Tony

Default Audible difference?: 1cu-ft and 1.25cu-ft

Happy Holidays to everyone!

I received a 1.0cu-ft sealed box for my 12" Infinity sub for Christmas. The
other half can't find the receipt for it yet. Here's the deal: per
Infinity's sub specs, their recommended size is 1.25cu-ft. I had already
had another box and the same sub (and amp) for a few months now, but it's a
1.25cu-ft box. Before I go opening the new box, installing the speaker,
hooking the wires up, etc., etc., I'm wondering just how different the two
boxes will sound with the same speakers and amps? They both will be used in
the same vehicle...was going to be used as stereo subs. TIA.

Paul Vina

The main differences will be very slightly reduced low bass and a very
slightly raised midbass. If you won't be listening too loudly and listen to
mainly rock, rap or pop the smaller box could work well.

Paul Vina

"Tony" wrote in message
Happy Holidays to everyone!

I received a 1.0cu-ft sealed box for my 12" Infinity sub for Christmas.

The
other half can't find the receipt for it yet. Here's the deal: per
Infinity's sub specs, their recommended size is 1.25cu-ft. I had already
had another box and the same sub (and amp) for a few months now, but it's

1.25cu-ft box. Before I go opening the new box, installing the speaker,
hooking the wires up, etc., etc., I'm wondering just how different the

two
boxes will sound with the same speakers and amps? They both will be used

in
the same vehicle...was going to be used as stereo subs. TIA.

sanitarium

I say go for it. Personally I could hear a very small difference with my
subs and cars in the past... but thats just me. If its a sealed box, stuff
it with .75 - 1 Lb of pillow stuffing and you should be good to go.

Garrett