Biased Moderation on GearSlutz

Old August 13th 14, 12:04 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Biased Moderation on GearSlutz

Watch out for "Psycho Monkey".

If you post anything on Gearslutz that doesn't toe the "company line" he/she will delete it.

I've posted heavily regarding loudness and remastering over there and he more than any other mod. has been heavy handed in editing or outright deleting it.

Just a heads-up(hu for 21st century types).
Old August 13th 14, 12:38 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
None

You're a whiny little ****, aren't you?

> If you post anything on Gearslutz that doesn't toe the "company
> line" he/she will delete it.
>
> I've posted heavily regarding loudness and remastering over there
> and he more than any other mod. has been heavy handed in editing or
> outright deleting it.

So you're posting your bull**** on a moderated forum, and the
moderators are not taking it. Good for them. You're a ****ing moron
with an obsession about things that you refuse to understand.
Eventually, you'll be banned, because you're such an asshole and
idiot. You choose to be an asshole and an idiot, so stop your ****ing
whinging about the consequences.

> Just a heads-up(hu for 21st century types).

You're a drooling cretin with your head up your ass. And a ****ing
crybaby.

Old August 13th 14, 12:45 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers[_2_]

--
For a good time, visit
http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com

I've been "moderated" on Gearslutz when I've posted an announcement of a
review added to my web page. The complaint (and violation of their terms
of service) is that they don't allow a URL in a post that takes the
reader away from Gearslutz to another web site dealing with similar topics.

They don't seem to have a problem with such URLs posted in a tag line,
so I put up a message announcing the review and pointing to the tag line
in order to read it. That seems to work.
Old October 11th 16, 07:17 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

He is a major ******. Some dip**** that had a cowrite on a crappy-autotuned nick jonas song was called me a jaded asshole for having the nerve to call it crap. I replied that he could go fornicate himself and got a whiny note from ****monkey stating that I was getting an infraction because posts like mine where keeping the pros away. Having done this all my life, I told him the reason pros stay away is lame ass beat makers are all over gearslutz giving out bad advice. I told him to look at my posts which are usually in the newbie forum trying to correct bull****. He gave me more nonsense so I told him to go **** himself.

Old October 11th 16, 07:23 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

In article >,
> wrote:
>On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 at 7:04:18 AM UTC-4, wrot=
>e:
>> Watch out for "Psycho Monkey".
>>=20
>> If you post anything on Gearslutz that doesn't toe the "company line" he/=

>she will delete it.
>>=20
>> I've posted heavily regarding loudness and remastering over there and he =

>more than any other mod. has been heavy handed in editing or outright delet=
>ing it.
>>=20
>> Just a heads-up(hu for 21st century types).

>He is a major ******. Some dip**** that had a cowrite on a crappy-autotune=
>d nick jonas song was called me a jaded asshole for having the nerve to cal=
>l it crap. I replied that he could go fornicate himself and got a whiny no=
>te from ****monkey stating that I was getting an infraction because posts l=
>ike mine where keeping the pros away. Having done this all my life, I told=
> him the reason pros stay away is lame ass beat makers are all over gearslu=
>tz giving out bad advice. I told him to look at my posts which are usually=
> in the newbie forum trying to correct bull****. He gave me more nonsense =
>so I told him to go **** himself. =20

Welcome to the Internet of the New Millennium.
Old October 11th 16, 11:05 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA

On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 at 7:45:03 AM UTC-4, Mike Rivers wrote:
> On 8/13/2014 7:04 AM, wrote:
>
> > If you post anything on Gearslutz that doesn't toe the "company line" he/she will delete it.

> --
> For a good time, visit
http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com

> I've been "moderated" on Gearslutz when I've posted an announcement of a
> review added to my web page. The complaint (and violation of their terms
> of service) is that they don't allow a URL in a post that takes the
> reader away from Gearslutz to another web site dealing with similar topics.
>
> They don't seem to have a problem with such URLs posted in a tag line,
> so I put up a message announcing the review and pointing to the tag line
> in order to read it. That seems to work.

I see a new fad in web sites where file trading exists. You must "give" before you can "get". However, you do have the option to PAY MONEY to get to the goods, too. Actually, after a coworker told me about "mogg" multi-track files, I went internet searching. I found the four Led Zeppelin multi-tracks, because someone had posted them where they shouldn't have been!

But, yes, many "discussion" sites don't allow URLs.

Jack

Old December 13th 18, 04:10 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

On Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at 2:23:26 PM UTC-4, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> In article >,
> > wrote:
> >On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 at 7:04:18 AM UTC-4, wrot=
> >e:
> >> Watch out for "Psycho Monkey".
> >>=20
> >> If you post anything on Gearslutz that doesn't toe the "company line" he/=

> >she will delete it.
> >>=20
> >> I've posted heavily regarding loudness and remastering over there and he =

> >more than any other mod. has been heavy handed in editing or outright delet=
> >ing it.
> >>=20
> >> Just a heads-up(hu for 21st century types).

> >He is a major ******. Some dip**** that had a cowrite on a crappy-autotune=
> >d nick jonas song was called me a jaded asshole for having the nerve to cal=
> >l it crap. I replied that he could go fornicate himself and got a whiny no=
> >te from ****monkey stating that I was getting an infraction because posts l=
> >ike mine where keeping the pros away. Having done this all my life, I told=
> > him the reason pros stay away is lame ass beat makers are all over gearslu=
> >tz giving out bad advice. I told him to look at my posts which are usually=
> > in the newbie forum trying to correct bull****. He gave me more nonsense =
> >so I told him to go **** himself. =20

> Welcome to the Internet of the New Millennium.
> --scott
> --

GOOD I am not alone...
Old December 13th 18, 05:32 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford[_2_]

On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 at 7:04:18 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> Watch out for "Psycho Monkey".
>
> If you post anything on Gearslutz that doesn't toe the "company line" he/she will delete it.
>
> I've posted heavily regarding loudness and remastering over there and he more than any other mod. has been heavy handed in editing or outright deleting it.
>
> Just a heads-up(hu for 21st century types).

Is there a company line? What is it?

Regards,

Ty Ford

Very Interesting Gearslutz Thread > Can differences in hardware be heard? M0she_ Pro Audio 51 March 5th 10 11:23 PM
What has happened to Gearslutz? Tim Pro Audio 4 February 25th 07 02:25 AM
Biased Poll Bob Marcus High End Audio 4 October 7th 04 12:44 AM
[POLL] Should Lionel be put in charge of Moderation Policy forthis newsgroup? John McWilliams Audio Opinions 0 June 24th 04 01:12 AM
[POLL] Should Lionel be put in charge of Moderation Policy for this newsgroup? Chris X Audio Opinions 1 June 23rd 04 08:47 PM