Winston

Default WTB: 5 1/2 " woofer must be 4OHM

Subject says it all.

Richard Crowley

"Winston" wrote ...
Subject says it all.

Don't hold your breath (unless you can locate an OEM part).
When you give up. Come back and give more details and you
might get some good suggestions for Plan-B.

Richard Crowley

"Winston" wrote ...
Subject says it all.

Don't hold your breath (unless you can locate an OEM part).
When you give up. Come back and give more details and you
might get some good suggestions for Plan-B.

Adam

www.madisound.com

"Richard Crowley" wrote in message
"Winston" wrote ...
Subject says it all.

Don't hold your breath (unless you can locate an OEM part).
When you give up. Come back and give more details and you
might get some good suggestions for Plan-B.

cyrus

In article . net,
"Winston" wrote:

Subject says it all.

partsexpress.com

--
cyrus

*coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*

cyrus

In article . net,
"Winston" wrote:

Subject says it all.

partsexpress.com

--
cyrus

*coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*

Kendall

"Richard Crowley" wrote in message
Bzzzt! I was dyslexicly reading the requirement as "40 ohm".
Certainly there are any number of sources of more conventional
"4-ohm" drivers.

Don't you hate it that there is no "un-post" option for times like that? Or
an "un-send" command in e-mail?

Kendall

Scott Dorsey

In article . net,
Winston wrote:
Subject says it all.

Do you care what it sounds like?

If you can be relaxed about T-S parameters, Madisound probably has a few
dozen totally different woofers in that size, most of which can probably
be ordered with a 4-ohm voice coil. Hell, Quam-Nichols probably even does.

Scott Dorsey

Bzzzt! I was dyslexicly reading the requirement as "40 ohm".
Certainly there are any number of sources of more conventional
"4-ohm" drivers.

40-ohm is easy too, since 45 ohms is a standard intercom speaker impedance.
Quam has a whole stack of nifty 45 ohm speakers. Poorer power handling
than the 8-ohm equivalent, but they can be used for talkback.

Richard Crowley

"Scott Dorsey" wrote ...
40-ohm is easy too, since 45 ohms is a standard intercom
speaker impedance. Quam has a whole stack of nifty 45
ohm speakers. Poorer power handling than the 8-ohm
equivalent, but they can be used for talkback.

Yeah, I thought of that, but in infered from the term "woofer"
that the OP wasn't talking about a cheap intercom transducer.

Richard Crowley

"Richard Crowley" wrote ...
Bzzzt! I was dyslexicly reading the requirement as "40 ohm".
Certainly there are any number of sources of more conventional
"4-ohm" drivers.

"Kendall" wrote ...
Don't you hate it that there is no "un-post" option for times like that?

Or an "un-send" command in e-mail?

There is. ("Cancel Message") But the modern internet is so fast and
efficient that it is practically useless anymore. Your posting has
already gone out to dozens of nodes and been read by people with
a lot of time on their hands before you can find the menu item. :-)

Carey Carlan

"Richard Crowley" wrote in
:

Or an "un-send" command in e-mail?

There is. ("Cancel Message") But the modern internet is so fast and
efficient that it is practically useless anymore. Your posting has
already gone out to dozens of nodes and been read by people with
a lot of time on their hands before you can find the menu item. :-)

Also, the cancel request must be honored by the receiving news server.
Many no longer process them.

Les Cargill

Kendall wrote:

"Richard Crowley" wrote in message

Bzzzt! I was dyslexicly reading the requirement as "40 ohm".
Certainly there are any number of sources of more conventional
"4-ohm" drivers.

Don't you hate it that there is no "un-post" option for times like that? Or
an "un-send" command in e-mail?

Actually, there is. Mozilla supports it too - it's called a
"cancel". Don't think Outlook does...

Kendall

--
Les Cargill

Richard Crowley

"Les Cargill" wrote in message
Kendall wrote:

"Richard Crowley" wrote in message

Bzzzt! I was dyslexicly reading the requirement as "40 ohm".
Certainly there are any number of sources of more conventional
"4-ohm" drivers.

Don't you hate it that there is no "un-post" option for times like that?

Or
an "un-send" command in e-mail?

Actually, there is. Mozilla supports it too - it's called a
"cancel". Don't think Outlook does...

Outlook doesen't even do Usenet/NNTP/newsgroups.

However Outlook Express (which DOES do newsgroups)
indeed has standard "Cancel Message" functionality.
Of course, how the network of NNTP servers handles
the cancel messages is a completely different discussion.

Les Cargill

Kendall wrote:

"Richard Crowley" wrote in message

Bzzzt! I was dyslexicly reading the requirement as "40 ohm".
Certainly there are any number of sources of more conventional
"4-ohm" drivers.

Don't you hate it that there is no "un-post" option for times like that?

Or

an "un-send" command in e-mail?

Actually, there is. Mozilla supports it too - it's called a
"cancel". Don't think Outlook does...

Outlook doesen't even do Usenet/NNTP/newsgroups.

Outlook mostly transmits worms.

However Outlook Express (which DOES do newsgroups)

I do not know enough to distinguish between them.

indeed has standard "Cancel Message" functionality.
Of course, how the network of NNTP servers handles
the cancel messages is a completely different discussion.

Of course. My server at present handles them in the manner
proscribed.

The Internet is proof that you cannot trust people in
a room with a blinking red button to not press it,
no matter how you give them incentives for not
pressing the button.

--
Les Cargill

GMAN

In article , "Richard Crowley" wrote:
"Richard Crowley" wrote ...
Bzzzt! I was dyslexicly reading the requirement as "40 ohm".
Certainly there are any number of sources of more conventional
"4-ohm" drivers.

"Kendall" wrote ...
Don't you hate it that there is no "un-post" option for times like that?

Or an "un-send" command in e-mail?

There is. ("Cancel Message") But the modern internet is so fast and
efficient that it is practically useless anymore. Your posting has
already gone out to dozens of nodes and been read by people with
a lot of time on their hands before you can find the menu item. :-)

And many ISP's dont even allow or support the command on their end anyways.