that those frail ego luimnaries
will complain to the contractor that hires her.

You are so full of bull**** that it oozes from you. *You've jumped to a
massively bad conclusion. *Here's a concept that you obviously don't
understand: *Of the 8 guitarists I posted, 4 of them are very good
friends, and 2 others I know pretty well. *Perhaps it's not true for
you, but in my life and in my business, it's considered impolite to rank
the talents of your friends and colleagues like they were entrees at a
restaurant. *If I have critical words for then, as I sometimes do, they
are offered in private, where it is appropriate to do so.

FINE!!!
Then don't give us your sugarcoated bull**** opinions of these people

I've not said anything about them that I don't believe. *There was
nothing 'sugarcoated'. *I hope that you can understand that, but I doubt
that.

We already know that you won't say anything that could
be construed as the least bit critical, in fear of offending
your thin skinnned friends and professional
acquaintances, as doing so might have negative
consequences in what you describe as a competitive
profession. Nor will you give us any critical analyses or comparisons.
So, there is nothing left form you but empty sugar coated gloss.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Oct 4, 9:36*am, Boon wrote:
On Oct 4, 12:43*am, Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 4, 12:20*am, Jenn wrote:

In article
,

wrote:
[...]

since you claim that these considerations prevent you from making
any comments that could be in the least construed in any way as being
negative
or comparative. IN other words, you have prevented yourself
from offering us any analytical and consructive information
about'these people,
so it would be best for public image if you would just keet your trap
shut about them,
rather than give us your signature patented bull**** swooning
sugarcoated pronouncements.

The group just got a little ****tier today. Thanks.

LOL!!!!!
I would put it another way, it is a little less sugar coated!!!!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 4, 11:10�am, ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 4, 8:31�am, Boon wrote:

On Oct 4, 10:25�am, ScottW2 wrote:

On Oct 4, 7:56�am, Boon wrote:

On Oct 4, 9:29�am, ScottW2 wrote:

On Oct 3, 8:13�pm, Boon wrote:

On Oct 3, 9:18�pm, ScottW2 wrote:

Funny how when other people disagree with you, they're "like-
minded."

�LoL. �Complete lack of self-awareness noted.
Like-minded people is something you declared a need for me.

No..."like-minded" came about from my comment that people who are like-
minded have a right to talk about common interests without a bunch a
people assaulting and attacking them.

� If �you feel that way, �why do you keep attacking?

I don't think you understand the word "attack." You keep mixing it up
with "protest."

LoL. �You always make disparaging comments about wives,
families, jobs etc as a form of protest?

Show me where I made such comments without you provoking me first.

�I made you do it? �I am omnipotent. �LoL.

Translation from 2Pid: "I cannot prove a thing. I am not accountable
for anything I say. It's up to you to read what I say and determine if
it's right. If you don't read what I say, you are a chicken. LoL"

�Your denial is as silly as Jenn's.

Jenn's isn't silly.

And your constant attacks are the spam my OT comments
are trying to drown out.

Explain that to a mental health care professional.

�You seem to have a lot of experience with mental health
care professionals.

Yes, I do. I have a minor in psychology and was employed as a
psychological tester while in college.

(snip the boring and endless vacuous debating trade).

Translation: "I cannot admit when I have lost. So I'll just say it's a
debating trade ploy and hope no one sees how much of a pussy I am.
LoL."

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 4, 11:14�am, "ScottW" wrote:
On Oct 4, 8:26 am, Boon wrote:

On Oct 4, 10:11 am, ScottW2 wrote:
And I've already caught you in a
couple of lies today.

More silly and endless usenet declarations of conquest.
The whole thing is boring.
Try something with some substance. �Anything.

A real man admits when he loses an argument. You're just a little
girl, aren't you.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Oct 4, 10:49*am, ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 3, 9:21*pm, Jenn wrote:

In article
,

wrote:
[...]

False.

*I think the motive for holding her toungue is slightly different than
job opportunity
though they may toss her a bone from time to time.

I think it two fold - Public criticism from Jenn as a professional
would be in somewhat bad form as these folks talent as guitarists are
on a plane she can only aspire to. *She's not really in a position to
criticize and accepting that is
more a credit to her than a criticism.

Then no guitar player can say anything critical of any guitar player
on a higher plane, that is ridiculous. You dabble in guitar, i guess
that means that you can't critically compare two greats,
say Clapton vs Beck.
Even if I would grant your point, if Jenn can't be expected to say
anytthing critical or comparative, she should just keep
quiet about them and spaqre us the sugarcoating.

Others critique is the price anyone who plays professionally is
subject.
It goes with the territory.
I've always wondered why the opinions of critics are so valued by
the pros or the masses.

The other piece is the personal relationship part. *It's an investment
to protect and I don't really blame her for it. *It's too bad, but
discussing friends and personal relationships on usenet is probably
not the greatest idea.
Some people will turn around and start talking crap about your wife
etc.

I can see that point. So, she should just not say anything. Spare
us her sugarcoating

So Art's point is valid, there is a big caveat of probable bias around
your comments re your friends work. *Owning up to that is what you
should do as denial is not a viable option.

I'm sure no one wants you to stop bringing up your experiences,
acquaintances etc.
It diversifies the conversation and few others are bringing up new
things.

She should just stop telling us how great they are. She kept
doing that about Juber, and when she gave us some you tube links
some months back, each of the performnces were flawed to
a very noticable degree (remember his dreadful Layla?). then,
a few days ago she gave us a few more flawed performances.
One thing about Juber I can say, he sure knows how to BANG
out a tune!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Oct 4, 11:21*am, ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 3, 9:38*pm, Jenn wrote:

In article
,

*ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 3, 10:21*am, Clyde Slick wrote:
On Oct 3, 1:09*pm, ScottW2 wrote:

On Oct 2, 11:31*pm, Jenn wrote:

In article ,
*"James Smith" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote :

Juber is not a world class guitatrist, whatever that vague
phrase
might mean. I have seen much better.
He is competent, but not musical.
Htere were others *posting here at that time who agreed.

Thanks for your opinion. *I suppose that the Hollywood
contractors are
simply wrong.

We only have your assertion that Jubby is the most sought after
session
guitarist in the world.

I didn't say that, but close enough. *If you don't believe me, call
the
contractors. *Or go to Local 47 and check the date books. *Knock
yourself out.

No. You claim that your pen pal is the worlds greatest living
guitarist.

No, I've never said that.

You
prove it!

That's pretty hard to do if you don't want to check with the union or
look at the date books. *Why don't you ring up the major contractors in
LA and ask them? *Do you know who they are?

Let's get something straight here right now : Hollywood contracts
are no
measure of talent.

lol *Let's just say it's a pretty good indication.

No. Let's say that you say that, but you do not have the authority to
do so.
In fact, the most revered guitarists in rock music history just give
up
being regular session musicians once they have public recognition.
Why would
they compromise their art when they don't NEED to? Jubbles bucks that
trend.
Obviously, he can't shift enough Jubble-product.

lol *Your depth of ignorance is huge. *The "most revered guitarists in
rock music history" aren't qualified to play the sessions that I'm
speaking of. *You probably don't understand why.

*I have no idea what goes on in selecting "session players" over
others.
Probably little different than any other job search where who you know
is
often as important as what you know.

But I do have an opinion on an aspect raised early in the discussion.
Juber certainly shows he has all the chops to play great guitar.
In session gigs he executes what someone else creatively directs.
His execution may be as flawless as anyone, I don't really know.

But when left relying on his own creativeness in the bits Jenn has
provided,
he gets a bit embroiled in demonstrating technical prowess which
doesn't lend itself
to creating that musical emotion that moves me.
It's amazing guitar playing but it isn't amazing music to me.

Stephen mentioned that the level of appreciation for his prowess
increases
with the level of musical training. *I have no doubt thats true..
Musicians
playing for other musicians seem to be into this "look what I can do"
playing.
But technical prowess doesn't automatically equal music that touches
people emotionally. *I don't know who said it...but I read/heard that
it's often the note
not played that moves us most. *I agree completely.

Marc mentioned he like GYBE. *Their music is not technically
complicated
at all for the individual musicians. It's this layered minimalism that
starts slowly and simply but is built up into an intricate pattern
that can be deeply moving to some or just dark and depressing to
others.
But I don't hear any serious chops in any of the individual players
and if they did show it...it would be out of place and detrimental to
the music.

Anyway, I don't care if Jenn wants to be a fawning sycophant or not.
It's her priviledge to know these people and while the occasional name-
dropping
may be as much about her and who she knows rather than the people
she knows, *it's not as totally RAO centric as most of the BS going
on here.

ScottW

She is someone who's opinions I put little weight on,
given her lack of critical thinking.

*A common problem in RAO. * I was playing kickin it at the Barn last
night.
That CD is really growin on me....except the mariachi track .
Somehow I'm nut sure if LJ could fit in those sessions.

ScottW

Why not, Mr. Critical Thinking?

Is this the civility Boon is a fawning sycophant over?

*Anyway, I'm sure he can play as well as anyone, but his style doesn't
lend to integration with the band IMO. He wouldn't blend well. *He
probably could but he would definitely have to constrain himself.

Do you think a meticulously accurate player like Juber would fit in
with a band like Crazy Horse? * (I'm not claiming Little Feat and
Crazy Horse are similar, just another example of where a great
musician might not fit in).

BTW, Fred Tackett, guitarist in Little Feat,
is a well respected session player with a long resume..
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Jenn said:

She is afraid that those frail ego luimnaries
will complain to the contractor that hires her.

You are so full of bull**** that it oozes from you. You've jumped to a
massively bad conclusion. Here's a concept that you obviously don't
understand: Of the 8 guitarists I posted, 4 of them are very good
friends, and 2 others I know pretty well. Perhaps it's not true for
you, but in my life and in my business, it's considered impolite to rank
the talents of your friends and colleagues like they were entrees at a
restaurant. If I have critical words for then, as I sometimes do, they
are offered in private, where it is appropriate to do so.

Wait a second. Didn't you know Sacky is a former civil servant? Government
bureaucracies are built on the assumption that everybody is equally skilled
and interchangeable, at least with a prescribed amount of training. When
Sacky asks for a ranking of performers, he's really asking which have the
most seniority.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Oct 4, 11:26*am, Boon wrote:

Like I said, I chase away people who are here to attack others or to
spam the group. Art is chasing away someone who is a musician, a
teacher and who contributes to the group in a positve way, If you
can't tell the difference, then you're even more stupid than I
suspected. Or, you're just a liar. And I've already caught you in a
couple of lies today.

I don't want to chase her away.
But i have the right to be critical of her when I think she deserves
it.
If she is so thin skinned and egotistical that
she would decide to leave, so be it.

I don't want to be like her, too scared to offend a friend
by saying anything the least bit critical or analytical.

I say lots of critical things about Scott. Still, he is my friend, an
'to his credit he
is thick skinned enough to stick around. And he has plenty of
**** to say about me, and I'm still here.

I always thought that you were the kind of person to speak his mind
and not hold back.
Buit now it seems you do not want to afford that to
others who say things that you do not agree with.

My comments to Jenn were to present to her that some people here view
her
as less than sincere when it comes to her googoo-ing
about her firends and acquaintances, and a suggestions that
continuing this behavior has a negative
impact on her credibility here. But she was so thin sklinned and
egotisitical, that
she could not take it for waht it waqs meant to be,
constructive ciriticism.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Oct 4, 11:52*am, ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 3, 9:33*pm, Jenn wrote:

others.

I quite agree with you that the simplest, most heartfelt music is
usually the most effective. *One of my favorite guitar performances of
all time is the Ed Gerhard arrangement of The Water is Wide that I
posted. *I listen to it, and I play it quite often.

* A beautiful piece. *Perfect for ending the night and turning out
the lights .

*LJ, for example,
plays quite often in that way. *Did you listen to his arrangement of In
My Life that I took the time to post?

Is this Jubar in his home?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi7gDs2GpJA

This recording is bit harsh with peaks in a couple of spots and the
low E
seems to saturate occasionally as compared to the Gerhardt piece.
Give his playing a perception of little heavy on some strings IMO.

*There are many online videos of
him playing in that fashion, sad to say. *If you wish, I'll send links
to some more audio files. *But, whatever... *I try to remember this
lesson and not bring any more musical performances to this group.

Well, this playing by LJ is quite good and is very musical, and so'
unlike his sorry stage performances previously provided.
there was a hint of the heavy hittiing and rigid timing (makes
it sound like a march) between 1:15 and 1:30 and somewhere near the
two minute mark
he seems to speed up and lose some feel., but overall it was very
good.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 4, 12:44*pm, "ScottW" wrote:
"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

:She kept
:doing that about *Juber, and when she gave us some you tube links
:some months back, each of the performnces were flawed to
:a very noticable degree (remember his dreadful Layla?). then,
:a few days ago she gave us a few more flawed performances.
:One thing about Juber I can say, he sure knows how to BANG
ut a tune!

I wonder if that's a function of the recording as much as his playing.
Hard to tell. * Anyway, Jubar is definitely skilled if your (or my) favorite.

Peter Sprague plays in Quail Gardens often. Beautiful outdoor intimate setting.
We go when we can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6NXHZScgX8

It was Jubers playing (the stage performances) i di not like,
it was not the recording methods.
the link you provided of him playing in his basement was very
different, almost night
and day, and it was veruy good.
I like it a whole ,lot better than I liked your Sprague link.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Oct 4, 12:47*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:

\

Wait a second. Didn't you know Sacky is a former civil servant? Government
bureaucracies are built on the assumption that everybody is equally skilled
and interchangeable, at least with a prescribed amount of training. When
Sacky asks for a ranking of performers, he's really asking which have the
most seniority.

That was funny!!!!
thanks!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 4, 11:55*am, Clyde Slick wrote:
On Oct 4, 11:26*am, Boon wrote:

[...]

I understand that, but it's not so much about being thick-skinned as
about being ill-mannered. Jenn's position, at least to me, was very
obvious. She's telling us about things she likes. She always lets us
know when she's found a particularly worthwhile LP or has seen a great
performance. Just because she doesn't provide equal time to things she
doesn't like doesn't mean she's a "fawning sycophant." Personally, I
want to know about things to search out as opposed to things to avoid.
Why? Because that's how I make buying decisions. Most people do.

If you make a publication that tells you what to buy, it may be a
success. If you publish something that just rips everything apart,
pretty soon you'll have no readers. I'd rather have Jenn telling me
what's good than Scott whining and complaining about everything under
the sun. Most people would.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,
Boon wrote:
SW:
It appears to be that or Boons weekly ****ing contest or
Stephens obit or Jenns next bout of self-denial.
*I choose politics.

How are obits of musicians and music industry figures off-topic?

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 4, 12:33*pm, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article
,*Boon wrote:

SW:

*It appears to be that or Boons weekly ****ing contest or
Stephens obit or Jenns next bout of self-denial.
*I choose politics.

How are obits of musicians and music industry figures off-topic?

Exactly. It's amazing just how fundamentally mixed up Scott is.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
James Smith James Smith is offline

Default Dickie rises again

"Jenn" wrote :

"He wants to get to the "meat of the issue"."

A pun of sorts that I admit was difficult to resist

Not very sharp are you?

No, I'm just a dumb musician.

Correction : wannabe musician.

--

Jim Smith

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_3_] Jenn[_3_] is offline

On Oct 4, 8:52*am, ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 3, 9:33*pm, Jenn wrote:

In article
,

*ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 2, 11:31*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article ,
*"James Smith" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote :

[...]

I did and I listened to a few more on you tube.
One was in his home studio and I'd suggest my primary complaint
isn't his playing but the guitar/pickup/recording.

Gerhardt appears to be pure accoustic with a close mic.

Is this Jubar in his home?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi7gDs2GpJA

This recording is bit harsh with peaks in a couple of spots and the
low E
seems to saturate occasionally as compared to the Gerhardt piece.
Give his playing a perception of little heavy on some strings IMO.

*There are many online videos of
him playing in that fashion, sad to say. *If you wish, I'll send links
to some more audio files. *But, whatever... *I try to remember this
lesson and not bring any more musical performances to this group.

Like I said, don't get carried away. Next thing you know we'll all
only
be posting what Marc says is ok and that would be too boring
to tolerate.

ScottW

I'm on the road and writing via phone so I can't answer all the posts
now but no, that is not LJ playing. That player plays more like my
level. If you want to hear LJ play that arrangement follow the link I
provided earlier.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
James Smith James Smith is offline

Default I will not be drawn into your fantasy world

"Jenn" wrote :

I like you as well, James. Now please tell us about your 30 years in
the business.

Damn. I made a promise to myself that I would not talk about my work. That
is strictly off limits in a public forum like this (as is obvious to anybody
with any public exposure) so I am a very naughty boy for letting that slip
out. Now of course Jenn has launched a frenzied attack for further
information. Well, I do not want to see my name dropped idly into
conversation by a stick waving witch, who is living in fantasy world where
she is some seminal figure in the music business, when really what she is
known for is training people to wave twigs about, so I will not comply. (To
preempt lies to the contrary, I am not "very good friends" with Jenn. We've
never even met.)

Now consider these quotes from Jenn.

"If one of my friends looks themselves up on The Google and sees that I have
called them "mediocre", it would hurt our relationship."

Worse still if they can't even remember who you are.

"The logical fallacy that you are committing is that you think that I always
comment when a friend is mentioned. I don't."

No. You only mention those who have a public profile however meagre.

"If I don't care for what they do, I stay quiet. I have to work with these
people."

Here's the weird thing. Jenn has named perhaps 40 minor figures in the past
year or more who Jenn claims to have had a relationship with. Yet NOT ONE of
them has named Jenn anywhere. She names people who have some success, but
they don't name her. Why is that? Could be they don't care for Jenn's work.
Could be they think Jenn is mediocre. Could be they can't remember who Jenn
is.

Could be that they know better than to indulge in idle chit chat.

You are the weak link. Goodbye.

--

Jim Smith

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
James Smith James Smith is offline

"Clyde Slick" wrote:

The truth is nobody you associate with is a top notch, in-demand, world
class musician. This is especially true of Jubba, whose main claim to
fame
is riding the coattails of others!

He is better off doing that, because when he tries to fly solo,
he fallls flat on his face.

Jubbo does seem best suited to doing exactly what other people tell him to
do.

--

Jim Smith

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Sacky's kernel is cracked.

Wait a second. Didn't you know Sacky is a former civil servant? Government
bureaucracies are built on the assumption that everybody is equally skilled
and interchangeable, at least with a prescribed amount of training. When
Sacky asks for a ranking of performers, he's really asking which have the
most seniority.

That was funny!!!!

You're a benchmark of mediocrity.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
James Smith James Smith is offline

"Jenn" wrote :

[My idol] worked on albums by all of the Beatles except Lennon. Can
you
imagine the studios hiring someone who they don't consider to be the
best?

Yes.

Why would they?

If you think studios only hire "the best" then you are clearly bonkers. A
whole slew of factors conspire. For example (a minor example but one of
many) nepotism is fairly common in the business.

I'm sure that nepotism plays some small role.

One of many factors isn't it. So you too "can imagine the studios hiring
someone they don't consider to be the best". Funny, I thought you took the
ridiculous position that that was impossible!

But if you can't cut the
book as well as someone else, few contractors are going to risk their
livelihoods for those reasons.

In Jenn's imaginary world, all music biz folk **** themselves immediately
when presented with any risk and refuse to take any risk (for example to
maximize creativity). Sure. Right. That's Hollywood, that is.

Some credits ['of my idol Laurence Jubor']:
lots of Disney (Pocahantas, etc.)

LOL!

Are you kidding me? Every professional guitarist in LA would love that
credit.

Bull****.

The lie Jenn repeated here five times is that Jenn knows the motivations
of
ALL professional musicians residing in LA area and can speak on behalf of
all said musicians. Horse****. Jenn waves a twig around for a living, she
is
on the periphery at most. And just because Jenn lusts after money or
credits
or some association with proper musicians, it does not follow that all
pro
guitarists in the LA area are all shallow individuals who will all turn
any
trick without any regard to their musical orientation, beliefs, and
motivations.

Your lack of knowledge on the topic is stunning, but not surprising.

Yet more of that arrogance and egotism.

OK, I overstated when saying "every professional guitarist". Guys that
play in bars on the occasional weekends and would therefore qualify as
professionals might not care about being fulltime pros and therefore
wouldn't value a Disney credit on their resume, for example. Neither
would Slash or Van Halen or other famous rock players. The people I'm
speaking of are people just making a living, live and recorded, paying
into the pension fund, supporting their families, just folks in the
neighborhood kind of people.

So you admit you were completely wrong and lying when you said :
"Every professional guitarist in LA would love [a disney cartoon] credit."

And if you don't think that the people who
get studio calls everyday are world-class players, you simply don't know
what you're talking about.

Right. Some of them are worlds best at painting by numbers!

--

Jim Smith

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_3_] Jenn[_3_] is offline

On Oct 4, 11:11*am, "James Smith" wrote:
"Jenn" wrote :

"He wants to get to the "meat of the issue"."

A pun of sorts that I admit was difficult to resist

Not very sharp are you?

No, I'm just a dumb musician.

Correction : wannabe musician.

--

Jim Smith

That's right Jim, I'm just a dumb wannabe musician. So please tell us
about your 30 years in the business. I would sure like to learn from
you.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 4, 1:21*pm, "ScottW" wrote:
It was Jubers playing (the stage performances) i di not like,
it was not the recording methods.

*I have a hard time completely isolating the two.
*Some of the hardness I perceive in his playing might
very well be a function of the recording IMO.

the link you provided of him playing in his basement was very
different, almost night
and day, and it was veruy good.

*It was.

I like it a whole ,lot better than I liked your Sprague link.

Different songs. *Sprague may not quite be in Jubars technical
league but he's still pretty damn good IMO.
He's writing his own songs and playing about town here
more for fun than career it seems but I don't really know.
His appearances at Quails are just a blessing to
behold in that beautiful place.

ScottW

Spragues song was not as good, and hos playing was kinda dry.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
James Smith James Smith is offline

"Jenn" wrote :

2. We're talking about art. The evaluations are subjective. We've
shown that here. How can one say that there is a "best"?

Easy. Simply complete a sentence of the form "The best is "

Here is an example.

The best guitarist in the world is Tommy Emmanuel.

--

Jim Smith

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 4, 11:26*am, Boon wrote:

[...]

I will eagerly listen to her opinion on a recording recommendation,
but CERTAINLY NOT pay any attention to
waht she might say about the performances of any
'if her friends and associates.

I never asked Jenn to rip her friends' performances,
'I only asked her to rank order them.
I expected, and wanted to see, her critical
discernments between these performances.
If you prefer the hear about wahtr is good, rather
than what is bad, thst's understandable, but
the best thing to hear about is waht is good, better and best!
that way you have some critical information.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Oct 4, 2:16*pm, Jenn wrote:
On Oct 4, 8:52*am, ScottW2 wrote:

On Oct 3, 9:33*pm, Jenn wrote:

In article
,

*ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 2, 11:31*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article ,
*"James Smith" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote :

[...]

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Oct 4, 2:53*pm, George M. Middius wrote:
Sacky's kernel is cracked.

Wait a second. Didn't you know Sacky is a former civil servant? Government
bureaucracies are built on the assumption that everybody is equally skilled
and interchangeable, at least with a prescribed amount of training. When
Sacky asks for a ranking of performers, he's really asking which have the
most seniority.

That was funny!!!!

You're a benchmark of mediocrity.

nah, not very funny
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Sacky the Humorcrat decreed:

Sacky's kernel is cracked.

Wait a second. Didn't you know Sacky is a former civil servant? Government
bureaucracies are built on the assumption that everybody is equally skilled
and interchangeable, at least with a prescribed amount of training. When
Sacky asks for a ranking of performers, he's really asking which have the
most seniority.
That was funny!!!!

You're a benchmark of mediocrity.

nah, not very funny

I have a question about Witlessmongrel. Does he mince his oaths in real life
like he does on Usenet? Krooger censored himself on Usenet, but in real
life, his mouth is a running sewer. Christians are like that. How about
Scottie?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 4, 8:02*pm, George M. Middius wrote:
Sacky the Humorcrat decreed:

Sacky's kernel is cracked.

Wait a second. Didn't you know Sacky is a former civil servant? Government
bureaucracies are built on the assumption that everybody is equally skilled
and interchangeable, at least with a prescribed amount of training. When
Sacky asks for a ranking of performers, he's really asking which have the
most seniority.
That was funny!!!!

You're a benchmark of mediocrity.

nah, not very funny

I have a question about Witlessmongrel. Does he mince his oaths in real life
like he does on Usenet? Krooger censored himself on Usenet, but in real
life, his mouth is a running sewer. Christians are like that. How about
Scottie?

Egads! You are quite a hover thumper.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 3, 9:58*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:
On Oct 3, 10:48*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"

wrote:
On Oct 1, 5:48*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 1, 4:38*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"

wrote:
On Oct 1, 2:47*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 1, 10:55*am, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"

wrote:
On Oct 1, 8:35*am, Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 1, 2:59*am, Jenn wrote:

In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 30, 9:57*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 30, 5:36*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 30, 2:30*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 29, 11:40*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article

Jenn, not everything is equally excellent

Where did I say that?

Here, its the sum history of your postings.
You go gaga over eryone.

OK, let's try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vWQk47ROcw

This guy sucks. *If I played this badly, I'd start doing live sound
at a
church for a living. *He should quit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ac4MsjQaEc

This should instead be "Blowin Chunks". *Can't he at least learn to
TUNE
fercryinoutloud? *This guy plays like Dylan presently sings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2DC6S4i4wk

Are you kidding me? *Your Lowden is WAY outclassing you. *You're
killing
this beautiful arrangement. *And close your lips.

you gaga and fawn over everyone you know.

No I don't.

If you know someone, then that makes them the best ion the world.

No it doesn't.

You must know some mediocre,'or even just merely good players!

Of course. *But why would I talk about them here?

I'm glad that we could clear that up.

When someone mentions *a name of a person
you kn ow, I never here you say that he is mediovre, or
even merely good.
He is always just fantastice!!!

You're not thinking this through with any kind of normal reasoning:

1. *Yes, everyone I have presented here, like the guitarists, are great. *
Otherwise, why would I post their stuff. *"OK gang, here are some really
mediocre musicians for you to listen to. *Enjoy!"

No, I refer to your gaga's over everyone you'know, it is not related
to your links.

WHich is a straw man. *Name someone I know who I believe is mediocre,
and I'll tell you.

2. *If one of my friends looks themselves up on The Google and sees that
I have called them "mediocre", it would hurt our relationship. *The
logical fallacy that you are committing is that you think that I always
comment when a friend is mentioned. *I don't. *If I don't care for what
they do, I stay quiet. *I have to work with these people.

Then we should not pay any attention to your opinions of them,

Please, feel free. *No, really.

they are candy colored as not to offend your friends and professional
acquaintances.
You are telling us that you can't tell us
waht you really think. Since you don't want
to offend them, you fawn over them ina sycophantic fashion.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:
[...]

Or they are friends of hers and there is no good reason to comply with
your petty demands. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 3, 11:20*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
[...]

Your either a coward or a fawning sycophant Jneenen.

Clyde said so.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 4, 12:43*am, Clyde Slick wrote:
On Oct 4, 12:20*am, Jenn wrote:

In article
,

wrote:
[...]

Why not? And why don't you jump on 2pid for "giving us" his massively
stupid political opinions?

Jenn's opinions are at least audio-related. 2pid's aren't.

**** off, drunk. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 4, 9:33*am, ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 4, 5:34*am, MiNe 109 * wrote:

In article

,

*Jenn wrote:
You are so full of bull**** that it oozes from you. *You've jumped to a
massively bad conclusion.

This is how they do their politics as well.

*Stephens political vision is about 20-20,000,000

Or 15/15.

We all know what an ass you are, 2pid.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 4, 9:56*am, ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 3, 7:47*pm, Jenn wrote:

In article
,

*ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 3, 4:40*pm, George M. Middius wrote:
Witlessmongrel Jr. yapped:

My comment is that you and Dickie labeling Jenn a "sycophant" was
irrational
and not supported by any real evidence. (I do make allowances for the
warpage of reality that occurs when you get tanked.)

Like I said, you commented on it.

It doesn't exist. Is that a "comment", or do you want to sober up?

*Why are you and Jenn so into denying your own words?

ScottW

I'm not denying my words. *Not even close.

*This is the kind of stuff that spirals the argument.
You did exactly that with your blame the victim
comments on Mary Jo and you denied them to Art
in this thread.
He provided clear quotes.
Your denial is undeniable and irrefutable.
Now if you didn't mean to say what you said,
then say so.

Duh.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default 2pid admits that he has nothing to say

2pid has a moment of lucidity:

Does it surprise you that I have nothing to say

No, it doesn't. I'm used to it.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 4, 10:07*am, ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 3, 9:39*pm, Jenn wrote:

In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 3, 2:25*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 2, 1:42*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 1, 11:43*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 1, 10:44*am, Jenn wrote:
In article

om,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 1, 2:50*am, Jenn
wrote:
In article

s.co
m,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 30, 5:36*pm, Jenn
wrote:
In article

roup
s.co
m,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 30, 2:30*am, Jenn

wrote:
In article

ogle
grou
ps.c
om,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 29, 11:40*pm, Jenn

wrote:
[...]

I don't work with anyone you would name here who is
mediocre.
*You
don't
understand how good you have to be to make it as a
performer.
*I'm
BARELY in the professional performance scene in L.A.. and
other
places.
*
I've made other decisions (and interests) for my career.
*I'm
very,
very
lucky that I can make a percentage of my income, around
$20,000
year
the past few years, as a player of brass and trombone. *So
when
someone
whose style I share and understand gets mentioned here,
they
are at
place in the profession where they are REALLY special
players;
the
top
fraction of a percent of the people who are serious about
playing.
*If
you ask 100 people are really into this niche of guitar
playing
(solo
fingerstyle acoustic) who their favorite 5 players are, the
vast
majority would name those players I shared YouTube videos
of.

you shared more than five players. which of these are in
'your'
top five, and in what order?

In no order: *Smith, Juber, Huttlinger, Gerhard, McManus.
*Based on
more
than these videos.

Probably based on the five you most are in fear of ****ing off!

Yep, that's it exactly. *Thanks.

as you said earlier, you don't want to offend
anyone that might advamce your career.

Nope, I've never said that. *You're imagining things. *Bad batch of
Thunderbird?

essentially, that is what you said.

No, it's not.

You don't want to rank them for fear of offending one or more of them.
there are people you work with/for in a competitive field.

I prefer to have good relationships with people who I work with in
already stressful situations.

Fine, then spare us you fawning sycophancies.
Stop telling us how great and wonderful is each and every
luminous presence in your professional life.
It comes off as all so insincere and Pollyanna-i

If you can't even give us a simple rank order showing
us the relative 'bestness' of all the "greats" for fear of
'offending one of them for the least slight , we know that
you are not willing to give us any believable
assessments, and when you give us your "oohs" and
"aahs" about this associate , or that associate, of yours,
it is colored by your unwillingmness to be the least
bit critical.

Follow this simple adage in reference to your peers.
"If you can't tell us anything bad
about of you peers, don't say anything
at all about any of them!"

Don't worry. *I won't darken the door of this group with any more music.

*Don't get carried away. *They are your friends and colleagues so
your
opinion is of course, biased. *No big deal. Just acknowledge it and
then
put it out there for what it's worth.

I'd like your opinion on why Clyde drinks too much.

For what it's worth.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

wrote:
On Oct 1, 8:35*am, Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 1, 2:59*am, Jenn wrote:

In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 30, 9:57*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 30, 5:36*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 30, 2:30*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Sep 29, 11:40*pm, Jenn wrote:
[...]

this is exactly waht I have been talking about.
I am glad that you can realize that and admit it.

Can go go off on a limb enough to rank those
finger style guitar players? You can add a provisi
that even the last one on the list is very good, if you wish.
But rank order them for me, please.

Let's say that you worked in a business that was super highly
competitive, and those people are part of a very small group of people
who are qualified to do the work. *Further, several of those people are
personal friends. *WHen you work together, it is often in high pressure
situations in close quarters.

Now in that situation, would you rank the quality of those co-workers,
based on a video of their work that captures one moment in time, and
post that opinion on the internet?

I understand, because of the competitive nature of your
'business', the backstabbing, the backbiting,
the cliques, you just can't speak your true mind.
Well, that is exactly what I have been talking about, that
is what makes you appear to be a fawning sycophant
when you pour nothing but praise on the members
of your inner circle. You are dripping with insincerity
when you make those comments. You are afraid
of offending the frail ego of a musical talent who
might have some future benefit on your career.
You are afraid that the least critical word will start a backlash
against you that might cause harm to your position.
LOL!!!! That is what being a fawning sycophant is all about!!!!

PS: posts like these are what being a rambling drunk is all about!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you are too much of a coward to rank the vids

LOL!

you have no excuse at all, you don't even work woth those people.

You haven't told me the point of your little demand.

Meanwhile, I don't take orders from drunks. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The point is to get you to refuse and show us what a coward you are..

Coward? Why would that be?

None of Jenn's guitar playing friends mean much to me personally. What
would I have to be afraid of? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I suppose you'll call me a "fawning sycophant".
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are afraid to state your opinions of those players,
that is your cowardice. It has nothing to do with
whether or not you know those people.

So if I don't offer an opinion on dish detergent is best when you
demand one, the fact that I choose to say "**** off" shows cowardice
on my part?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is among the dumbest things I've ever heard.

LOl!!!!
That is one of the dumbest things I never said!!!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Oct 4, 11:22*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
On Oct 4, 12:43*am, Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 4, 12:20*am, Jenn wrote:

In article
,

wrote:
[...]

Jenn's opinions about her acquaintances are totally worthless,
she admits she can't tell us what she really thinks about them.
She should just keep them to herself, it'will make her look better
than giving us sugar coated
goo goos.

I tought I could help Jenn, I have been trying
to help Scott with his image also, but I have mostly given up.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Oct 4, 11:27*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
On Oct 4, 10:07*am, ScottW2 wrote:

On Oct 3, 9:39*pm, Jenn wrote:

In article

[...]