George Gilder

Default Tandberg 6000x

Anyone know of a place to fix this oldtimer
tapedeck? Last year worked great but when I
plugged it in last week, a handful of granular stuff jammed the innards. My
guess this is the remains of "a brake", or cork cushion etc. The deck is
full of wow and flutter.

I spent the evening cleaning it out and it leaves me to believe that good
news is that the
problem is pure mechanical.

I have the manual but that leaves a lot to be desired. I have two versions
of the older tube model 6 and the manual is written like a DIY
journal.

George

Olafur Gunnlaugsson

"George Gilder" wrote in message ...
Anyone know of a place to fix this oldtimer
tapedeck? Last year worked great but when I
plugged it in last week, a handful of granular stuff jammed the innards. My
guess this is the remains of "a brake", or cork cushion etc. The deck is
full of wow and flutter.

I spent the evening cleaning it out and it leaves me to believe that good
news is that the
problem is pure mechanical.

I have the manual but that leaves a lot to be desired. I have two versions
of the older tube model 6 and the manual is written like a DIY
journal.

In the EU try
http://www.dalens.no/elektronikk/index.htm

In the Americas try :
http://www.approvedaudioservice.com/

Soundsmith used to service Tandberg products in the US but I have not
been able to reach their home page for some time

We can look at it for you. I have the material to repair the clutches.
The clutch material is what you found in the unit.

ABL Electronic Service
32E 14 Mile Rd
Madison Hts Mi 48071
V=248-588-6663
F=248-588-5444
www.ablserv.com

On 18 Feb 2004 17:18:59 GMT, "George Gilder"
wrote:

Anyone know of a place to fix this oldtimer
tapedeck? Last year worked great but when I
plugged it in last week, a handful of granular stuff jammed the innards. My
guess this is the remains of "a brake", or cork cushion etc. The deck is
full of wow and flutter.

I spent the evening cleaning it out and it leaves me to believe that good
news is that the
problem is pure mechanical.

I have the manual but that leaves a lot to be desired. I have two versions
of the older tube model 6 and the manual is written like a DIY
journal.

George

Revox Agora B. Tri-amped Speakers. Any opinions? RLS Audio Opinions 3 July 7th 04 12:36 PM
Tandberg 1040P manual Jussi General 0 June 8th 04 10:56 AM
Tandberg TR 2040 CCSman Audio Opinions 0 September 24th 03 02:42 AM
Does anyone have any information about Tandberg parts for a 3001 tuner? Shetland Sheepdog High End Audio 1 August 26th 03 06:39 AM
help! need Tandberg or Revox power cord CRD General 0 July 3rd 03 02:45 PM