music ID recommendations?

Old June 5th 19, 05:06 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah

Default music ID recommendations?

> Thanks, but no thanks (regarding smartphone).

Just curious: what happens to be the objection?
You could get an old Android from eBay for $20 or so
and use it without service for running applications.

Old June 6th 19, 02:51 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
JBI

On 6/5/19 12:06 PM, Tobiah wrote:
>> Thanks, but no thanks (regarding smartphone).

> Just curious:* what happens to be the objection?
> You could get an old Android from eBay for $20 or so
> and use it without service for running applications.

This may or my not be relevant (to phones), but a few years back I
decided to try and Android tablet. I felt that there were so many
security loopholes that practically any outsider could exploit that that
ended my interest in tablets... and phones.

Just firing up Win 10 to access Cordana and that music matching website
made me uncomfortable because of all the signing up/ security that had
to be done. I personally don't use Win unless I have to.

Now before anyone fires off, the aforementioned is just my opinion, may
or may not be factual. It's how I feel.

Old June 6th 19, 02:55 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
JBI

On 6/5/19 12:26 AM, JBI wrote:
> Here's a link to the songs I posted where I am looking for ID, starting
> with at least the song name.* With any hope/ luck, narrowing down to the
> instrumentalist.* There are three pages, starting with this one:
>
> *https://www.watzatsong.com/en/profile/jon5
>
> Anyone take a crack and come up with some answers, it sure would be
> welcome.* Thanks in advance!

Well, today I had a LOT of success using Midomi. It found about 60% of
the songs I played or even hummed for it. It took two+ tries sometimes
to find just the right spot in the songs that didn't have much noise.
It didn't find them all, but in many cases those songs were a lot
noisier. I have clearer recordings I'll be accessing in the coming days.

Interestingly enough, all of the songs I ID'd today were NOT the ones I
had uploaded to the watzatsong.com site. Other than the ones that were
identified there, the rest still remain unknown.
Old June 6th 19, 03:05 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
JBI

On 6/5/19 6:33 AM, polymod wrote:

> Probably a stupid recommendation but...
>
> If you're on Facebook try joining an Italian group and post the songs
> there.
> A quick search on Facebook finds at least two groups dedicated to
> Italian music.

Not stupid at all. I have been considering that, although today I did
make significant progress ID'ing a bunch of songs.

Old June 6th 19, 02:52 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

> >> I've had a little bit better luck tonight. Since many of the samples I
> >> recorded were noisy (since they came from essentially a weak to fair
> >> radio signal), I've had to apply a fair amount of noise reduction. Even
> >> so, there's still artifacts here and there and since the station
> >> broadcasts in USB (upper sideband), there's very little bass left.

> > So this is a "short wave" radio station?

> Yes, on 10 Mhz shortwave, Upper Sideband. It's weak to begin with and
> there's a Russian time station that just lies below it. Everytime the
> Russian station transmits its time in morse, it almost swamps the
> Italian time station on 10 Mhz. It's making it quite tough to extract
> and ID the songs, although today I made significant progress for the
> first time.

10.000 MHz is allocated to time stations.

Are you sure your station is on 10 MHz?

Or are you tuned to an image?

Old June 6th 19, 05:54 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
JBI

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JN53DV