Sub Cutting Off

Old January 15th 08, 04:20 AM posted to rec.audio.car
jhornsbee1 via CarKB.com

Default Sub Cutting Off

Quick question... when i have my system turned up, the sub cuts off really
quick and then continues to play and will continue to do this if not turned
down... is this a power problem or does it have to do with the tuning of the
amp??

Old January 15th 08, 06:14 AM posted to rec.audio.car
Christopher \Torroid\ Ott

"jhornsbee1 via CarKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Quick question... when i have my system turned up, the sub cuts off really
> quick and then continues to play and will continue to do this if not
> turned
> down... is this a power problem or does it have to do with the tuning of
> the
> amp??

Is the amp really hot to touch? Could be "thermaling" off, or going into
overcurrent protection...

Try turning the gains down a little and see if it goes away.

Chris

Amp cutting out? [email protected] Car Audio 9 January 25th 06 10:24 PM
Why does my receiver keep cutting out? John Hayes Marketplace 2 November 27th 04 11:54 PM
Cutting wiremold Jay Levitt Pro Audio 20 October 24th 04 12:21 AM
Help! JL Audio AMP cutting out. Paul Car Audio 4 September 30th 04 05:13 PM
cutting out AL Car Audio 1 September 15th 03 03:47 AM