Sean Scott

Default Hidden Faces

There was a thread here about wheter detachable faceplates deter theft, I
wondered after reading it, do those shadow faceplates deter theft at all,
the ones that go completely dark and the face and or buttons spin around so
it looks like no radio is installed.

MOSFET

wondered after reading it, do those shadow faceplates deter theft at all,
the ones that go completely dark and the face and or buttons spin around

so
it looks like no radio is installed.

I would think that they would, indeed, deter theft. Though I have never
owned one, I have known a few thieves in my day (don't ask). They tell me
that they will only break into a car when there is something obviously in
view worth stealing. Though one of those "dark" faceplates might appear
strange to a thief on first glance, they are most likely not going to break
in just to satisify their curiosity. They will move on to the next car and
look for the sure thing.

But, having said that, I would not own one (unless the face was removable as
well). If a thief KNOWS what you have, obviously they will not be fooled.
This is why removable face plates are best.

MOSFET

Barry & Nikki

I go to a local police auction ALL the time; from first hand knowledge (I
guess maybe second hand or third cuz I purchase it after it is stolen) of
what is stolen; a thief does not care what so ever what he/she grabs. They
seemingly do it for the challenge, thrill, what ever... cuz I see some
pretty weird things that make ya wonder: WHY?? that. As for car stereos
being I use to purchase them on a regular basis there; they do not care
there either. Stock, major manufacturer, low end, high end, removable face
with and without face, pull-outs, hidden faces, knob style, with the dash,
without the dash, yada yada yada. If they want it they are going to get it.

news

Sean Scott wrote:
There was a thread here about wheter detachable faceplates deter

theft, I
wondered after reading it, do those shadow faceplates deter theft at

all,
the ones that go completely dark and the face and or buttons spin

around so
it looks like no radio is installed.

The thief surely is not going to steal the unit without a faceplate.
What would he going to do with no faceplate CD player unless he
stole a hundred of unit..

Sean Scott

wrote in message
ups.com...

Sean Scott wrote:
There was a thread here about wheter detachable faceplates deter

theft, I
wondered after reading it, do those shadow faceplates deter theft at

all,
the ones that go completely dark and the face and or buttons spin

around so
it looks like no radio is installed.

The thief surely is not going to steal the unit without a faceplate.
What would he going to do with no faceplate CD player unless he
stole a hundred of unit..

But the faceplate is still there it just appears hidden. I have had radios
w/o faceplates stolen before so you must be wrong about no theif not
stealing units w/o faceplates. Also not sure what stealing a hundredth of a
unit or a hundred units would have to do with anything.

MOSFET

Sean,

Just a helpful sugestion...

Maybe you should take a look at some of mmdir2002's other posts before you
spend (waste) your time trying to politely clarify and question the things
he says.

MOSFET

Chad Wahls

"Barry & Nikki" wrote in message
I go to a local police auction ALL the time; from first hand knowledge (I
guess maybe second hand or third cuz I purchase it after it is stolen) of
what is stolen; a thief does not care what so ever what he/she grabs. They
seemingly do it for the challenge, thrill, what ever... cuz I see some
pretty weird things that make ya wonder: WHY?? that. As for car stereos
being I use to purchase them on a regular basis there; they do not care
there either. Stock, major manufacturer, low end, high end, removable face
with and without face, pull-outs, hidden faces, knob style, with the dash,
without the dash, yada yada yada. If they want it they are going to get
it.

Anything for crack. They aren't high end dealers. Nak, Pioneer, it all gets
the same price on the street.

Chad

Chad Wahls

wrote in message
ups.com...

Sean Scott wrote:
There was a thread here about wheter detachable faceplates deter

theft, I
wondered after reading it, do those shadow faceplates deter theft at

all,
the ones that go completely dark and the face and or buttons spin

around so
it looks like no radio is installed.

The thief surely is not going to steal the unit without a faceplate.
What would he going to do with no faceplate CD player unless he
stole a hundred of unit..

Hmmmmm,

Lemme count 1,2,3 posts down on my server...."Removable fronts for sale"

....... HAHAHAHAHAH"

Look past your nose numbnuts

Barry & Nikki

Dumb ****.. I see it all the time; stereos stolen without faces at the
police auction I go to. Read my above post; step outside of your perfect
little world and get a clue or real life.

ups.com...

MOSFET wrote:
Sean,

Just a helpful sugestion...

Maybe you should take a look at some of mmdir2002's other posts

before you
spend (waste) your time trying to politely clarify and question the

things
he says.

MOSFET

why don't you polite yourself? Maybe I can say I'm wrong Sean, you are
right.