Anyone have a Schematic for an Alesis QuadraSynth?

Old Yesterday, 04:52 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Anyone have a Schematic for an Alesis QuadraSynth?

On 16/06/2019 7:53 AM, Paul wrote:
> On 6/15/2019 5:12 AM, geoff wrote:

>>> ******** Also, the both modulation wheel, and the pitch wheel on the
>>> left, are both made of this soft rubber, and for some dumb reason,
>>> the engineers made them side-by-side, such they they rub each other!
>>>
>>> ******** So as I turn one wheel, the other wheel follows it!
>>>
>>> ******** ****-poor design.* I might have to sand down one, or both
>>> of the wheels, so they don't touch anymore.

>> Nothing a sharp blade can't fix !
>>

> *** Here's a pic:
>

> https://www.gearslutz.com/board/atta...3-13.58.35.jpg
>

> *** You can see that the pitch and modulation wheels are touching.
>
> *** Really lousy design.* Yes, I might have to take a blade to it.

Yeah that rubberised finished that turns to goop after a decade or so.
Suggest disassemble the wheels, trim of the excess that is squidging
over the edges or the hard plastic wheel, and bevel it back a bit. All
with a sharp blade of some sort.

Old Yesterday, 05:30 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul[_13_]

On 6/15/2019 8:52 PM, geoff wrote:
> On 16/06/2019 7:53 AM, Paul wrote:

>>> Nothing a sharp blade can't fix !
>>>

>> **** Here's a pic:
>>

>> https://www.gearslutz.com/board/atta...3-13.58.35.jpg
>>

>> **** You can see that the pitch and modulation wheels are touching.
>>
>> **** Really lousy design.* Yes, I might have to take a blade to it.
>>

> Yeah that rubberised finished that turns to goop after a decade or so.
> Suggest disassemble the wheels, trim of the excess that is squidging
> over the edges or the hard plastic wheel, and bevel it back a bit. All
> with a sharp blade of some sort.

Yeah, it appears the rubber has expanded a bit, or perhaps the
axis of one of the wheels, has been knocked off alignment, hence
the touching and rubbing. Will probably cut some of the wheels.

Good news: 91% isopropyl alcohol has cleaned all the keys, so
they all work now! Funny thing: someone (Probably the same genius
that put only half of the header in!) put the rubber velocity
strips in backwards for about 1/3rd of the keys. One of the two
contacts is closer to the board for a reason! But kinda interesting
that most of the keys worked anyways, even with the rubber strip
in the wrong way!

Ok, next is the pitch and modulation pots. It looks like someone
spilled a drink in this part of the board, which would explain
a lot!

:/