Are they using real-time pitch fix?

Old December 27th 18, 12:18 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
brassplyer

Default Are they using real-time pitch fix?

Song from a Lady Antebellum concert. Three-part harmony in places and they're album tight.

I'd like to think they're just really well-rehearsed and have their stuff together but I know real-time pitch correction exists.

Whaddya think? Harmonies come in at about 2:40.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dp4GLm7sgo
Old December 27th 18, 02:25 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

Brassplyer > wrote:
>Song from a Lady Antebellum concert. Three-part harmony in places and they're album tight.
>
>I'd like to think they're just really well-rehearsed and have their stuff together but I know real-time pitch correction exists.

It does, but it doesn't work worth a damn. I have seen people try to use it
in concert and the effects are obvious.

>Whaddya think? Harmonies come in at about 2:40.
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dp4GLm7sgo

They might just be good. It used to be a lot of performers were that good,
because they had to be. On the other hand, maybe they are lipsynching in
concert, which is a very, very common thing today.
Old December 27th 18, 08:14 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
John Williamson

On 27/12/2018 01:25, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> Brassplyer > wrote:
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dp4GLm7sgo

> They might just be good. It used to be a lot of performers were that good,
> because they had to be. On the other hand, maybe they are lipsynching in
> concert, which is a very, very common thing today.
> --scott

Just looking at the video, there's no mic, pickup or connection visible
from here for that perfectly balanced acoustic guitar, so that makes sense.

Though it may be that there is a bridge pickup and a hidden radio pack.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Old December 28th 18, 05:44 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
jtees4

On Wed, 26 Dec 2018 15:18:13 -0800 (PST), Brassplyer
> wrote:

>Song from a Lady Antebellum concert. Three-part harmony in places and they're album tight.
>
>I'd like to think they're just really well-rehearsed and have their stuff together but I know real-time pitch correction exists.
>
>Whaddya think? Harmonies come in at about 2:40.
>

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dp4GLm7sgo

Sounds natural to me.
Old December 28th 18, 11:56 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 29/12/2018 5:44 AM, jtees4 wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Dec 2018 15:18:13 -0800 (PST), Brassplyer
> > wrote:
>
>> Song from a Lady Antebellum concert. Three-part harmony in places and they're album tight.
>>
>> I'd like to think they're just really well-rehearsed and have their stuff together but I know real-time pitch correction exists.
>>
>> Whaddya think? Harmonies come in at about 2:40.
>>

>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dp4GLm7sgo

> Sounds natural to me.

There is some slide guitar (and keys ?) amongst the harmonies as well.

Old December 29th 18, 09:54 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
robans

Scott Dorsey wrote:
> Brassplyer > wrote:
>> Song from a Lady Antebellum concert. Three-part harmony in places and they're album tight.
>>
>> I'd like to think they're just really well-rehearsed and have their stuff together but I know real-time pitch correction exists.

> It does, but it doesn't work worth a damn. I have seen people try to use it
> in concert and the effects are obvious.
>
>> Whaddya think? Harmonies come in at about 2:40.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dp4GLm7sgo

> They might just be good. It used to be a lot of performers were that good,
> because they had to be. On the other hand, maybe they are lipsynching in
> concert, which is a very, very common thing today.
> --scott

Good call; fun to guess if a performance is real or not! Watching this
it looks like it's a lip synch, they are not breathing properly to sing
this... if not, apologies to the artists!
Old December 29th 18, 12:31 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

My METS and YANKS need to start using pitch fix!
Old December 30th 18, 02:01 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 29/12/2018 9:54 PM, robans wrote:
> Scott Dorsey wrote:
>> Brassplyer* > wrote:
>>> Song from a Lady Antebellum concert. Three-part harmony in places and
>>> they're album tight.
>>>
>>> I'd like to think they're just really well-rehearsed and have their
>>> stuff together but I know real-time pitch correction exists.

>> It does, but it doesn't work worth a damn.* I have seen people try to
>> use it
>> in concert and the effects are obvious.
>>
>>> Whaddya think? Harmonies come in at about 2:40.
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dp4GLm7sgo

>> They might just be good.* It used to be a lot of performers were that
>> good,
>> because they had to be.* On the other hand, maybe they are lipsynching in
>> concert, which is a very, very common thing today.
>> --scott
>>

> Good call; fun to guess if a performance is real or not! Watching this
> it looks like it's a lip synch, they are not breathing properly to sing
> this... if not, apologies to the artists!

Most modern singers are technically barely 'singing' at all. So
breathing likely not an issue.

Old December 30th 18, 10:16 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
robans

geoff wrote:
> On 29/12/2018 9:54 PM, robans wrote:
>> Scott Dorsey wrote:

>>> It does, but it doesn't work worth a damn. I have seen people try to
>>> use it
>>> in concert and the effects are obvious.

>>> They might just be good. It used to be a lot of performers were that
>>> good,
>>> because they had to be. On the other hand, maybe they are
>>> lipsynching in
>>> concert, which is a very, very common thing today.
>>> --scott
>>>

>> Good call; fun to guess if a performance is real or not! Watching this
>> it looks like it's a lip synch, they are not breathing properly to
>> sing this... if not, apologies to the artists!

> Most modern singers are technically barely 'singing' at all. So
> breathing likely not an issue.

You may be right there, they're doing it quite effortlessly. Plus in ear
monitoring so they can hear well.

Old December 30th 18, 05:57 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Les Cargill[_4_]

Brassplyer wrote:
> Song from a Lady Antebellum concert. Three-part harmony in places and they're album tight.
>
> I'd like to think they're just really well-rehearsed and have their stuff together but I know real-time pitch correction exists.
>
> Whaddya think? Harmonies come in at about 2:40.
>

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dp4GLm7sgo

Those harmonies aren't so perfect as to be not live. They sound
Autotuney in that there's a bit of triangle wave to 'em but people
sing like that now.

--
Les Cargill