Lennart

Default Who can rebuild an MCI capstan motor?

Precision Motor Works are out of business...
AMP services doesn't respond on e-mail...
Who else can help???
Thanks in advance for tips
Best Regards
/Lennart Schander
(Starec Gramophone AB - Sweden)
david

In article , Lennart
wrote:

Precision Motor Works are out of business...

Was surprised to hear this. The business was in the bottom floor of his
house, out in the middle of noplace. Lucky for us he wasn't far away.

I found Jeff Gilman's work on motors by far the best. Plus he was a
great guy to deal with. Very no b.s. and helpful.

Had anyone else heard this?

David Correia
Celebration Sound
Warren, Rhode Island

www.CelebrationSound.com
David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"david" wrote in message ...
In article , Lennart
wrote:

Precision Motor Works are out of business...

Was surprised to hear this. The business was in the bottom floor of his
house, out in the middle of noplace. Lucky for us he wasn't far away.

I found Jeff Gilman's work on motors by far the best. Plus he was a
great guy to deal with. Very no b.s. and helpful.

Had anyone else heard this?

I'll be surprised if this is true. Steve Sadler at Blevins Audio Exchange
in Nashville could definitely provide the skinny, if not a rebuilt or used
motor.

DM

James Perrett

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 00:48:40 -0500, david wrote:

In article , Lennart
wrote:

Precision Motor Works are out of business...

Was surprised to hear this. The business was in the bottom floor of his
house, out in the middle of noplace. Lucky for us he wasn't far away.

I found Jeff Gilman's work on motors by far the best. Plus he was a
great guy to deal with. Very no b.s. and helpful.

Had anyone else heard this?

He was still in business around 3 months ago when I bought some
replacement MTR90 capstan rollers.

Cheers.

James.

MDI precision is NOT out of business.
http://www.precisionmotorworks.com/
978-562-4420
Jeff RULES!

david

In article , Joe Boerst
wrote:

Checkout Athan.com

I would suggest you stay away from them for any motor work.

David Correia
Celebration Sound
Warren, Rhode Island

www.CelebrationSound.com

AR turntable rebuild ?? DV Nebel Tech 1 September 6th 04 04:21 AM
Replacement motor for Linn Axis? Thomas A Tech 0 August 8th 04 07:22 PM
ar-xa synchron motor specs? johnnyp Tech 20 February 24th 04 08:59 PM
Tascam ATR 60 reel motor gone ? Scott Dorsey Pro Audio 1 August 22nd 03 10:55 PM
How do you hook up 2 Motor Mixes with PT LE 001 NoteFarm Pro Audio 0 August 5th 03 05:31 AM