Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Justin Ulysses Morse

Default taking the jump

One option is to make friends with somebody who's going broke running
an indie studio. Help out with maintenance, and then find them some
paying clients. My standing offer to would-be interns is: You bring
us the gig, and you get to assist. In the meantime, help me move this
junk around while I tell you some stories about recording and show you
what an Altec M11 looks like.

ulysses

In article , tirrell
payton wrote:

After reading the pros and cons of "audio engineering schools vs buying your
own equipment and learning on it" I have decided to take the plunge. No, I
am not attending full sail, what I am doing is dumping my job and deciding
to follow my passion.

My plan is to find a studio that will accept a free peon. I am not an audio
school grad, and my only experience is my own project studio and gigging
with my band. Those are disadvantages. I have a college education (double
degree, international business/french language), I have work experience, and
I dont have any pie in the sky dreams of becoming rich and famous from
working in a studion, and I am a competent individual. Those are
advantages.

Hopefully someone on this board will be able to help me out. Does any one
know of any studio in the Orlando, FL area that would be willing to take in
a free peon?

Thank you for your time.
-Tirrell Payton