Posted to rec.audio.car
Thunder Thunder is offline

Default Best place to wire subs in vw golf?

I got my clarion deck installed today and i'm going to wire the amp and subs
in this weekend. I've never installed on a vw before tho. Where is the
best place to run wire from batt thru firewall? then thru car to trunk?

TIA

Posted to rec.audio.car
Thunder Thunder is offline

04

Posted to rec.audio.car
RG RG is offline

There is a grommet on the firewall below and to the left of the brake
vaccuum booster. This is where the the throttle cable would normally run
through. Since your car is "drive by wire" there is no cable but the grommet
and opening are still there. That is where you should run your amp cable.

- RG

"Thunder" wrote in message
04

Posted to rec.audio.car
RG RG is offline

Also, do a search on the the VWvortex forum. There are tons of info and
pics there on stereo installs and removing interior panels to install cables
and speakers, etc.

- RG

"Thunder" wrote in message
04

Posted to rec.audio.car
Thunder Thunder is offline

I cannot find the vwvortex forum but thanks for the info!

Posted to rec.audio.car
RG RG is offline

http://www.vwvortex.com/

"Thunder" wrote in message
I cannot find the vwvortex forum but thanks for the info!

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Just to add to my last post, you should run power wires down one side, and
then RCA's and speaker wires down the other side.

MOSFET

"Thunder" wrote in message
I got my clarion deck installed today and i'm going to wire the amp and
subs in this weekend. I've never installed on a vw before tho. Where is
the best place to run wire from batt thru firewall? then thru car to trunk?

TIA

Posted to rec.audio.car
John Comma Smith John Comma Smith is offline

MOSFET wrote:
Just to add to my last post, you should run power wires down one side, and
then RCA's and speaker wires down the other side.

MOSFET

Now I have a question for you, ho far should the RCA wires be from the
power wire? I ask, because I was planning on running the RCA wires under
my carpet in the center of the car, but it is about half the distance
away from the power wire than it would be if I ran it all the way on the
other side of the car.
Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Now I have a question for you, ho far should the RCA wires be from the
power wire? I ask, because I was planning on running the RCA wires under
my carpet in the center of the car, but it is about half the distance away
from the power wire than it would be if I ran it all the way on the other
side of the car.

IMHO, I don't think it needs to be very far away (there's no hard and fast
rule here). The KEY THING you want to avoid is your power wire running
right next to (in parallel with) your RCA's. Other than that, you can
usually get away with running your wires most anywhere you want. Just do
the best you can to keep power wires away from RCA's.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
RG RG is offline

It's always best to run the RCA's away from the power cable because ... it
will never hurt to do so, and it provides peace of mind more than anything
else. But I have run them right next to the power cable with zero
detrimental effects. I hate to say it, but for the most part it is largely
an urban myth. But I still try to run them separate anyway ...

-RG

"MOSFET" wrote in message
m...
Now I have a question for you, ho far should the RCA wires be from the
power wire? I ask, because I was planning on running the RCA wires under
my carpet in the center of the car, but it is about half the distance
away from the power wire than it would be if I ran it all the way on the
other side of the car.

IMHO, I don't think it needs to be very far away (there's no hard and fast
rule here). The KEY THING you want to avoid is your power wire running
right next to (in parallel with) your RCA's. Other than that, you can
usually get away with running your wires most anywhere you want. Just do
the best you can to keep power wires away from RCA's.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

I hate to say it, but for the most part it is largely
an urban myth. But I still try to run them separate anyway ...

-RG

I have to agree. I have never had a problem of ANY kind when running
cables. These are more just accepted practices that we all follow because
it is what EVERYONE ELSE does.

MOSFET