mystery M-bus

Old November 16th 06, 06:56 PM posted to rec.audio.car
Wallace

Default mystery M-bus

2002 Nissan Altima factory (non-Bose) headunit.
I recently installed a wired FM transmitter in order to get an aux in to my
factory system. (The wired FM transmitter didn't sound too great so I'm
looking for a different option to get an aux in, but would like to stay with
the factory headunit).

Installing the wired FM transmitter required me to remove the headunit for
access to the antenna input. What I found surprised the heck out of me.
There's what looks to be an M-bus on the back of the unit. I've seen
adaptors that will make an M-bus into a line in on certain factory headunits
but haven't found one that is listed as fitting mine.
I'm thinking that this M-bus is for installing a factory changer so I called
the Nissan dealer to see if one is available as an option for my car. That
would at least confirm if this is an M-bus.
After being on hold for awhile, they came back with an answer of no. They
didn't know anything about an M-bus on my headunit.

If it's indeed an M-bus, this would be an ideal solution to get a true line
in to my headunit.

Would anyone here know if this is an M-bus?
If not, what else could it be?

thanks,
Tom