Posted to rec.audio.pro
cocking my lovegun cocking my lovegun is offline

Default Gibson Les Paul Chinese copy

What's the go with the Gibsons Les pauls on Ebay from China. Of course
they are fake, there is no need to debate that but, i have been told
that they were originally made in the Epiphone factory then someone
puts the Gibson headstock on after. I dont know if that's true because
they also sell Kramer and Fender copies. Does anyone know exactly where

these fakes originate from?. I've actually played one of these copy's
and it plays beautifully and looks damn good to. Going on the one i
saw.. it was definately value for money... that's if Gibson doesn't sue

ya!

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Kane Scott Kane is offline

"cocking my lovegun" wrote in message
oups.com...

What's the go with the Gibsons Les pauls on Ebay from China. Of course
they are fake, there is no need to debate that but, i have been told
that they were originally made in the Epiphone factory then someone
puts the Gibson headstock on after. I dont know if that's true because
they also sell Kramer and Fender copies. Does anyone know exactly where

these fakes originate from?. I've actually played one of these copy's
and it plays beautifully and looks damn good to. Going on the one i
saw.. it was definately value for money... that's if Gibson doesn't sue

Can't say about this one - but I have a Profile Les Paul (Japanese I
believe) that I bought in 1984. It's a dead ringer for the real thing.
Even the pickups. I seem to remember that Gibson took Profile to task and
succeeded in getting their way.

Scott

"Custom" production: fancy bicycles and the margins on Chinese amps Andre Jute Vacuum Tubes 19 June 28th 06 06:07 PM
Roland sues Behringer Ben Hanson Pro Audio 173 August 11th 05 12:00 AM
Chinese study notyp Vacuum Tubes 1 May 8th 05 06:34 AM
FA: Gibson LP-12 "Les Paul" Model Guitar Amplifier - Vintage 1970-71 David Morgan \(MAMS\) Pro Audio 14 December 22nd 04 02:28 AM
FA: Gibson LP-12 "Les Paul" Model Guitar AMP - Vintage 1970-71 David Morgan \(MAMS\) Marketplace 0 December 20th 04 12:32 AM