Posted to rec.audio.tech
gunnet

Default rca--XLR

Hello, I have tu build that starts with RCA connector and ends with XLR. the
manual of my amp show this scheme for unbalanced input:
http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/3569/xlr6fr.jpg

I have a microphone cable, with 2 conductor and one shield, but from what I
see form the scheme it's required just one, the positive. But my question
is: If I respect that scheme, I should sold the positive and the shield on
the rca connector, so the way of the cable is wrong because you know " the
way of the cable" should be toward the amplifier than to the sorgent. I hope
you understand, thank you.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
JANA

You want to use a shortcut way to go from a balanced source to an unbalanced
load from what I can understand.

Solder the negative or minus output of the mic to the shield. This goes to
the outer case or ground part of the RCA connector. The positive, or plus
side should then go to the centre conductor of the RCA connector.

--

JANA
_____

"gunnet" wrote in message
. ..
Hello, I have tu build that starts with RCA connector and ends with XLR. the
manual of my amp show this scheme for unbalanced input:
http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/3569/xlr6fr.jpg

I have a microphone cable, with 2 conductor and one shield, but from what I
see form the scheme it's required just one, the positive. But my question
is: If I respect that scheme, I should sold the positive and the shield on
the rca connector, so the way of the cable is wrong because you know " the
way of the cable" should be toward the amplifier than to the sorgent. I hope
you understand, thank you.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

gunnet wrote:
Hello, I have tu build that starts with RCA connector and ends with XLR. the
manual of my amp show this scheme for unbalanced input:
http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/3569/xlr6fr.jpg

I have a microphone cable, with 2 conductor and one shield, but from what I
see form the scheme it's required just one, the positive. But my question
is: If I respect that scheme, I should sold the positive and the shield on
the rca connector, so the way of the cable is wrong because you know " the
way of the cable" should be toward the amplifier than to the sorgent. I hope
you understand, thank you.

If you not modify the XLR connector, you must soler the wire that goes
to pin 3 of the XLR and the shield to the case of the RCA.
Wire that goes to pin 2 of the XLR goes to the center pin of the RCA.
The diagram you provided shows how to take a RCA cable, cut one end
off and wire a XLR connector to it.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger

"gunnet" wrote in message

Hello, I have tu build that starts with RCA connector and
ends with XLR. the manual of my amp show this scheme for
unbalanced input:
http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/3569/xlr6fr.jpg

I have a microphone cable, with 2 conductor and one
shield, but from what I see form the scheme it's required
just one, the positive. But my question is: If I respect
that scheme, I should sold the positive and the shield on
the rca connector, so the way of the cable is wrong
because you know " the way of the cable" should be toward
the amplifier than to the sorgent. I hope you understand,
thank you.

http://www.rane.com/note110.html

Posted to rec.audio.tech
gunnet

http://www.rane.com/note110.html
thank you to all

and thank you for the fantstic link, very usefull infos...