Batch Windows Utility for Changing Audio Tempo, Music Key, and Playback Rate

Old December 19th 18, 06:53 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Batch Windows Utility for Changing Audio Tempo, Music Key, andPlayback Rate

On Wednesday, 19 December 2018 23:41:34 UTC+5, wrote:

> > > Well.. being a novice am unfamiliar with command line processes thats why i want some software with simple interface.. For output you are right (Y) theres no need for it to be in mp4 ..any format which is acceptable to youtube shall suffice. Is there any particular software in your mind to ask this? I just want one fixed JPG which i should input along with 600 mp3 files ..and get them converted automatically to mp4 or wmv or mpg or avi. Plz guide if it is possible. I tried FREEMAKE Video software which does batch convert job but asks to input JPG for every mp3 :-(
> > >

> > I've not tried it yet, but Openshot is cross platform and is based on
> > the ffmpeg libraries. It may doo what you want, and is free to download
> > and install under the GNU licence.
> >
> > --
> > Tciao for Now!
> >
> > John.

> Thanx .. downloading now .. help appreciated (Y)

Just checked .. it doesnt have batch processing feature Sir
Old December 19th 18, 07:07 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil W

>:

>> Thanx .. downloading now .. help appreciated (Y)

> Just checked .. it doesnt have batch processing feature Sir

Sooo, learn how to use command line - instead of posting here every 2
minutes. It´s not so complicated, as it may seem. In the days of DOS many
batch processings were done with command line and it was usually faster and
easier than with most GUI toys of today. Invest some hours or maybe even a
few days to learn and understand it.
There is no deadline to get those files processed, I assume. So, better take
some time to get things right instead of quick-and-ABSOLUTELY-DIRTY - if it
is such valuable music, treat it with due respect.

Anyway, if it is just AUDIO (music, speech, sounds, noise, whatever) - why
the hell MUST it be uploaded to Youtube, which is a VIDEO platform???
Just because all stupid people around the world have become to stupid to
listen to AUDIO on dedicated AUDIO platforms?
Sorry, call me old-fashioned, but IMHO this is just another way to support
that utter stupidity even more.

Old December 19th 18, 07:10 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 19/12/2018 11:20 PM, wrote:
> On Wednesday, 19 December 2018 14:43:12 UTC+5, wrote:

>>> Sound Forge can do it as a batch file job.
>>>
>>> But Mr OP, whose idea is it that the tempo is too fast ? Are they
>>> *actually* too fast, or is there a problem with what you are playing
>>> back on, or are you too hyped-up and everything seems slow ?
>>>
>>> geoff

>> none of these :-) motor of his Cassette Player is slow and he cant adjust it.. even hes not using a cable for output.. he simply plays the cassette and makes video of the song and sends me on whatsapp. Songs are so rare that i have to accept in this form too.. not available on internet.

> BUT now am thinking about a software which can 20% increase video speed of these 600 mp4 and re-write them back as mp4.. all in batch via a single click. Anyone has seen such a thing plz plz share name / link... cuz now i plan to upload these files to youtube so that everyone around the world can listen to them before they get extinct.

In which case I suggest restarting from scratch, with a cassette player
that works properly. Or is this no longer possible ? If the files are
that much 'worth it' , it may be worth considering.

Best with a linear PCM WAV file of the recordings to start with, even
from a cassette. The way you have done it means the audio has been
mangled at least 3 times by lossy-encoding and processing.

Old December 19th 18, 07:15 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

On Thursday, 20 December 2018 00:07:46 UTC+5, Phil W wrote:
> >:
>
> >> Thanx .. downloading now .. help appreciated (Y)

> > Just checked .. it doesnt have batch processing feature Sir

> Sooo, learn how to use command line - instead of posting here every 2
> minutes. It´s not so complicated, as it may seem. In the days of DOS many
> batch processings were done with command line and it was usually faster and
> easier than with most GUI toys of today. Invest some hours or maybe even a
> few days to learn and understand it.
> There is no deadline to get those files processed, I assume. So, better take
> some time to get things right instead of quick-and-ABSOLUTELY-DIRTY - if it
> is such valuable music, treat it with due respect.
>
> Anyway, if it is just AUDIO (music, speech, sounds, noise, whatever) - why
> the hell MUST it be uploaded to Youtube, which is a VIDEO platform???
> Just because all stupid people around the world have become to stupid to
> listen to AUDIO on dedicated AUDIO platforms?
> Sorry, call me old-fashioned, but IMHO this is just another way to support
> that utter stupidity even more.

i got your point in exact context.. problem here in a backward country like mine is that majority of music lovers either turn to youtube or facebook or dailymotion ..and unfortunately all three dont allow uploading mp3 else i wud have posted these files in past 24 hours.. Now if i post to some purely audio upload platform then simply there wont be any viewing at all in India & Pakistan..and being local music listeners from other countries wont be able to enjoy it at all..
Old December 19th 18, 07:22 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

On Thursday, 20 December 2018 00:10:12 UTC+5, geoff wrote:
> On 19/12/2018 11:20 PM, wrote:

> >> none of these :-) motor of his Cassette Player is slow and he cant adjust it.. even hes not using a cable for output.. he simply plays the cassette and makes video of the song and sends me on whatsapp. Songs are so rare that i have to accept in this form too.. not available on internet.

> > BUT now am thinking about a software which can 20% increase video speed of these 600 mp4 and re-write them back as mp4.. all in batch via a single click. Anyone has seen such a thing plz plz share name / link... cuz now i plan to upload these files to youtube so that everyone around the world can listen to them before they get extinct.
> >

> In which case I suggest restarting from scratch, with a cassette player
> that works properly. Or is this no longer possible ? If the files are
> that much 'worth it' , it may be worth considering.
>
> Best with a linear PCM WAV file of the recordings to start with, even
> from a cassette. The way you have done it means the audio has been
> mangled at least 3 times by lossy-encoding and processing.
>
> geoff

very right to restart from scratch.. but the thing is i dont own those cassettes either..and as told earlier these were sent to me as cellphone made video files sent to me on whatsapp over a period of many months ..from other country. So now i have converted all those mp4 to mp3 with speed correction.. At present i want a single JPG pic attached to all those 600 mp3 files via some software via batch process.. and am unable to find any such software ...for which am seeking help right now.
Old December 19th 18, 07:47 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah

> motor of his Cassette Player is slow and he cant adjust it
I remember finding a small hole at the bottom cassette player motors
that allowed access with a jeweler's screwdriver to an adjustable
pot that would change the speed.
Old December 19th 18, 08:00 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

On Thursday, 20 December 2018 00:47:06 UTC+5, Tobiah wrote:
> > motor of his Cassette Player is slow and he cant adjust it

> I remember finding a small hole at the bottom cassette player motors
> that allowed access with a jeweler's screwdriver to an adjustable
> pot that would change the speed.

Yes.. that wud not have been a problem if i had that cassette player but as posted earlier someone sent me those recordings from other country.. Now i have adjusted speed problems.. by converting them to mp3 and via speed change software ..told by you people here (thanx again n again) Now i want to upload all those mp3 files to youtube in the form of video where there will be just one pic on-screen and the audio from that mp3 shall be playing in its background. For that i need a software which can convert all those mp3 to mp4 as batch while only one still pic should be displayed.. You can call it a slide show of one pic :-) which software plz?
Old December 19th 18, 09:27 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

On Wednesday, December 19, 2018 at 3:00:57 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Thursday, 20 December 2018 00:47:06 UTC+5, Tobiah wrote:
> > > motor of his Cassette Player is slow and he cant adjust it

> > I remember finding a small hole at the bottom cassette player motors
> > that allowed access with a jeweler's screwdriver to an adjustable
> > pot that would change the speed.

> Yes.. that wud not have been a problem if i had that cassette player but as posted earlier someone sent me those recordings from other country.. Now i have adjusted speed problems.. by converting them to mp3 and via speed change software ..told by you people here (thanx again n again) Now i want to upload all those mp3 files to youtube in the form of video where there will be just one pic on-screen and the audio from that mp3 shall be playing in its background. For that i need a software which can convert all those mp3 to mp4 as batch while only one still pic should be displayed.. You can call it a slide show of one pic :-) which software plz?

you need video editing software to create a video even if it is a still pic..

windows movie maker is the usual.

Not sure about a batch mode though.

mark

Old December 19th 18, 09:35 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

On Thursday, 20 December 2018 02:28:02 UTC+5, wrote:
> > > I remember finding a small hole at the bottom cassette player motors
> > > that allowed access with a jeweler's screwdriver to an adjustable
> > > pot that would change the speed.

> > Yes.. that wud not have been a problem if i had that cassette player but as posted earlier someone sent me those recordings from other country.. Now i have adjusted speed problems.. by converting them to mp3 and via speed change software ..told by you people here (thanx again n again) Now i want to upload all those mp3 files to youtube in the form of video where there will be just one pic on-screen and the audio from that mp3 shall be playing in its background. For that i need a software which can convert all those mp3 to mp4 as batch while only one still pic should be displayed.. You can call it a slide show of one pic :-) which software plz?

> you need video editing software to create a video even if it is a still pic.
>
> windows movie maker is the usual.
>
> Not sure about a batch mode though.
>
> mark

Thanx.. i checked WMM .. unfortunately it has no batch mode :-(
FREEMAKE VIDEO does have a batch mode but it asks to provide pic for every mp3 separately.. means for 600 files you have to input 600 pics.. while i just want to use only 1 still pic for all 600 files. Hope i conveyed.
Old December 19th 18, 10:02 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah

On 12/19/18 1:35 PM, wrote:
> On Thursday, 20 December 2018 02:28:02 UTC+5, wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes.. that wud not have been a problem if i had that cassette player but as posted earlier someone sent me those recordings from other country.. Now i have adjusted speed problems.. by converting them to mp3 and via speed change software ..told by you people here (thanx again n again) Now i want to upload all those mp3 files to youtube in the form of video where there will be just one pic on-screen and the audio from that mp3 shall be playing in its background. For that i need a software which can convert all those mp3 to mp4 as batch while only one still pic should be displayed.. You can call it a slide show of one pic :-) which software plz?

>> you need video editing software to create a video even if it is a still pic.
>>
>> windows movie maker is the usual.
>>
>> Not sure about a batch mode though.
>>
>> mark

> Thanx.. i checked WMM .. unfortunately it has no batch mode :-(
> FREEMAKE VIDEO does have a batch mode but it asks to provide pic for every mp3 separately.. means for 600 files you have to input 600 pics.. while i just want to use only 1 still pic for all 600 files. Hope i conveyed.

What, you can't just use the same file name for all?