Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

Default Arny Is Not Listening.

In article ,
George M. Middius cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net
wrote:

MiNe 109 said:

I'll try to be drier and more restrained.

You might want to work on your subtle understating also.

I'm still puzzling over the difference between taciturn and laconic.

That's a difficult one, right up there with distinguishing between
imitation and mockery.

That reminds me: next week is "Impressionist Week" on the Late Show.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

George M. Middius wrote:
____ _____ said:

Your behavior is all their fault...
LOL!

Insult noted.

It was actually mockery, which, I suppose, a brittle, thin-skinned,
hypersensitive individual could arguably interpret as an "insult".

It was actually just an observation that I found amusing, hence the
'LOL!'

I'm beginning to get the impression that you can't talk to some people
without it being perceived as an 'insult.'

I'm choosing not to respond to it, though. Restraint and all...;-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote in message
ups.com...

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Jenn" wrote in message

If you are willing to do
that, I call on everyone else here to post to you only in the same way
that you post to them. Then we can see who is bent on posting insults.
Are you willing to try?

Sure Jenn. First time Middius, Sander, Clyde or Stephen and the like wise
off at me, it is back to business as usual.

Your behavior is all their fault...

LOL!

Insult noted.

Dear Arnold,

A point of clarification, please: should I continue to not insult you,
or are we back to business as usual?

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Shhhh!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

MiNe 109 said:

I'll try to be drier and more restrained.

You might want to work on your subtle understating also.

I'm still puzzling over the difference between taciturn and laconic.

That's a difficult one, right up there with distinguishing between
imitation and mockery.

That reminds me: next week is "Impressionist Week" on the Late Show.

OK, but they better not bring any caricatures to bear.

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW ScottW is offline

"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote in message
oups.com...

I'm beginning to get the impression that you can't talk to some people
without it being perceived as an 'insult.'

I'm sure you can't...but whose fault is it?

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW ScottW is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Jenn" wrote in message

If you are willing to do
that, I call on everyone else here to post to you only in the same way
that you post to them. Then we can see who is bent on posting insults.
Are you willing to try?

Sure Jenn. First time Middius, Sander, Clyde or Stephen and the like wise
off at me, it is back to business as usual.

Your behavior is all their fault...

LOL!

Insult noted.

Dear Arnold,

A point of clarification, please: should I continue to not insult you,
or are we back to business as usual?

Are you in a rush?

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
John Atkinson John Atkinson is offline

Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason! said to Arny Krueger
I'm beginning to get the impression that you can't talk to some people
without it being perceived as an 'insult.'

Arny Krueger has explained in the past that for someone like me
to express an opinion contrary to his is inherently insulting. He
has also explained that for me to continue publishing Stereophile is
insulting. In addition, he has written that for someone to express a
criticism of something he has said or done is defamatory in that
it could cause his standing to be lowered in the eyes of his peers.
Short of wholesale agreement, this does make effective
communication with Mr. Krueger very difficult.

But if he honors his commitment not to insult me, say, for
example, by not trolling my name in threads that are unrelated
to anything I have said or done, I will refrain from writing
anything negative abour Mr. Krueger. However, after some
thought I have decided that I should continue publishing
Stereophile, as insulting as he might find that to be. :-)

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW ScottW is offline

"John Atkinson" wrote in message
oups.com...

Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason! said to Arny Krueger
I'm beginning to get the impression that you can't talk to some people
without it being perceived as an 'insult.'

Arny Krueger has explained in the past that for someone like me
to express an opinion contrary to his is inherently insulting. He
has also explained that for me to continue publishing Stereophile is
insulting. In addition, he has written that for someone to express a
criticism of something he has said or done is defamatory in that
it could cause his standing to be lowered in the eyes of his peers.
Short of wholesale agreement, this does make effective
communication with Mr. Krueger very difficult.

There is always the obvious alternative.

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Shhhh! said:

Your behavior is all their fault...
LOL!

Insult noted.

It was actually mockery, which, I suppose, a brittle, thin-skinned,
hypersensitive individual could arguably interpret as an "insult".

It was actually just an observation that I found amusing, hence the
'LOL!'

I thought the "LOL" meant "I'm laughing at you." I admit I may have been
conditioned by the way we used to treat Krooger in the old days.

I'm beginning to get the impression that you can't talk to some people
without it being perceived as an 'insult.'

You're right -- that's definitely a recurring theme for certain
individuals.

I'm choosing not to respond to it, though. Restraint and all...;-)

Good for you! You'll get a Gold Jenn Star for your manly restraint.

BTW, did you have a moment of pause when Terrierborg said Ike was "wrong"
about the perniciousness of the military-industrial complex? If we didn't
have such abundant evidence of Scooter's lack of mental prowess, you'd
wonder what kind of troll would say such a thing.

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

John Atkinson said:

Arny Krueger has explained in the past that for someone like me
to express an opinion contrary to his is inherently insulting. He
has also explained that for me to continue publishing Stereophile is
insulting. In addition, he has written that for someone to express a
criticism of something he has said or done is defamatory in that
it could cause his standing to be lowered in the eyes of his peers.

Nobody said it would be easy to please your enemies. In the old days, I
suggested that Mr. Krooger do away with himself. That would indeed please
some of us. And yet Mr. Krooger did not accommodate my request. So be it.

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

George M. Middius a scris:
Shhhh! said:

Sure Jenn. First time Middius, Sander, Clyde or Stephen and the like wise
off at me, it is back to business as usual.

Your behavior is all their fault...

I'm restraining myself from piling on.

I'm not going to pile on, on top of your not piling on.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

Arny Krueger a scris:

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Jenn" wrote in message

If you are willing to do
that, I call on everyone else here to post to you only in the same way
that you post to them. Then we can see who is bent on posting insults.
Are you willing to try?

Sure Jenn. First time Middius, Sander, Clyde or Stephen and the like wise
off at me, it is back to business as usual.

Your behavior is all their fault...

LOL!

Insult noted.

LOL! (no insult intended!)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

Clyde Slick said:

Insult noted.

LOL! (no insult intended!)

Intent is irrelevant. LOL assimilated. You belong in the Hive.

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW ScottW is offline

Default Harry Takes Another Cheap Shot

paul packer wrote:
On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 14:55:21 GMT, Jenn

(paul packer) wrote:

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 09:39:58 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

There are a lot of social and psychological reasons why people can be
influenced to believe that LPs sound better than CDs, but none of them
relate to technical failings of the basic format.

I believe Jenn has already effectively conceeded the latter point. If
even one CD can sound right, then the format is capable of sounding
right.

I've heard some that are very good (some Reference, JA's recording of
the Mozart Clarinet, others) but none as good as the best LPs that I've
heard.

The "best" LPs maybe. But what about a median comparison? Don't you
agree that your "average" CD--classical, let's say--is pretty good
these days? It was often said in the early days that the inherent
limitations of 16 bit etc would never satisfy golden-ears, and in
those days I was one of the dissatisfied golden-ears who tended to
believe it. Now I'm a convert. I don't say there isn't better, but
I've reached the stage where the quality of reproduction is not
hampering my enjoyment of the music--in short, for me the medium is
effectively transparent.

I don't think it was the mere 16 bits that made early CDs sound so bad.
It was the mixes and the mixing equipment which didn't dither and just
truncated etc. CDs done right today sound pretty damn good....but even
though it technically doesn't measure up in dynamic range my vinyl rig
with my new cart has more snap (and I don't mean noise and pops which
is the curse of vinyl) to it than most CDs and while the image may not
be as pinpoint as a CD it is more 3-D. I heard Marc's SET rig and I
came away convinced that a little distortion definitely contibute to
the illusion of being there. Another thing that seems vaguely annoying
and uninvolving is the way that every song and every instrument on a
lot of CDs is always at the same volume. I don't care if they're
lightly brushing a symbol vs beating the kettle drum....its too damned
easy and tempting for the mixing engineer to keep the levels even.
Probably with a single push of a button they can suck the heart out of
performance. It's the sirens song of the DAW.

NP: Burton Cummings from 1968.

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message ...

____ _____ said:

I guess this is the return of "Jenn doesn't post against George,
therefore she agrees with and enables George." Guess we'll let that
drop in hope that the above project brings fruit.

Insult noted.

Please identify the insult in the above 3-line post.

"I guess this is the return of "Jenn doesn't post against George,
therefore she agrees with and enables George."

Jenn made up something fairly stupid and claimed that I said it.

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.

Insult noted.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Gorge is just toying with Jenn.

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message ...

____ _____ said:

Thanks! It'll be worth it in the long run.

No it won't. Everybody who says we've "been there, done that" is
telling
the truth. Krooger is Krooger.

Multiple insults noted.

My post had three sentences, and you klaim there were "multiple insults".

The use of he word "klaim" above is an insult.

That means you interpreted each sentence as an insult.

Wrong. Multiple means more than one.

Please explain the
insults in each of the following sentences:

[It'll be worth it in the long run.] No it won't.

This was just my opinion.

You explanation of perceived "insult": none needed

Everybody who says we've "been there, done that" is telling the truth.

This is a statement of facts, which is fully supported in Google's Usenet
archive.

You explanation of perceived "insult": there is no such fact.

Krooger is Krooger.

Another opinion of mine.

You explanation of perceived "insult": Everytime you misspell my name,
its an insult.

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.

Insult noted.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

____ _____ said:

Your behavior is all their fault...
LOL!

Insult noted.

It was actually mockery, which, I suppose, a brittle, thin-skinned,
hypersensitive individual could arguably interpret as an "insult".

Agreed.

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.

Insult noted

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Jenn" wrote in message

If you are willing to do
that, I call on everyone else here to post to you only in the same
way
that you post to them. Then we can see who is bent on posting
insults.
Are you willing to try?

Sure Jenn. First time Middius, Sander, Clyde or Stephen and the like
wise
off at me, it is back to business as usual.

Your behavior is all their fault...

LOL!

Insult noted.

Dear Arnold,

A point of clarification, please: should I continue to not insult you,
or are we back to business as usual?

Depends on whether or not you want to add to the immense list of insults
that I've already had to tolerate because of Jenn's little exercize.

I think the point that there are many people around here who can't restrain
themselves from insulting me often is already quite well made.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Jenn" wrote in message

If you are willing to do
that, I call on everyone else here to post to you only in the same way
that you post to them. Then we can see who is bent on posting insults.
Are you willing to try?

Sure Jenn. First time Middius, Sander, Clyde or Stephen and the like wise
off at me, it is back to business as usual.

Your behavior is all their fault...

LOL!

Insult noted.

Dear Arnold,

A point of clarification, please: should I continue to not insult you,
or are we back to business as usual?

Are you in a rush?

Nah. It'll likely happen soon enough for everybody.

But I apparently cast some insult. According to Mr. Krueger's post,
quoted above, the gloves were to come back off.

I was just checking for his interpretation.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Jenn" wrote in message

[...]

I've looked up the definition of insult. I'm not sure that your
definition and mine coincide.

To facilitate my not stepping over the line in the future, would you
please post your definition?

TIA.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

Hey, now we're getting somewhere.

It was actually mockery, which, I suppose, a brittle, thin-skinned,
hypersensitive individual could arguably interpret as an "insult".

Agreed.

I'm glad to see your self-awareness is increasing. I hope the trend
continues.

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

John Atkinson wrote:
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason! said to Arny Krueger
I'm beginning to get the impression that you can't talk to some people
without it being perceived as an 'insult.'

However, after some
thought I have decided that I should continue publishing
Stereophile, as insulting as he might find that to be. :-)

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

Self-serving employment-based decision noted.:-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Arny Krueger a scris:

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Jenn" wrote in message

If you are willing to do
that, I call on everyone else here to post to you only in the same way
that you post to them. Then we can see who is bent on posting insults.
Are you willing to try?

Sure Jenn. First time Middius, Sander, Clyde or Stephen and the like wise
off at me, it is back to business as usual.

Your behavior is all their fault...

LOL!

Insult noted.

LOL! (no insult intended!)

Where were you for so long, Clyde?

I figured you had been ingested by the right-wing political machine in
their constant quest for blood, much like the humans being gobbled by
the Martian machines in War of the Worlds.:-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message
.
com
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

gy.
com

Jenn, you keep forgetting that this is RAO. Either you start
condemning
everybody who attacks people they disagree with, or you if you
choose
live with that, then you live with that. What you don't seem to get
is
that
RAO is what it is because of the nature of its sense of community.
If
you're
part of a community then you are partially responsible for the
nature
of
that community, no matter whether it direct affects you or not.

What you don't seem to get is that some people (such as myself) came
here to discuss things with people such as yourself.

There are other places.

Are there other places that also welcome discussion on OPINIONS of how
things sound? I know of RAHE, but IIRC that is off limits to you.

Unanswered for some reason.

I stated in one of
my first visits here that part of my purpose is to see if we can
find
common ground between techies and musicians such as myself.

It exists. Apparently, just not with you.

Oh it it exists with me, but so far not on Usenet.

Speaks to your ignorance of the audio groups on Usenet.

So educate me why don't you?

You obviously have no interest in such civil discussions.

Depends on the time and the place, particularly the place.

To elaborate on this, a group that tolerates sources of irrelevant noise
like Middius can never thrive.

One wonders why you don't either ignore him or leave.

Time after time,
I post something to you in a non-attacking way that is completely
civil
and you reply with poison.

I do the same all the time, and get even worse for my trouble.

Here's a challenge that I've proposed befo Post here for a month or
so with absolutely NO insults whatsoever.

I always reserve the right to give as I get. The key to having a civil
forum is to have a civil forum.

And the key to having a civil forum is its members. Lead the day.
Start a trend. Be civil.

If you are willing to do
that, I call on everyone else here to post to you only in the same way
that you post to them. Then we can see who is bent on posting insults.
Are you willing to try?

Sure Jenn. First time Middius, Sander, Clyde or Stephen and the like wise
off at me, it is back to business as usual.

I'll post a request to the group right after this. I suggest that you
give it a day to possibly take affect. Be above the fray. Be a leader.

It's clear to everyone who has eyes to see
that you bring the treatment you receive here on yourself.

Sure, it comes with posting common sense on this group. I'm just
sitting
here watching Wieck and Ohio getting *The treatment*.

Have I given them "the treatment"? We've had good, polite exchanges
IMO. Why don't you give it a try?

See above.

The only
conclusion that can be logically drawn is that you either enjoy such
exchanges or you need them in some way.

Arguably true of anybody who posts here.

I came here as someone who had
never heard of you and you set out to create another "enemy". Why
you
do this is unknown.

Not at all, Jenn. Why you are perceived as being an unfriendly
influence
reason has been explained to you at least twice in my sight, and you
went
into denial both times.

For example?

End of discussion so that I can hold to what I said above, until Jenn has
enough time to consider her role in things.

I guess this is the return of "Jenn doesn't post against George,
therefore she agrees with and enables George." Guess we'll let that
drop in hope that the above project brings fruit.

Insult noted. Source = Jenn. LOL!

What insult?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer paul packer is offline

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 06:38:55 -0500, George M. Middius cmndr

Shhhh! said:

Sure Jenn. First time Middius, Sander, Clyde or Stephen and the like wise
off at me, it is back to business as usual.

Your behavior is all their fault...

I'm restraining myself from piling on.

You're a wonderful person, George.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer paul packer is offline

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 22:19:08 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

Insult noted.

Mum, he pushed me!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer paul packer is offline

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 22:23:04 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

I think the point that there are many people around here who can't restrain
themselves from insulting me often is already quite well made.

And what conclusion do you draw from that with regards to yourself?

Think deeply now.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer paul packer is offline

On 11 Nov 2006 22:25:07 -0800, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:

Where were you for so long, Clyde?

He' s been out in the frozen tundra making small but deadly witticisms
for use when Jenn's truce expires. Arnie won't know what hit him.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Jenn" wrote in message
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message
.
com
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

[...]

I was being nice, Jenn. It was a bald faced lie. It contains a purported
quote from me that you made up.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:

I think the point that there are many people around here who can't
restrain
themselves from insulting me often is already quite well made.

And what conclusion do you draw from that with regards to yourself?

Time for you to think deeply, Paul. Look at just the quote you provided.
What could one reasonably deduce about me from it?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Arny Krueger wrote:
"John Atkinson" wrote in message
oups.com...
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason! said to Arny Krueger
I'm beginning to get the impression that you can't talk to some people
without it being perceived as an 'insult.'

Arny Krueger has explained in the past that for someone like me
to express an opinion contrary to his is inherently insulting.

Insult noted.

He has also explained that for me to continue publishing
Stereophile is insulting.

Insult noted.

In addition, he has written that for someone to express a
criticism of something he has said or done is defamatory in that
it could cause his standing to be lowered in the eyes of his peers.

Insult noted.

You have me puzzled Mr. Krueger. In each of the three
statements of mine above, I was accurately paraphrasing
sentiments you have expressed on the newsgroups. How
is my doing so in any way an insult?

But if he honors his commitment not to insult me, say, for
example, by not trolling my name in threads that are unrelated
to anything I have said or done, I will refrain from writing
anything negative abour Mr. Krueger. However, after some
thought I have decided that I should continue publishing
Stereophile, as insulting as he might find that to be. :-)

Insult noted

No, it was a gentle attempt at humor. My apologies if
it offended.

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

paul packer said:

Where were you for so long, Clyde?

He' s been out in the frozen tundra making small but deadly witticisms
for use when Jenn's truce expires. Arnie won't know what hit him.

That's true -- Arnii's ability to detect typos is greatly impaired.

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

paul packer said:

I think the point that there are many people around here who can't restrain
themselves from insulting me often is already quite well made.

And what conclusion do you draw from that with regards to yourself?
Think deeply now.

Every gang of bullies needs a victim.

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.