Posted to rec.audio.pro
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

Default Shock Mount for 30mm Mic

Does anyone make a shock mount for a 30mm diameter handheld mic?
(ATR2100-USB) It's the same body size at a wireless mic, like the Shures.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Alan[_3_] Alan[_3_] is offline

On 19/12/2011 1:43 PM, mcp6453 wrote:
Does anyone make a shock mount for a 30mm diameter handheld mic?
(ATR2100-USB) It's the same body size at a wireless mic, like the Shures.

Yes, an AKG H 30 would do the trick, if you think the cost warrants it.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article ,
mcp6453 wrote:
Does anyone make a shock mount for a 30mm diameter handheld mic?
(ATR2100-USB) It's the same body size at a wireless mic, like the Shures.

Shure makes a shockmount for their wireless mikes, though it's not all
that effective. However, it's easy to slip in and out and it is rugged.

Sabra-Som makes a rubber band shockmount that will fit a 30mm mike. It's
not easy to slip in and out on stage and it breaks very easily, but it
is extremely effective.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"mcp6453" wrote in message
Does anyone make a shock mount for a 30mm diameter handheld mic?
(ATR2100-USB) It's the same body size at a wireless mic, like the Shures.

http://sabra-som.com/detalhe_produto...d=SSM-1&lang=3 looks
pretty good, and not exorbitantly priced.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"mcp6453" wrote in message
Does anyone make a shock mount for a 30mm diameter handheld mic?
(ATR2100-USB) It's the same body size at a wireless mic, like the Shures.

Also Windtech SP-25 and SP-30 http://www.wind-tech.net/Shock_Mounts.php

I've been known to wrap mics with cloth electrical tape or gaffer's tape to
make them snug in too-large shock mounts.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Fran Guidry Fran Guidry is offline

On Dec 18, 4:43*pm, mcp6453 wrote:
Does anyone make a shock mount for a 30mm diameter handheld mic?
(ATR2100-USB) It's the same body size at a wireless mic, like the Shures.

Rycote makes a modular Lyre system that includes 30mm parts.

Fran
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] gordon.firemark@gmail.com is offline

On Sunday, December 18, 2011 6:43:29 PM UTC-8, mcp6453 wrote:
Does anyone make a shock mount for a 30mm diameter handheld mic?

(ATR2100-USB) It's the same body size at a wireless mic, like the Shures.

Not long ago, I saw a youtube video demonstrating how to use some closed cell foam pipe insulation to narrow the opening of a larger spider style shock mount to hold an ATR2100. You could use a slice from a pool "noodle", too....
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Luxey Luxey is offline

On Monday, 19 December 2011 03:43:29 UTC+1, mcp6453 wrote:
Does anyone make a shock mount for a 30mm diameter handheld mic?

(ATR2100-USB) It's the same body size at a wireless mic, like the Shures.

Just yesterday, on the session, I realized I've forgot to bring rubber band shock mount for large body condenser, so I just taped it to the stand, over some sponge.
It was not like it's going to move anywhere, or pick up any vibrations from, so why not.