Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default I take it everybody has seen this by now, maybe ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UocEGvQ10OE

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 12/27/2020 11:15 PM, geoff wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UocEGvQ10OE

No, I haven't seen it. Why should I look?

If you're going to post a link to click on, at minimum it should relate
to the subject of the message, and hopefully it should should also
contain a little summary, or at least the topic.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 28/12/2020 13:17, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 12/27/2020 11:15 PM, geoff wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UocEGvQ10OE

No, I haven't seen it. Why should I look?

If you're going to post a link to click on, at minimum it should relate
to the subject of the message, and hopefully it should should also
contain a little summary, or at least the topic.

For what it's worth, it's a program about a new movie about the Beatles.

I had a quick look, decided I wasn't interested, and closed the link.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 12/28/2020 8:45 AM, John Williamson wrote:
For what it's worth, it's a program about a new movie about the Beatles.

Thanks. Heard about the new Beatles movie already. Yawn!

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] palli...@gmail.com is offline

John Williamson wrote:
===================

If you're going to post a link to click on, at minimum it should relate
to the subject of the message, and hopefully it should should also
contain a little summary, or at least the topic.

** Absolutely agree, link dropping is like name dropping.

For what it's worth, it's a program about a new movie about the Beatles.

** Though that was a movie called "'Yesterday".

The premise is all memory of the Beatles and their songs suddenly vanishes except for one busker in the UK.

Short clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VgRuLQgeSE

...... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 29/12/2020 2:17 am, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 12/27/2020 11:15 PM, geoff wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UocEGvQ10OE

No, I haven't seen it. Why should I look?

If you're going to post a link to click on, at minimum it should relate
to the subject of the message, and hopefully it should should also
contain a little summary, or at least the topic.

Well **** you very much too Mike. Season's greetings.

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 29/12/2020 2:45 am, John Williamson wrote:
On 28/12/2020 13:17, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 12/27/2020 11:15 PM, geoff wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UocEGvQ10OE

No, I haven't seen it. Why should I look?

If you're going to post a link to click on, at minimum it should relate
to the subject of the message, and hopefully it should should also
contain a little summary, or at least the topic.

For what it's worth, it's a program about a new movie about the Beatles.

I had a quick look, decided I wasn't interested, and closed the link.

Jeeze - thought people might be somewhat (even just slightly perhaps)
interested in at least the studio shots, antiquated gear, etc, that
enable such music to remain significant to this day .

But apparently not ;- |

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 29/12/2020 10:39 am, wrote:
John Williamson wrote:
===================

If you're going to post a link to click on, at minimum it should relate
to the subject of the message, and hopefully it should should also
contain a little summary, or at least the topic.

** Absolutely agree, link dropping is like name dropping.

For what it's worth, it's a program about a new movie about the Beatles.

** Though that was a movie called "'Yesterday".

The premise is all memory of the Beatles and their songs suddenly vanishes except for one busker in the UK.

Short clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VgRuLQgeSE

..... Phil

Great to see Phil's joy of the season seems to be spreading faster in
our community that the current virus.

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article , Mike Rivers wrote:
On 12/28/2020 8:45 AM, John Williamson wrote:
For what it's worth, it's a program about a new movie about the Beatles.

Thanks. Heard about the new Beatles movie already. Yawn!

Is this the animated one with the submarine? I thought that was kind of
disappointing, compared with the one with the clean old man.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 29/12/2020 1:15 pm, Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article , Mike Rivers wrote:
On 12/28/2020 8:45 AM, John Williamson wrote:
For what it's worth, it's a program about a new movie about the Beatles.

Thanks. Heard about the new Beatles movie already. Yawn!

Is this the animated one with the submarine? I thought that was kind of
disappointing, compared with the one with the clean old man.
--scott

Ah, old Wilfred ;-)

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] palli...@gmail.com is offline

Mike Rivers wrote:
=================

No, I haven't seen it. Why should I look?

** No reason at all -
except if you happen to like head spinning, manic video editing plus fake overdubbed sound presented
in the style of a low budget, 80s music vid .

..... Phil
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford[_2_] Ty Ford[_2_] is offline

Hi Geoff,

Saw the clip. It's interesting to the degree that it shows them in the studio recording and looking a lot younger. That was fun. More interesting to me than all the the remixed, remastered, reinvented material.

OTOH, "Yesterday" the movie was fun. I had it on my Amazon Wish List and got it on DVD for Xmas. Himesh Patel has a strong voice and it's well suited for Beatles material. The story arc between him and his manager was a bit tired, but she's cute. SNL's Kate McKinnon as record company exec was a hoot.. Her overplay was pretty spot on.

From the looks of it, he can actually play! Although in the first shot of him playing, his left hand is obscured and he could have been faking it. Robert Carlyle did a very nice John Lennon. Seeing him made me a bit sad. The deep accents made it a bit difficult to hear what they were saying sometimes.

I see Mr. Rivers received his order of **** and vinegar for Xmas! Yay Mike!!
Here's the trailer just for you!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uqv...eclipsTrailers

Thank God the year is almost over....

Cheers,

Ty Ford
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Chris K-Man Chris K-Man is offline

On Monday, December 28, 2020 at 5:50:18 PM UTC-5, geoff wrote:
On 29/12/2020 2:17 am, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 12/27/2020 11:15 PM, geoff wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UocEGvQ10OE

No, I haven't seen it. Why should I look?

If you're going to post a link to click on, at minimum it should relate
to the subject of the message, and hopefully it should should also
contain a little summary, or at least the topic.

Well **** you very much too Mike. Season's greetings.

geoff

__________

geoff:

Is it safe to assume you are from the UK?

If so, you should know that a lot of us Yanks - myself not included - do not like the Beatles or their works. Hence the spirited(!) reaction to you post.

Sorry this has happened! Cheers!
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 12/29/2020 11:22 AM, Chris K-Man wrote:
geoff:

Is it safe to assume you are from the UK?

If so, you should know that a lot of us Yanks - myself not included - do not like the Beatles or their works. Hence the spirited(!) reaction to you post.

My comment wasn't about The Beatles. I have nothing against the band or
movies made about them.

What bugged me was that that the original post was nothing but a URL
with the header of "... everybody has seen this by now..." with no
explanation of what "this" is. How do I know whether I've seen it or
not? How do I know that it's not an entry to malware?

Of course I didn't click on it. And now that I know from other responses
that it's a movie about The Beatles, I won't bother to click on it.
Thanks to everyone (else) for not being an asshole.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

"geoff" wrote in message
Jeeze - thought people might be somewhat (even just slightly perhaps)
interested in at least the studio shots, antiquated gear, etc, that enable
such music to remain significant to this day .

But apparently not ;- |

Obviously, you totally missed the point of the criticism. Maybe you didn't
even read it.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 30/12/2020 7:40 am, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 12/29/2020 11:22 AM, Chris K-Man wrote:
geoff:

Is it safeÂ* to assumeÂ* you areÂ* fromÂ* the UK?

If so, you should knowÂ* thatÂ* a lotÂ* ofÂ* us Yanks -Â* myself not
included -Â* do notÂ* likeÂ* the Beatles or theirÂ* works.Â* HenceÂ* the
spirited(!)Â* reactionÂ* toÂ* you post.

My comment wasn't about The Beatles. I have nothing against the band or
movies made about them.

What bugged me was that that the original post was nothing but a URL
with the header of "... everybody has seen this by now..."Â* with no
explanation of what "this" is. How do I know whether I've seen it or
not? How do I know that it's not an entry to malware?

Of course I didn't click on it. And now that I know from other responses
that it's a movie about The Beatles, I won't bother to click on it.
Thanks to everyone (else) for not being an asshole.

No need for you to apologise.

No, not UK. Nor USA. Just from part of the rest of the world without
such musical (or other) xenophobia, or inflexible music-historic interests.

A little 'surprise' Xmas cheer - apparently not. Didn't expect to get
slammed for it. Ignored was sufficient. Guess the grinch-element is
escalated at this time of year - slightly understandable.

It was clearly a Youtube URL, so harmless - apart maybe to one's
potential heightened sensitivities about musical taste. Would Frank
Sinatra, CCW, Gershwin, Seekers, CS&N(not Y or course) Bernstein, Glen
Campbell, Glass, Johnny Cash, Eagles, Willie Nelson, or The Band have
been more acceptable ?

If one doesn't have an antipathy towards everything Beatles, here's a
Wikipedia entry regarding the project. WARNING do not click this link if
disinterested - it will be a major effort, discomfort, and imposition.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beatles:_Get_Back

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

"geoff" (defiantly missing the point) wrote in message

No need for you to apologise.

No, nobody expects you to apologize for your idiotic cry-baby accusations of
Beatle-phobia and xenophobia.

No, not UK. Nor USA. Just from part of the rest of the world without such
musical (or other) xenophobia, or inflexible music-historic interests.
If one doesn't have an antipathy towards everything Beatles,

Nobody on this thread has shown antipathy towards "everything Beatles." Nor
towards the Beatles in general, even. Some criticized you for
blind-link-mongering, criticism which you seem incapable of comprehending,
or even noticing. Some expressed antipathy towards a specific film, which
was not made by the Beatles. Your original post did not even mention the
Beatles, a point which you seem to refuse to acknowledge.

There was no Beatle-phobia nor xenophobia until you and your village idiot
buddy Theckkkhhhmah dreamed it up. In your case, probably because you're too
thick to actually read what posters said about your link-dropping. In
Theckmah's case, it's his usual retarded dumb-****ery (and maybe his
"inflexible music-historic interests"). You can keep pretending that it's
about the Beatles or about nationalism, or you could try to pull you head
out of your nether (antipodean?) orifice. It must be hard to listen to the
Beatles with your ear canals occluded by your colon lining.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

None wrote:

Nobody on this thread has shown antipathy towards "everything Beatles." Nor
towards the Beatles in general, even. Some criticized you for
blind-link-mongering, criticism which you seem incapable of comprehending,
or even noticing. Some expressed antipathy towards a specific film, which
was not made by the Beatles. Your original post did not even mention the
Beatles, a point which you seem to refuse to acknowledge.

My dad hated the Beatles, he said they were destroying music. "All they do
is say 'yeah, yeah, yeah.' That's not music."

I find it kind of ironic that my generation says the same thing about rap.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod polymod is offline

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message ...

None wrote:

Nobody on this thread has shown antipathy towards "everything Beatles." Nor
towards the Beatles in general, even. Some criticized you for
blind-link-mongering, criticism which you seem incapable of comprehending,
or even noticing. Some expressed antipathy towards a specific film, which
was not made by the Beatles. Your original post did not even mention the
Beatles, a point which you seem to refuse to acknowledge.

My dad hated the Beatles, he said they were destroying music. "All they do
is say 'yeah, yeah, yeah.' That's not music."

I find it kind of ironic that my generation says the same thing about rap.

My Dad said the same thing about the Beatles, along with many other bands he
heard coming from my bedroom.
But the true test is whether or not rap will still be listened to and have
songs being considered "classic" in 30-50 years.

Poly

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 31/12/2020 1:51 am, None wrote:
"geoff"Â* (defiantly missing the point) wrote in message

[...]

Sorry for my Crime Of The Century. Glad y'all have nothing better to be
outraged about.

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

"geoff" wrote in message
Sorry for my Crime Of The Century. Glad y'all have nothing better to be
outraged about.

it was you, sunshine, who started the outrage, and tried to pretend the
criticism was something that it wasn't. So sad that you chose to be outraged
that you were chastised, instead of understanding the reason. Yawn.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford[_2_] Ty Ford[_2_] is offline

But the true test is whether or not rap will still be listened to and have
songs being considered "classic" in 30-50 years.

Poly

Here's my favorite rap song from a young, white rapper from 1965.
Can you dig it?

Johnny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doing it again
You better duck down the alley way
Lookin' for a new friend
A man in the coonskin cap, in the pig pen
Wants eleven dollar bills, you only got ten
Maggie comes fleet foot
Face full of black soot
Talkin' that the heat put
Plants in the bed but
The phone's tapped anyway
Maggie says that many say
They must bust in early May
Orders from the D.A. Look out kid
Don't matter what you did
Walk on your tip toes
Don't tie no bows
Better stay away from those
That carry around a fire hose
Keep a clean nose
Watch the plain clothes
You don't need a weather man
To know which way the wind blows
Oh, get sick, get well
Hang around a ink well
Hang bail, hard to tell
If anything is goin' to sell
Try hard, get barred
Get back, write braille
Get jailed, jump bail
Join the army, if you fail
Look out kid
You're gonna get hit
But losers, cheaters
Six-time users
Hang around the theaters
Girl by the whirlpool
Lookin' for a new fool
Don't follow leaders, watch the parkin' meters
Oh, get born, keep warm
Short pants, romance
Learn to dance, get dressed, get blessed
Try to be a success
Please her, please him, buy gifts
Don't steal, don't lift
Twenty years of schoolin'
And they put you on the day shift
Look out kid
They keep it all hid
Better jump down a manhole
Light yourself a candle
Don't wear sandals
Try to avoid the scandals
Don't want to be a bum
You better chew gum
The pump don't work
'Cause the vandals took the handles
Posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod polymod is offline

"Ty Ford" wrote in message

But the true test is whether or not rap will still be listened to and have
songs being considered "classic" in 30-50 years.

Poly

Here's my favorite rap song from a young, white rapper from 1965.
Can you dig it?

Johnny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement

Good one Ty!
But man, that ain't rap. It's blues. Says so in the song title ;-)

Poly

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Tue, 5 Jan 2021 06:22:59 -0800 (PST), Ty Ford
wrote:

[...]

How did you manage with the timed dropping of the flash card lyrics?