Bryson

Default Anyone in here worked with anyone famous?

Harvey Gerst wrote in message . ..
ospam (WillStG) wrote:

(EggHd)

it would be funny after all this if the original poster came back and said
he
was really looking to find out if anyone here had worked with a band called
Anyone Famous.

Wasn't Harvey nearly in "Almost Famous"?

Will,

Watched that again a couple of nights ago. Really spot on take off about groups
of that period.

I guess Swee****er would qualify as a group that was "almost famous".
Accidentally leaving group members behind? Yeah, we did that on our way to play
Town Hall in Philadelphia in 1963. Groupies? Yeah, in Phoenix, and at the
Fillmore in San Francisco. Fights on the bus? Oh yeah. Sleeping on top of the
amps at the Miami Pop Festival, cuz all the hotels were booked - been there,
done that.

Hanging out with Eric Clapton at Alan Parson's house, listening to a test
pressing of "The Band" first album: priceless. Having Jimi Hendrix show you the
chords to Purple Haze? Or listening to Merle Travis talk about writing "16
Tons"? Jamming until morning with Brownie McGee and Sonny Terry? Going to
Jefferson Airplanes's motel for a dope run for David Crosby, while he's
producing Joni Mitchell's first album? Or being dragged upstairs by David (as I
walk by Wally Heider's) to hear the first rough mix of "Suite Judy Blue Eyes"?

Waking Mike Bloomfield up at 8 am in Sausolito? Not a pretty sight. Sitting
around, playing Merle's Gibson 400, or Albert King's Flying V, or Earl Scruggs'
banjo, while they try in vain, to make me sound like I actually know what I'm
doing? Listening to a song I wrote 40 years ago, played on a "Golden Oldies"
station?

And add a couple hundred more memories like that to the list, and it becomes
pretty obvious that I'm one of the luckiest SOB's alive. If I die tomorrow, I
will have lived more in my lifetime than any ten of the non-music people I've
met.

I've lived my whole life, doing what I love to do most. What more can any of us
hope for? We all have similar stories, and we're all pretty damn lucky that the
music business has chosen us.

AND you made a family (with a rockin' son, Alex)! I don't even know
you, but I think you're one of the coolest, Harvey. I'm smilin' big!

Harvey Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio
http://www.ITRstudio.com/
Roger W. Norman

"WillStG" wrote in message
Life goes by so fast. I have maybe a hundreth of your experiences
Harvey, but

How do you know how much experience Harvey's but has? g

But, speaking of the movie Almost Famous, my wife kept laughing at me while
I was watching it and she would come into the room. Said I had the dumbest
grin on my face the entire movie. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and the
memories.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio