Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

Default Do you guys ever discuss audio anymore?

In article
,
"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote:

On Feb 2, 11:14 am, Jenn wrote:
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

On Feb 1, 7:13 pm, Jenn wrote:

Between the 3 records: 2 little pops. Great finds.

A measure of how far Jenn's hearing has degraded.

lol Yet another troll.

I don't think it was a troll. I think GOIA heard *three* little pops,
all the way from Michigan.

That's pretty impressive!

They were both Living Stereo, I presume? I have the orginal Belafonte
on LS and the "Return" concert on a Mobile Fidelity CD. It's great
music.

Yes it is. I have the original Harry LS, on a less pristine copy. An
added attraction is that these three great sounding records in wonderful
condition set me back $12 total.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

Default duh-Scottie STILL hasn't learned what hypocrisy is

Jenn said to Witlessmongrel:

Substitute "Arny" for "George and the other ridiculers" and you have
your actions. I don't know why you can't see that.

I think you do. Know why, that is. But you're too polite to say it out
loud.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
joe cipale joe cipale is offline

On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 09:56 -0800, Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!
wrote:
On Feb 2, 11:14 am, Jenn wrote:
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

On Feb 1, 7:13 pm, Jenn wrote:

Between the 3 records: 2 little pops. Great finds.

A measure of how far Jenn's hearing has degraded.

lol Yet another troll.

I don't think it was a troll. I think GOIA heard *three* little pops,
all the way from Michigan.

That's pretty impressive!

They were both Living Stereo, I presume? I have the orginal Belafonte
on LS and the "Return" concert on a Mobile Fidelity CD. It's great
music.

Mobile Fidelity... Haven't heard that label mentioned in quite some
time. I had a number of recordings from them years ago. Including a Dave
Grusin and several Lincoln Mayorga (w/Amanda McBroom IIRC). Sadly let
them go to help pay for college a few years ago.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

wrote:
On Feb 2, 11:14 am, Jenn wrote:
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

On Feb 1, 7:13 pm, Jenn wrote:

Between the 3 records: 2 little pops. Great finds.

A measure of how far Jenn's hearing has degraded.

lol Yet another troll.

I don't think it was a troll. I think GOIA heard *three* little pops,
all the way from Michigan.

That's pretty impressive!

They were both Living Stereo, I presume? I have the orginal Belafonte
on LS and the "Return" concert on a Mobile Fidelity CD. It's great
music.

Mobile Fidelity... Haven't heard that label mentioned in quite some
time. I had a number of recordings from them years ago. Including a Dave
Grusin and several Lincoln Mayorga (w/Amanda McBroom IIRC). Sadly let
them go to help pay for college a few years ago.

You mean Sheffield Labs, don't you?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"ScottW" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

"ScottW" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message
.
net
In article
,
ScottW wrote:

On Feb 1, 5:23 pm, Jenn wrote:
On Feb 1, 2:05 pm, George M. Middius cmndr _ george @ comcast . net
wrote:

Witless, you're lagging behind the curve of third-graders.

More posturing from RAO's wannabe-Krooger.

BTW Arny please keep quiet. Yes I know all amplifiers sound
the
same, CD is
perfect and the World's best CD player is the Sony CDP101
and
I'm
a kook for
playing vinyl and your opinion of me is very low ;-)
Sigh............

Sure...what would you like to discuss?
I'm open to vinyl, TT, arm cart discussions.

Whatever you try to "discuss" with Witlessmongrel, be warned --
one
of two
outcomes will befall you. The first possibility is that within
few
posts, you'll find you're "discussing" with a moron (or
imbecile,
as
another RAO regular calls him). The second is you'll run into
one
of
Scottie's many hangups about "tests" and "morality".

Either way, you'll get disgusted. I advise you not to go down
this
path.

Fine example of overt suppression of audio discussion.

The other day you complained about people starting "attack threads"
with
your name in the subject. This is what regular people understand as
hypocrisy.

Arny has done the same thing: Ranted about having an "attack thread"
with his name in it. He hated that, until he started an attack thread
with my name in it.

That's really good Jenn. George really loves
these little Arny tidbits that imply there is
nothing wrong his BS.
You are a bird with his feathers.

ScottW

lol Thanks for your opinion.

So let's sort this out: You believe that because I don't spend my time
chastising George, I am a bird with his feathers,

No...it's how you've become more than half consumed by Arny.
Actually Arny did the same thing....
Giving Arny exactly what he wants, making this group all
about Arny and little else.

Funny, based on the number of posts, your "conversation" with Shhhh
seems to win the day.

Crying when Arny snots

Crying? Most would refer to it as "defending oneself".

I call it swallowing his wad.

Well, to each his own.

you while George and the other
ridiculers get free reign and overtly disdaining audio
to run off anyone who isn't
stubborn enough to endure the crap or buckle under to his
way of thinking on Arny....like you.

Substitute "Arny" for "George and the other ridiculers" and you have
your actions. I don't know why you can't see that.

How about Arny & George....except Arny does present an audio
viewpoint at times with his ridicule. George rarely does.

I agree.

Look at this....sssshhhhtard won't even reveal his system
cuz he doesn't want the ridicule.
How f'd up is that? Who's going to ridicule it? Arny.
Why is he afraid of what Arny will say?
F' if I know...but his acceptance and promotion
of ridicule with no civility of behavior has turned this
dump into the Island (LotF), so he is not without
some responsibility...just as you bear your burden
wether you admit it or not.

and my actions with
Arny imply there is nothing wrong with George's actions.

Based on that, you are a bird with Arny's feathers, and your actions
with Shhhh imply there is nothing wrong with Arny's actions.

Wonderful rationalization....you obviously need one to justify
yourself.

It's a perfectly logical comparison.

For a spineless person whose moral standards are built on
the backs of others behavior.
Sorry I drag you down.

lol

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:
On Feb 2, 11:14 am, Jenn wrote:
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

On Feb 1, 7:13 pm, Jenn wrote:

Between the 3 records: 2 little pops. Great finds.

A measure of how far Jenn's hearing has degraded.

lol Yet another troll.

I don't think it was a troll. I think GOIA heard *three* little pops,
all the way from Michigan.

That's pretty impressive!

They were both Living Stereo, I presume? I have the orginal Belafonte
on LS and the "Return" concert on a Mobile Fidelity CD. It's great
music.

Mobile Fidelity... Haven't heard that label mentioned in quite some
time. I had a number of recordings from them years ago. Including a Dave
Grusin and several Lincoln Mayorga (w/Amanda McBroom IIRC). Sadly let
them go to help pay for college a few years ago.

You mean Sheffield Labs, don't you?

YES! Thank you Jenn.

Long-lost titles I once had and would kill to recover:
Harry James: Still Harry After All These Years, Coming From A Good
Place.
Amanda McBroom: Growing Up in Hollywood Town
Thelma Houston: I've got the music in me
Lincoln Mayorga: The Missing Linc
Dave Grusin: Discovered Again

Thanks for the refresher and the trip down memory lane. TIme to check
out eBay as I doubt any of these titles would be found in a used record
store here in PDX.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"ScottW" wrote:

Based on that, you are a bird with Arny's feathers, and your actions
with Shhhh imply there is nothing wrong with Arny's actions.

Wonderful rationalization....you obviously need one to justify
yourself.

It's a perfectly logical comparison.

For a spineless person whose moral standards are built on
the backs of others behavior.
Sorry I drag you down.

lol

Hey, so far your only justification for yourself is
I'm just as bad or worse.

No, you don't get it yet.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

joe cipale wrote:

On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 09:56 -0800, Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!
wrote:
On Feb 2, 11:14 am, Jenn wrote:
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

On Feb 1, 7:13 pm, Jenn
wrote:

[...]

Great records. Ebay can be a great source, but there are others. Just
search on The Google. You might also try a call to Stereo Unlimited in
San Diego. They have A LOT of those records at decent prices. I don't
know if they do mail order, but it might be worth a try!

Have fun!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

joe cipale wrote:

On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 09:56 -0800, Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!
wrote:
On Feb 2, 11:14 am, Jenn wrote:
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

On Feb 1, 7:13 pm, Jenn
wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the pointers. I will have to give them a look see.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Feb 2, 1:13*pm, Jenn wrote:

No, you don't get it yet.

And he never will.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Feb 2, 12:31*pm, "ScottW" wrote:

For a spineless person whose moral standards are built on
the backs of others behavior.

I thought we'd been through this, 2pid. Do you realize how hilarious
it is when you pull the 'integrity' card? LOL!

Sorry I drag you down.

You don't drag anybody "down", 2pid. You're just a drag.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Jenn said:

Hey, so far your only justification for yourself is
I'm just as bad or worse.

No, you don't get it yet.

I have to agree with Scottie here. You are fully aware of his learning
disabilities, his reading comprehension problem, his Asperger's, and his
low IQ. How can you reasonably expect Scottie to learn something like this
after a mere 20 or so repetitions? Your expectations for Scottie's
performance metrics are way out of line, Jenn.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Feb 2, 12:56 pm, joe cipale wrote:
On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 18:44 +0000, Jenn wrote:

You mean Sheffield Labs, don't you?

YES! Thank you Jenn.

Long-lost titles I once had and would kill to recover:
Harry James: Still Harry After All These Years, Coming From A Good
Place.

I have King James Version and a Prokofiev/Leinsdorf from Sheffield.
Their catalog was a bit thin IMO, but they do sound good.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article
,
"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote:

On Feb 2, 12:56 pm, joe cipale wrote:
On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 18:44 +0000, Jenn wrote:

You mean Sheffield Labs, don't you?

YES! Thank you Jenn.

Long-lost titles I once had and would kill to recover:
Harry James: Still Harry After All These Years, Coming From A Good
Place.

I have King James Version and a Prokofiev/Leinsdorf from Sheffield.
Their catalog was a bit thin IMO, but they do sound good.

A friend of mine played clarinet and contracted "Growing Up in Hollywood
Town". He said that all involved (Mayorga, Sax, et al) were great folks.

Yes, their catalogue was limited (they were a very small company located
in Santa Barbara), but they made GREAT sounding records, IMO. The only
one I never warmed up to was the set recorded in Russia.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
TT TT is offline

"Bret Ludwig" wrote in message
On Feb 1, 1:20 pm, ScottW wrote:
On Feb 1, 5:18 am, "TT" wrote:

Header says it all!

Please note: There are some people in the World that really have very
little
interest in US internal politics.

BTW Arny please keep quiet. Yes I know all amplifiers sound the same,
CD is
perfect and the World's best CD player is the Sony CDP101 and I'm a
kook for
playing vinyl and your opinion of me is very low ;-) Sigh............

Sure...what would you like to discuss?
I'm open to vinyl, TT, arm cart discussions.
While my rig isn't SOTA in many's view I find it does the job well
enough to my ears.
It's a Mitsu LT-30 (please don't confuse it with the LT-5, a very
different beast) with AT OC9 cart.

I tend to junk direct drive Japanese turntables when I get them in
piles of auction and store buyouts. As far as I am concerned, what
works is a three point suspended subchassis belt drive with an AC
synchronous motor.

Now this has sparked my interest ;-) May I ask why you dislike *all*
Japanese DD turntables?

I personally use Technics SL1200 MK2s (I have three and I'm not a DJ) 1
totally standard, 1 I have modified the wiring on to be balanced XLR cable
and painted pretty and the third is an ongoing project where I am fitting my
own design and constructed 450mm tone arm and gimbal. Then, if I am a good
enough machinist I will attempt a tangential design I am formulating.

IMHO the SL1200 is an excellent value for money machine, with excellent
performance. The plinth is well damped and the motor speed is always exact
although the tone arm and especially the gimbal could be better (hence my
project).

So Brett what do you do with all this "junk" you collect?

Regards TT

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
TT TT is offline

"joe cipale" wrote in message

Lincoln Mayorga: The Missing Linc

Hi Joe, was that volume 1, 2 or 3? I have 2 & 3 and 2 is currently the most
expensive LP I have ever bought. Last year for a new, sealed and unplayed
copy I paid US$125 + freight to Australia. BTW that was beating them down a
lot as well ;-) 2 is very well sort after and is very difficult to find so
the moral to the story would, hang on to your old stuff :-)

These direct to disc recordings fascinate me how they are done and what they
sound like. It is shame there is a little bit too much surface noise on
each :-( The joys of vinyl I am afraid.

Cheers TT

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
TT TT is offline

"bassett" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"TT" wrote in message

Header says it all!

It's all about posts like this one of yours:

BTW Arny please keep quiet. Yes I know all amplifiers
sound the same, CD is perfect and the World's best CD
player is the Sony CDP101 and I'm a kook for playing
vinyl and your opinion of me is very low ;-)

That attitude got RAO where it is. Stop whining about the consequences of
behavior that you cherish.

And like a Rat up a Drainpipe, up he popped. All so bloody predictable
Pathetic really, but then we can't really expect much else.

bassett

Look at the time it took too - 16 minutes!

Cheers TT

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[...]

I generally resell it through means I don't want to get into here but
which are legal and honest. Yes, I do eBay some of it.

However in the last few years my activity has dropped off
tremendously. In my area the last of the old stores and repair shops
have been finally cleaned out with one or two exceptions of hoarders
who are old and will die. When they do I have their kids' names and
contact information.

The SL1200 is a good DJ table. I can resell every one I get and then
some. What I wind up getting are the ones that people don't
particularly want. I'd rather junk them than make the odd buck and
have to fart around with them when they are not a benefit to anyone.

I don't think a lot of the SL1200 for serious listening.

I do hear this a lot :-(

I like belt drive tables a lot better.

IMHO it has more to do with manufactures not wishing to pay Panasonic the
royalties to use their DD system and then discrediting it. *IF* Linn or
Gerard came out with the same ststem would there still be this perception?

With an AC motor one only has to get the diameters of the pulleys right.

And then overcome the problems of belt slip, stretch and slow start/stop ;-)

Regards TT

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Alan Rutlidge Alan Rutlidge is offline

"TT" wrote in message

"joe cipale" wrote in message

Lincoln Mayorga: The Missing Linc

Hi Joe, was that volume 1, 2 or 3? I have 2 & 3 and 2 is currently the
most expensive LP I have ever bought. Last year for a new, sealed and
unplayed copy I paid US$125 + freight to Australia. BTW that was beating
them down a lot as well ;-) 2 is very well sort after and is very
difficult to find so the moral to the story would, hang on to your old
stuff :-)

These direct to disc recordings fascinate me how they are done and what
they sound like. It is shame there is a little bit too much surface noise
on each :-( The joys of vinyl I am afraid.

Cheers TT

A relatively recent direct to disc recording is "Carlotta and Friends - Live
in Studio" on the cna:music label. I have seen a few LPs appear for sale
on the Internet with the CD chucked in. Being a relatively new recording
(1999), one might hope the cutting is top notch and the vinyl pressed to a
modern high standard.

I have the same but only in XRCD2. Great demo disc. Not just technically
brilliant, fantastic dynamics and the artistry of the performers is pretty
darn good too. :-)

Cheers,
Alan

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Alan Rutlidge" wrote in message

"TT" wrote in message

"joe cipale" wrote in message

[...]

Ooops. A typo error. Should read "Friends of Carlotta".

Cheers,
Alan

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Feb 2, 9:45*pm, "TT" wrote:

And then overcome the problems of belt slip, stretch and slow start/stop ;-)

Somebody better tell those Thorens TD-124 and Garrard 301 fans. Then
maybe the price on those "terrible" idler wheel drive TTs will come
down to DD levels. :-)
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

joe cipale wrote:

On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 09:56 -0800, Shhhh! I'm Listening
to Reason! wrote:
On Feb 2, 11:14 am, Jenn
wrote:
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

On Feb 1, 7:13 pm, Jenn
wrote:

Between the 3 records: 2 little pops. Great finds.

A measure of how far Jenn's hearing has degraded.

lol Yet another troll.

I don't think it was a troll. I think GOIA heard
*three* little pops, all the way from Michigan.

That's pretty impressive!

They were both Living Stereo, I presume? I have the
orginal Belafonte on LS and the "Return" concert on a
Mobile Fidelity CD. It's great music.

Mobile Fidelity... Haven't heard that label mentioned
in quite some time. I had a number of recordings from
them years ago. Including a Dave Grusin and several
Lincoln Mayorga (w/Amanda McBroom IIRC). Sadly let them
go to help pay for college a few years ago.

You mean Sheffield Labs, don't you?

YES! Thank you Jenn.

Long-lost titles I once had and would kill to recover:
Harry James: Still Harry After All These Years, Coming
From A Good Place.
Amanda McBroom: Growing Up in Hollywood Town
Thelma Houston: I've got the music in me
Lincoln Mayorga: The Missing Linc
Dave Grusin: Discovered Again

Thanks for the refresher and the trip down memory lane.
TIme to check out eBay as I doubt any of these titles
would be found in a used record store here in PDX.

The CD versions sound better, and are generally easy to find.

Now you have to figure out whether its the music you like, or the ritual of
playing vinyl.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
TT TT is offline

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

Now you have to figure out whether its the music you like, or the ritual
of playing vinyl.

It is possible to have both. I'm assuming that you would not even consider
that possibilty.

TT

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
joe cipale joe cipale is offline

On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 11:56 -0800, Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!
wrote:
On Feb 2, 12:56 pm, joe cipale wrote:
On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 18:44 +0000, Jenn wrote:

You mean Sheffield Labs, don't you?

YES! Thank you Jenn.

Long-lost titles I once had and would kill to recover:
Harry James: Still Harry After All These Years, Coming From A Good
Place.

I have King James Version and a Prokofiev/Leinsdorf from Sheffield.
Their catalog was a bit thin IMO, but they do sound good.

the King James release went out of print before I could buy a copy.
This was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY before the days of CL and/or eBay,
(1979).

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Sun, 2008-02-03 at 09:06 +0900, TT wrote:
"joe cipale" wrote in message

Lincoln Mayorga: The Missing Linc

Hi Joe, was that volume 1, 2 or 3? I have 2 & 3 and 2 is currently the most
expensive LP I have ever bought. Last year for a new, sealed and unplayed
copy I paid US$125 + freight to Australia. BTW that was beating them down a
lot as well ;-) 2 is very well sort after and is very difficult to find so
the moral to the story would, hang on to your old stuff :-)

These direct to disc recordings fascinate me how they are done and what they
sound like. It is shame there is a little bit too much surface noise on
each :-( The joys of vinyl I am afraid.

Cheers TT

I had all three at one time. I paid $35.00/LP at the time. My (new) wife
(same as my current wife) couldn't understand why I would spend so much
on one record. I told her it was better I spend it on records and
electronics then on bars and alcohol. Now she complains about the number
of bikes I own. Ya just cant please em... =)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

joe cipale wrote:

On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 09:56 -0800, Shhhh! I'm Listening
to Reason! wrote:
On Feb 2, 11:14 am, Jenn
wrote:
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

On Feb 1, 7:13 pm, Jenn
wrote:

Between the 3 records: 2 little pops. Great finds.

A measure of how far Jenn's hearing has degraded.

lol Yet another troll.

I don't think it was a troll. I think GOIA heard
*three* little pops, all the way from Michigan.

That's pretty impressive!

They were both Living Stereo, I presume? I have the
orginal Belafonte on LS and the "Return" concert on a
Mobile Fidelity CD. It's great music.

Mobile Fidelity... Haven't heard that label mentioned
in quite some time. I had a number of recordings from
them years ago. Including a Dave Grusin and several
Lincoln Mayorga (w/Amanda McBroom IIRC). Sadly let them
go to help pay for college a few years ago.

You mean Sheffield Labs, don't you?

YES! Thank you Jenn.

Long-lost titles I once had and would kill to recover:
Harry James: Still Harry After All These Years, Coming
From A Good Place.
Amanda McBroom: Growing Up in Hollywood Town
Thelma Houston: I've got the music in me
Lincoln Mayorga: The Missing Linc
Dave Grusin: Discovered Again

Thanks for the refresher and the trip down memory lane.
TIme to check out eBay as I doubt any of these titles
would be found in a used record store here in PDX.

The CD versions sound better, and are generally easy to find.

Now you have to figure out whether its the music you like, or the ritual of
playing vinyl.

I disagree. The Sheffield LPs that I have are fantastic records.
"Hollywood Town" and the Leinsdorf LA Phil sessions (one of Prokofiev,
one of Stravinsky/Debussy and one of Wagner) are among the best sounding
sources I've ever heard outside of live. I was never impressed with the
CDs. There's one exception, IMO: The Russian sessions sound pretty
much alike to me on both media, and neither are among my favorites.

Your mileage may vary, of course, and folks should listen to the media
that brings the experience of the music in the most satisfying way to
THEM.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Jenn said:

The CD versions sound better

I disagree.

Irrelavant™. The Krooborg has already-factuated the well-known true-fact
that the CD sounds better to all listeners on all equipment in all rooms.
Thnak's Jennn for, admittong Jneen that your out-of-touch with the
grate-majority on this-issue Jen.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"TT" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

Now you have to figure out whether its the music you
like, or the ritual of playing vinyl.

It is possible to have both. I'm assuming that you would
not even consider that possibilty.

Why transcribe an LP, when you already have the CD?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Jenn" wrote in
message

joe cipale wrote:

On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 09:56 -0800, Shhhh! I'm
Listening to Reason! wrote:
On Feb 2, 11:14 am, Jenn
wrote:
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

On Feb 1, 7:13 pm, Jenn
wrote:

[...]

From A Good Place.
Amanda McBroom: Growing Up in Hollywood Town
Thelma Houston: I've got the music in me
Lincoln Mayorga: The Missing Linc
Dave Grusin: Discovered Again

Thanks for the refresher and the trip down memory lane.
TIme to check out eBay as I doubt any of these titles
would be found in a used record store here in PDX.

The CD versions sound better, and are generally easy to
find.

Now you have to figure out whether its the music you
like, or the ritual of playing vinyl.

I disagree.

Of course.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Sun, 2008-02-03 at 14:18 -0500, Arny Krueger wrote:
"TT" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

Now you have to figure out whether its the music you
like, or the ritual of playing vinyl.

It is possible to have both. I'm assuming that you would
not even consider that possibilty.

Why transcribe an LP, when you already have the CD?

For some reason... duping a CD from a Sund-to-vinyl source seems to me
no better then the current poor-quality CDs that are being manufactured
already.

Of course... I already assume your mileage is varied.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

joe cipale wrote:

On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 09:56 -0800, Shhhh! I'm
Listening to Reason! wrote:
On Feb 2, 11:14 am, Jenn
wrote:
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

On Feb 1, 7:13 pm, Jenn
wrote:

[...]

From A Good Place.
Amanda McBroom: Growing Up in Hollywood Town
Thelma Houston: I've got the music in me
Lincoln Mayorga: The Missing Linc
Dave Grusin: Discovered Again

Thanks for the refresher and the trip down memory lane.
TIme to check out eBay as I doubt any of these titles
would be found in a used record store here in PDX.

The CD versions sound better, and are generally easy to
find.

Now you have to figure out whether its the music you
like, or the ritual of playing vinyl.

I disagree.

Of course.

Sure of course, because I like the sound of the SL LPs more than I like
the sound of their CDs.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"TT" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

Now you have to figure out whether its the music you
like, or the ritual of playing vinyl.

It is possible to have both. I'm assuming that you
would not even consider that possibilty.

Why transcribe an LP, when you already have the CD?

For some reason... duping a CD from a Sund-to-vinyl
source seems to me no better then the current
poor-quality CDs that are being manufactured already.

You make it sound like all currently-manufactured CDs have quality problems.
Of course they don't.

I understand rabid vinyl bigots saying such things over and over again,
because after all they will tell any lie in the interest of forcing vinyl
down our throats.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article
, "Arny

joe cipale wrote:

On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 09:56 -0800, Shhhh! I'm
Listening to Reason! wrote:
On Feb 2, 11:14 am, Jenn
wrote:
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

On Feb 1, 7:13 pm, Jenn
wrote:

[...]

From A Good Place.
Amanda McBroom: Growing Up in Hollywood Town
Thelma Houston: I've got the music in me
Lincoln Mayorga: The Missing Linc
Dave Grusin: Discovered Again

Thanks for the refresher and the trip down memory
lane. TIme to check out eBay as I doubt any of these
titles would be found in a used record store here in
PDX.

The CD versions sound better, and are generally easy to
find.

Now you have to figure out whether its the music you
like, or the ritual of playing vinyl.

I disagree.

Of course.

Sure of course, because I like the sound of the SL LPs
more than I like the sound of their CDs.

Of course.

For grins Jenn, you should try manifesting some behavior that can't be
predicted with such perfect accuracy as this.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in
message
.
net
In article
, "Arny

joe cipale wrote:

On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 09:56 -0800, Shhhh! I'm
Listening to Reason! wrote:
On Feb 2, 11:14 am, Jenn
wrote:
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

On Feb 1, 7:13 pm, Jenn
wrote:

[...]

From A Good Place.
Amanda McBroom: Growing Up in Hollywood Town
Thelma Houston: I've got the music in me
Lincoln Mayorga: The Missing Linc
Dave Grusin: Discovered Again

Thanks for the refresher and the trip down memory
lane. TIme to check out eBay as I doubt any of these
titles would be found in a used record store here in
PDX.

The CD versions sound better, and are generally easy to
find.

Now you have to figure out whether its the music you
like, or the ritual of playing vinyl.

I disagree.

Of course.

Sure of course, because I like the sound of the SL LPs
more than I like the sound of their CDs.

Of course.

For grins Jenn, you should try manifesting some behavior that can't be
predicted with such perfect accuracy as this.

Well, thanks for your highly valued opinion. Had the subject been
Columbia LPs of the 70s and 80s vs. their CD counterparts, my opinion
would have been different.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

The Krooborg is ba-a-a-ack from chu-u-u-u-urch!

You make it sound like all currently-manufactured CDs have quality problems.

Don't be silly, Turdy. CDs have always been a boon to consumers compared
to the media available in the past. Aside from the stupid decisions made
by many people who do the mastering, the only lingering problem CDs suffer
from is their hypnotic effect on the 'borg colonies. Saying "digital" to a
music-hating 'borg like yourself is tantamount to dropping turds into a
meadow full of flies.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
TT TT is offline

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
:
: For grins Jenn, you should try manifesting some behavior
that can't be
: predicted with such perfect accuracy as this.
:
Whhhhhaaaaaaaatttt!!!!! If Pavlov had you there would have
been no need to use dogs! You are the most predictable
person on the planet.

CD (ring). Digital (ring). Vinyl (ring). ABX(ring). Like
a flash Arny you're there - *everytime*. Predictable just
doesn't describe your behaviour well enough. Applying
Newtons 3rd law would be more apt ;-) Every statement about
vinyl or CD/digital requires an equal and opposite reaction
;-)

TT

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 3 Feb, 11:11, Jenn wrote:

*joe cipale wrote:

On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 09:56 -0800, Shhhh! I'm Listening
to Reason! wrote:
On Feb 2, 11:14 am, Jenn
wrote:
*"Arny Krueger" wrote:

On Feb 1, 7:13 pm, Jenn
wrote:

Between the 3 records: 2 little pops. *Great finds.

A measure of how far Jenn's hearing has degraded.

lol Yet another troll.

I don't think it was a troll. I think GOIA heard
*three* little pops, all the way from Michigan.

That's pretty impressive!

They were both Living Stereo, I presume? I have the
orginal Belafonte on LS and the "Return" concert on a
Mobile Fidelity CD. It's great music.

Mobile Fidelity... Haven't heard that label mentioned
in quite some time. I had a number of recordings from
them years ago. Including a Dave Grusin and several
Lincoln Mayorga (w/Amanda McBroom IIRC). Sadly let them
go to help pay for college a few years ago.

You mean Sheffield Labs, don't you?

YES! Thank you Jenn.

Long-lost titles I once had and would kill to recover:
Harry James: Still Harry After All These Years, Coming
From A Good Place.
[...]

THEM.- Ascunde citatul -

I never thought all that much of the Leinsdorf Sheffields,
both in performance and sound quality.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On 3 Feb, 14:18, "Arny Krueger" wrote:

Why transcribe an LP, when you already have the CD?

Why transcribe an LP when you already have the LP.
other than to play it in your car or PC.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On 3 Feb, 16:45, "Arny Krueger" wrote:

You make it sound like all currently-manufactured CDs have quality problems.
Of course they don't.

other than thay are cd's, they have no quality problems

*I understand rabid vinyl bigots saying such things over and over again,
because after all they will tell any lie in the interest of forcing vinyl
down our throats.-

Just who is forcing vinyl down your throat?
How is thsi happening?
Is your wife force feeding you pieces of plastic with yourt breakfast?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On 3 Feb, 16:47, "Arny Krueger" wrote:

For grins Jenn, you should try manifesting some behavior that can't be
predicted with such perfect accuracy as this

I love you, Arny.
Happy now?-

-