Posted to rec.audio.pro
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Harrison Series 10 - any experts ?

I'm attempting to fix a problem with the automation interface card that goes in
the Mac.

I've got my suspicions, since this seems to be a very common problem but I'd
like to hear from anyone with hands-on experience.

It seems that Harrison will only offer to relieve you of lots of money to fix it
( $5000 per card and not commensurate with the console's worth now) and won't
offer any support to maintenance techs.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Gareth Magennis Gareth Magennis is offline

"Eeyore" wrote in message
I'm attempting to fix a problem with the automation interface card that
goes in
the Mac.

I've got my suspicions, since this seems to be a very common problem but
I'd
like to hear from anyone with hands-on experience.

It seems that Harrison will only offer to relieve you of lots of money to
fix it
( $5000 per card and not commensurate with the console's worth now) and
won't
offer any support to maintenance techs.

Graham

Ask Mark at Funky Junk. +44(0)207 281 4478 He had a guy come in to refurb
one of these some time ago who seemed pretty au fait with it.

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Gareth Magennis wrote:

Ask Mark at Funky Junk.

He's asking me (indirectly) !

+44(0)207 281 4478 He had a guy come in to refurb
one of these some time ago who seemed pretty au fait with it.

He did ? Maybe the guy who's directly asking me ! He's provided Harrison support
here for some years but has no explicit digital skills.

Harrison support is very rare. The company's attitude (GLW) doesn't exactly
help. I've worked on them a bit as it happens but you kinda have to 'make it up
as you go'.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Gareth Magennis Gareth Magennis is offline

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Gareth Magennis wrote:

Ask Mark at Funky Junk.

He's asking me (indirectly) !

+44(0)207 281 4478 He had a guy come in to refurb
one of these some time ago who seemed pretty au fait with it.

He did ? Maybe the guy who's directly asking me ! He's provided Harrison
support
here for some years but has no explicit digital skills.

Harrison support is very rare. The company's attitude (GLW) doesn't
exactly
help. I've worked on them a bit as it happens but you kinda have to 'make
it up
as you go'.

Graham

I know. Mark had that desk for about 10 years before it finally got
finished .......

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Gareth Magennis Gareth Magennis is offline

Unless youre talking about the same desk which is still not finished

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Gareth Magennis wrote:

Unless youre talking about the same desk which is still not finished

I'm beginning to wonder.

Graham