Capstan motor info

Old June 14th 19, 07:42 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
gareth magennis

Default Capstan motor info

Hi,

I have here a tape echo, Evans super echo SE-810, with a non working capstan
motor.

Can't find any schematics for this, so am looking for generic info what this
motor and driver circuit might be, so I can diagnose and fix it.

Photos he

Motor with connectors
http://tinypic.com/r/28stz05/9

Drive circuitry
http://tinypic.com/r/34e2txh/9

Cheers,

Gareth.

Old June 15th 19, 05:43 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil Allison[_4_]

gareth magennis wrote:

> I have here a tape echo, Evans super echo SE-810, with a non working capstan
> motor.
>
> Can't find any schematics for this, so am looking for generic info what this
> motor and driver circuit might be, so I can diagnose and fix it.
>
> Photos he
>
> Motor with connectors
> http://tinypic.com/r/28stz05/9
>
> Drive circuitry
> http://tinypic.com/r/34e2txh/9

** Looks to be the same brushless DC motor ( Pioneer ) and drive card as used in early Roland tape echos - like the RE-201.

A slow running motor when driving tape is almost always a top bearing problem.

However, a dead motor is not easily repaired.

Roland 201 and 301 schematics are easily found on the web.

What you need is another motor to try to find out if that is the problem or not.

..... Phil