Rockford Fosgate amp HELP

Old January 13th 04, 05:18 AM
mk

Default Rockford Fosgate amp HELP

how well will a RF 1200 401s
push
two 12s RF HE 4 ohm

Old January 13th 04, 05:56 AM
Mark Zarella

> how well will a RF 1200 401s
> push
> two 12s RF HE 4 ohm

7

Old January 13th 04, 06:10 AM
Hank Kester

"Mark Zarella" > wrote in message
> > how well will a RF 1200 401s
> > push
> > two 12s RF HE 4 ohm

> 7

Mark left out the formula. What you do is:

(Watts RMS * 46,305)^Depth of the Moon + (Years since you were born - Years
old your car is) all divided by the gravimetric constant of the universe
(approximately pi over cake).

Then, if the answer is less than one...give up.

Otherwise, throw all this out and go listen to that sub and amp combo.

Old January 13th 04, 08:44 AM
mk

it was more of a power question..i thought some people here would like to be
helpful

Old January 13th 04, 03:10 PM
Gary Rodgers

"mk" > wrote in message
news | it was more of a power question..i thought some people here would like to
be
| helpful

www.rockfordfosgate.com is your friend.

But to answer the question.... the 12" HE optimal input is 200w RMS
2x12" HE in parallel gives you 400w RMS power handling at 2ohms
RF 401s puts out 400wRMS into 2 ohm.

From that information, you can draw your own conclusions :-)

Old January 13th 04, 03:15 PM
Gary Rodgers

"Gary Rodgers" > wrote in message
k.net...

| "mk" > wrote in message
| news | | it was more of a power question..i thought some people here would like
| be
| | helpful
| |
| |

| www.rockfordfosgate.com is your friend.
|
| But to answer the question.... the 12" HE optimal input is 200w RMS
| 2x12" HE in parallel gives you 400w RMS power handling at 2ohms
| RF 401s puts out 400wRMS into 2 ohm.
|
| From that information, you can draw your own conclusions :-)

And of course I shot my mouth off before looking carefully

The RF 401s puts out 200w x 2 rms into 2 ohms,
or
400w x 1 rms bridged into 4 ohms.

Old January 14th 04, 01:45 AM
fhlh002

goto rockfordfosgate.com and get the answer to your question.
Many in this group are weary of such a question, this is why you got the
replys you did.

FHLH