Posted to rec.audio.pro,
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

Default Comcast no longer supports Usenet - What are others using for access

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 12:58:49 -0400, Richard Crowley wrote
(in article ):

Comcast is also noted for being over-agressive in blocking "spam"
email. Many web hosting providers warn that sending email to
anyone on comcast is intermittently blocked by apparently random
actions by comcast.

I think it is probably better to get a few more spam emails than to
lose legitimate messages because my ISP is blocking that source
today. YMMV.

Haven't had that problem yet.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Guitar player?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWaPRHMGhGA

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Ty Ford" wrote ...
Richard Crowley wrote
I think it is probably better to get a few more spam emails than to
lose legitimate messages because my ISP is blocking that source
today. YMMV.

Haven't had that problem yet.

Or at least you aren't aware that you have the problem.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 11:44:21 -0400, Richard Crowley wrote
(in article ):

"Ty Ford" wrote ...
Richard Crowley wrote
I think it is probably better to get a few more spam emails than to
lose legitimate messages because my ISP is blocking that source
today. YMMV.

Haven't had that problem yet.

Or at least you aren't aware that you have the problem.

Richard,

Sorry, you are not allowed to occupy that space in my head, (or anyone
else's).

Regards,

Ty Ford

Guitar player?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWaPRHMGhGA

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Ty Ford" wrote ...
Richard Crowley wrote
"Ty Ford" wrote ...
Richard Crowley wrote
I think it is probably better to get a few more spam emails than to
lose legitimate messages because my ISP is blocking that source
today. YMMV.

Haven't had that problem yet.

Or at least you aren't aware that you have the problem.

Richard,

Sorry, you are not allowed to occupy that space in my head, (or anyone
else's).

I'll try emailing you from my web provider (who has a lot of
trouble sending to Comcast).

The first three links on your web page still appear to be dead from
Internet Explorer, but OK on FireFox: ("Email me", "OnLine Archive",
and "Audio Bootcamp Field Guide") The remainder appear to be OK.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Richard Crowley" wrote...
I'll try emailing you from my web provider (who has a lot of
trouble sending to Comcast).

Yup, just as I suspected...

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by
the server. The rejected e-mail address was '.
Subject 'Test message', Account: 'mail.rcrowley.com', Server:
'mail.rcrowley.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '553 sorry, that
domain isn't allowed to be relayed thru this MTA (#5.7.1)', Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

I deliberately munged your email address above for posting on Usenet.
The original rejection message contains your actual email address.

Is that what they mean by "inconvenient truth"? :-)

Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Ty Ford wrote:

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 11:44:21 -0400, Richard Crowley wrote
(in article ):

"Ty Ford" wrote ...
Richard Crowley wrote
I think it is probably better to get a few more spam emails than to
lose legitimate messages because my ISP is blocking that source
today. YMMV.

Haven't had that problem yet.

Or at least you aren't aware that you have the problem.

Richard,

Sorry, you are not allowed to occupy that space in my head, (or anyone
else's).

Regards,

Ty Ford

He's not talking about a space in your head. He is talking about space
that isn't available on your ISP's mail server...

ha
Iraq is Arabic for Vietnam