Amp cutting out?

Old January 21st 06, 08:40 PM posted to rec.audio.car

Default Amp cutting out?

My amp tends to cut out, during summer months after some extended high
volume listening. After about a 5 min wait, it will come back on, but
once it heats up a bit, it cuts out again. This doesn't happen during
winter, so, it's probably a heat issue. Is there something I can do to
cool that sucker down???? Advice please!

Old January 21st 06, 11:06 PM posted to rec.audio.car

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> My amp tends to cut out, during summer months after some extended high
> volume listening. After about a 5 min wait, it will come back on, but
> once it heats up a bit, it cuts out again. This doesn't happen during
> winter, so, it's probably a heat issue. Is there something I can do to
> cool that sucker down???? Advice please!

Radio shack sell a 4" 12 brushless fan.

Old January 22nd 06, 01:38 AM posted to rec.audio.car

"e-nigma" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> My amp tends to cut out, during summer months after some extended high
>> volume listening. After about a 5 min wait, it will come back on, but
>> once it heats up a bit, it cuts out again. This doesn't happen during
>> winter, so, it's probably a heat issue. Is there something I can do to
>> cool that sucker down???? Advice please!

Radio shack sells a 4" 12 volt brushless fan.

Old January 22nd 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.audio.car

It would help to tell us what kind of car you have it in, and where it's
mounted.

Tony

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Clarion DRZ9255 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and Xenon X1200.1

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP Head Unit, Phoenix Gold Ti500.4 Amp, Focal 165HC
Speakers & Image Dynamics ID8 D4 v.3 Sub

Old January 22nd 06, 07:27 PM posted to rec.audio.car

You didn't mount it upside down did you? Put a fan on it and the heat
problem will be fixed. If not, yeah, the front bumper will cool it down.

Old January 22nd 06, 08:16 PM posted to rec.audio.car

haha, it's a 2005 Jeep Wrangler, so, I guess I could put it on the
winch!

obviously the fan is the answer.....

Thanks

Old January 22nd 06, 10:18 PM posted to rec.audio.car

Here we go with the upside down myth again. Another thing to look at besides a
fan and a front bumper install would be the gage of your wiring that you are
using and also check your ground connection.

Old January 24th 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.audio.car

> Mount the amp on the front bumper.

Wrong. Immerse it in liquid nitrogen. -273 degrees, that'll do it!!!

Old January 25th 06, 10:24 PM posted to rec.audio.car

Wrong.... Liquid nitrogen is conductive.

In article >, "MOSFET"
> wrote:
>> Mount the amp on the front bumper.
>>

>Wrong. Immerse it in liquid nitrogen. -273 degrees, that'll do it!!!

Alpine 9811 HU cutting out? PerxHardlyWorkin Car Audio 11 August 14th 04 12:03 AM
Classic records Vs. first pressings (Tube cutting amplifiers) maxdm High End Audio 93 June 22nd 04 11:52 PM
cutting out AL Car Audio 1 September 15th 03 03:47 AM
Two Amps Installed but One is cutting out Corwin Car Audio 9 August 4th 03 11:17 AM
Front speakers cutting out. Golden80 Car Audio 4 July 15th 03 03:19 AM