Paul Hersh

Default Firewire & notebooks/laptops

Can anyone tell me if there is a performance difference between a
laptop with built-in firewire support and an add-on PC card Firewire
800. The laptops I'm looking at do not have built-in Firewire but the
PC-card alternative seems a good one. Correct?

Thanks,

Paul

Laurence Payne wrote in message . ..
On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 16:10:59 +0100, (Gerald)
wrote:

He was talking about firewire support which is in standard (and most
often firewire 800) on all macs and is, therefore, no matter of question
on this side of the laptop world.

And is barely one in the Windows world either. In fact, I'm quite
surprised he found a machine without Firewire.

Concerning quality audio in/out, it is provided as standard on the
powerbook line, but, as already proposed here, I am very satisfied of my
M-Audio Firewire 410 with my PowerBook.

Well, depends what you call "quality audio", particularly a
low-latency system for recordists.