Posted to rec.audio.tech
Acousticism Acousticism is offline

Default What would you like your DAW to do?

What do you like or dislike about current DAW's such as ProTools and
Cubase? What would you like your DAW to do that it cant at the present
time? Is simple better, or is having a garage of options and windows?
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"Acousticism" wrote in message
Is simple better, or is having a garage of options and windows?

The two are NOT mutually exclusive. A good program is simple to use the
basics, or most common tasks. And also has all the extra processing
capabilities or plug-ins/add-ons that might be necessary, when required. The
extra processes should do nothing more than take up hard disk space and menu
options, when not required.

One thing I often found lacking in some programs is the degree of
customisation possible to the work space, menus, toolbars, short cuts, and
hardware support. But even that is improving I find.

MrT.