Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] T_MORGAN_85@YAHOO.COM is offline

Default HOW TO WIRE CAR SUBS/AMP

I AM TRYING TO HELP MY FRIEND PUT TOGETHER A CHEAP STEREO IN HIS CAR.
HE BOUGHT 2- 400W 10" DVC SUBS AND A 4 CHANEL 600W AMP. I MYSELF AM
NEW TO INSTALLING SUBS AND NEED SOME HELP.

QUESTION 1: THIS IS A DUMB ONE... IF THE SPEAKERS ARE DVC AND 4OHM,
DOES THAT MEAN THAT BOTH VOICE COILS ARE 4OHM'S EACH OR 4OHM'S TOTAL?

QUESTION 2: HIS DECK ONLY HAS ONE SET OF RCA OUTPUTS, YET HIS AMP HAS
INPUTS FOR EACH CHANEL. CAN WE USE AN RCA SPLITTER TO HOOK UP THE
OTHER CHANNELS?

ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

MY EMAIL IS