Lim Saw Hoon

Default How to tune a power amp?

Thanks for your advise. It seems like tuning the sub is much easier than
tuning the amp for front speakers.

"SmilingSinner" wrote in message
you can either run your crossovers off your hu or amps if your hu has them
so set your crossovers at like 80 high and low for start
then put all the faders sound into the front speakers turn the gain on

your
amp to them almost off- turn your speakers way up as loud as you can

clean-
now increase the gain slowly to them until you get to distortion then back
off the volume a bit and leave your gain set there

on the sub assuming you are within safe power range to it what I do is

turn
on some good dynamic music or a sampler disc and adjust the gain till it
fills in the void for my speakers and fills the car with bass to my taste

the tuning such as bass emphasis treble accentuation and soundstage

effects
are a matter of taste and pref. but you should make sure the gain is

correct
for your speakers. hope this helps
"Lim Saw Hoon" wrote in message
Originally, i have one power amp (50W X 4) to drive my front and rear
speakers and one (50W X 2) which was briged to drive my 10" tube

subwoofer.
Not too satisfied with the bass which i could not hear at low volume, i
changed the power amp to 150W X 2 bridged and changed the tube sub to

15"
sub in a customised box.
Now, i am quite satisfied with the bass at ALL volumes!!
The problem is, i did not tune anything in the new power amp. The volume

and
crossover knob are at factory preset, i.e., at the center. Can anyone

please
advise me how to fully maximise my new power amp and new sub? Do i need

tune the other power amp which drive the front and rear speakers too?
Thanks.

Lim Saw Hoon

You are spot on. Actually i love the way it sounds now. But you know, i did
not perspire changing the sub amp and the new sub. So i thought something
must be wrong. I saw my installer spent a lot of time tuning the amps for my
front and sub. So i guess i gotta tune my sub amp too. Right now, they are
at factory settings and it sounds great. The question is, can they sound
better? How can i know if the sub amp can sounds better?
Thanks.

"Daniel Snooks" wrote in message
.. .
Lim Saw Hoon wrote
Originally, i have one power amp (50W X 4) to drive my front and rear
speakers and one (50W X 2) which was briged to drive my 10" tube

subwoofer.
Not too satisfied with the bass which i could not hear at low volume, i
changed the power amp to 150W X 2 bridged and changed the tube sub to

15"
sub in a customised box.
Now, i am quite satisfied with the bass at ALL volumes!!
The problem is, i did not tune anything in the new power amp. The volume

and
crossover knob are at factory preset, i.e., at the center. Can anyone

please
advise me how to fully maximise my new power amp and new sub? Do i need

tune the other power amp which drive the front and rear speakers too?
Thanks.

So, if I read this right, you are satisfied with the results of your
"upgrade". Why do you think you NEED to tune anything? If you like the way
it sounds, by all means leave it alone.

If I am wrong, let us know what you feel is "wrong" with the way the

system
sounds and we will try to help you solve it.

--
Regards,
Dan Snooks