Biased Moderation on GearSlutz

Old December 13th 18, 11:34 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Biased Moderation on GearSlutz

Ty Ford:
The 'company line' on GS is: Do not bring up the loudness war
or the abuses of audio processing in the digital realm.
Old December 13th 18, 11:44 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
None

Thecckkhhh-mahhhh <dumb**** @ shortbus.edu> gibbered in message

> Ty Ford:
> The 'company line' on GS is: Do not bring up the loudness war
> or the abuses of audio processing in the digital realm.

The general rule is: don't obsessively and incessantly rant about things
you're too retarded to understand. And when the rules are explained to you,
pay attention and don't intentionally violate them like a dumb ****. As
everyone here knows quite well, you're an idiot and you post about **** that
you don't understand. On a moderated forum, retarded assholes like you get
tossed. And you're still too ****ing retarded to understand why you were
tossed. SJDB. SBDF.

Old December 14th 18, 01:09 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

geoff wrote: "
Why pick on 'the digital realm' ? Is hyper-compression in the analogue
realm somehow OK ?

geoff "

If processing(of any kind) in the analogue realm was dynamite,
then processing in the digital realm is uranium - as in,
nuclear.

Got it?

I'm not in favor of over- this or hyper- that in any format,
in analog or digital. I'm just saying that what is *possible*
in digital blows away almost anything that was doable
back in the purely analog days.
Old December 14th 18, 01:19 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
None

Theckmah, the village idiot, puked up more dumb****ery in message

> geoff wrote: "
> Why pick on 'the digital realm' ? Is hyper-compression in the analogue
> realm somehow OK ?
>
> geoff "
>
> If processing(of any kind) in the analogue realm was dynamite,

But it's not, dumb****. Can't you just **** off out of here, li'l buddy? Go
crap all over some other forum. Nobody wants your retarded gibbering around
here.

Old December 14th 18, 05:22 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford[_2_]

On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 at 7:04:18 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> Watch out for "Psycho Monkey".
>
> If you post anything on Gearslutz that doesn't toe the "company line" he/she will delete it.
>
> I've posted heavily regarding loudness and remastering over there and he more than any other mod. has been heavy handed in editing or outright deleting it.
>
> Just a heads-up(hu for 21st century types).

Hmm, (checking) Looks like Loudness Wars remains a viable topic there.

I was listening to my four Strawbs LPs recently. Yes, vinyl from the 70's. Loudness? No, but they had other physical issues, like trying to keep the stylus from literally jumping out of the groove.

At least one of the four LP was quite limited by today's standards. There wasn't a particularly massive amount of audible artifacts, however, the music had no "pop."

I haven't had time or inclination to push some of it into my workstation to look at the waveforms, but it was mostly uninteresting, unattractive and un compelling.

Mike or Geoff, why is there always someone here with a bug up their ass and bad breath who hides behind their screen? Is it the same malcontent changing his/her screen name or do different psychotics float through periodically. It's truly sad that some people are so broken that their entertainment and sense of self is left to smearing **** on the walls in an effort to drag others down to their level of misery.

From a holistic perspective, that sort of inflammation usually leads to cancer and is usually the result of familial abuse during childhood. As a result, I'm always saddened to see it. Some become so entrained by it that they can't stop because it's the only thing they know. Breaking through that crust is seldom easy, but well worth it

Very Interesting Gearslutz Thread > Can differences in hardware be heard? M0she_ Pro Audio 51 March 5th 10 10:23 PM
What has happened to Gearslutz? Tim Pro Audio 4 February 25th 07 01:25 AM
Biased Poll Bob Marcus High End Audio 4 October 7th 04 12:44 AM
[POLL] Should Lionel be put in charge of Moderation Policy forthis newsgroup? John McWilliams Audio Opinions 0 June 24th 04 01:12 AM
[POLL] Should Lionel be put in charge of Moderation Policy for this newsgroup? Chris X Audio Opinions 1 June 23rd 04 08:47 PM