Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
TonyP

Default My equipment review of the Bose 901

Peter Sammon wrote:

huge snip

I really don't know where to begin, so I'll basically end. I have heard
901's of various models with various amps and pre amps. I don't know
where you would hear Legacy and bose at the time. Same with B&W's or any
other "hi end" speaker. I would be interested in this place where I can
compare the 901's to something like my Von Schweikert VR4's (which most
certainly go deeper and sound better than the 901's). If you like them,
fine. That is your choice. They were "different" when first introduced.
Great marketing certainly sold a lot of them. But to say that their
"equalizer" introduces less distortion than a crossover network, well,
where are the facts (read: numbers) to back this up?
You like them. I don't care for them.
But, it is a matter of choice. You made yours, I made mine, and others
will make theirs.
Listen first. Listen long. Then decide. It's like all those people that
love those little bose acoustamates (?). They are terrible sounding and
way overpriced. But, they offer what those that don't know how music
sounds, the wiz-bang effect. Tizzy highs, screatching mids, and of
course, bloated muddy mid bass passed off as bass.
Hey sorta reminds me of 901's!