J.Andersson

Default Studiodesign links?

I have lost all my links'n'stuff about acoustics during re-install. Can you
help me?

I am looking for best acoustical designs in project studios and larger as
well.

studiotips.com is one what I have followed but good sites with examples and
tested designs are welcome.
commercials to give tips for basic ideas but if some site
offers guides how to design own, it would be very interesting.

Our plan is to design and built studio from logwood similar from this link
http://tinyurl.com/5akff

Also tips for good books about studioacoustics are interesting. Its been a
long time I searched for this kind
of things.

Does someone know more about logwood and how good it works acoustically.

Also if there is links to ready made logwood based studios, please let me
know.

thanks in advance,

Jukka

Ethan Winer

Jukka,

good sites with examples and tested designs are welcome.

Here's an article I wrote for EQ magazine recently that details the
construction of a small but well proportioned studio/control room:

http://www.realtraps.com/art_studio.htm

Another great resource is the SAE Institute:

http://www.saecollege.de/reference_material/index.html

Two online forums you may find useful are my own at EQ Magazine's site, and
John Sayers' Studio Design forum:

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/ultim...ubb=forum;f=26
http://www.johnlsayers.com/phpBB2/index.php

I hope this helps.

--Ethan

J.Andersson

most studios seems to have basic rentagular shape and basstraps in corners.
isnt it better to make studio with only walls between outspace and space
inside symmetrical but not facing walls to prevent standing waves. or is
basstraps needed anyway? just wondering
which is best basic figure for floorplan.

"Ethan Winer" ethanw at ethanwiner dot com kirjoitti
Jukka,

good sites with examples and tested designs are welcome.

Here's an article I wrote for EQ magazine recently that details the
construction of a small but well proportioned studio/control room:

http://www.realtraps.com/art_studio.htm

Another great resource is the SAE Institute:

http://www.saecollege.de/reference_material/index.html

Two online forums you may find useful are my own at EQ Magazine's site,

and
John Sayers' Studio Design forum:

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/ultim...ubb=forum;f=26
http://www.johnlsayers.com/phpBB2/index.php

I hope this helps.

--Ethan

Ethan Winer

Jukka,

most studios seems to have basic rentagular shape and basstraps in

corners.

That's only because many studios are built into existing spaces.

symmetrical but not facing walls to prevent standing waves.

No, standing waves occur whether the walls are angled or not.

or is basstraps needed anyway?

Yes, bass traps are always needed regardless of shape or size.

just wondering which is best basic figure for floorplan.

The design shown in my article is great for a small studio built into a
basement or a garage. If you have the means (read: money) to make a large
space in a dedicated building, you should talk to a professional studio
designer.

--Ethan