Andrew Leavitt

Default Tommy Chong Gets 9 Month Jail Sentence

Rob Adelman wrote in message ...
ryanm wrote:

My keyboard player buys a pound a month. And he's usually out before the
end of the month.

You might not want to be saying that on the internet. He ain't smoking
that by himself.

I would imagine that an experienced stoner like Chong
could go through a pound in a few weeks.

Smoking a pound in a few weeks?

Yeah, is someone confusing a pound with an ounce? I mean, a ****ing
pound a month? That's 128 eigths, dude. Even all my stoner friends
and me together would have to really work to get through that much in
a month and our lungs would hurt.
WillStG

(Johnston West)
But that aside John, I thought you said you were for getting
"Government off our backs", "Less Regulation", "more personal freedom", and all
that other spin.

You're sounding more like a Dirty Commie to me. Downright Un-American, you
hypocrite..... take that Flag off of your front porch until you stand up for
real freedom, and earn the right to fly it.

This is such a juvenile rant. What have YOU done to try to change these
laws you disagree with, other than pointing the finger and mouthing off? If
you ask John he's probably FOR legalizing pot, and fact is there are plenty of
political conservatives and Independents who are advocating legalized
Marijuana, even William F. Buckley. But right now it's not legal, and there
are penalties for violating the law. Jesse Ventura's for legalizing pot, but
that doesn't mean he can as Governor of Minnesota just tell all the State cops
not to enforce the State drug laws.

If you don't like the rules change it, or there are countries with
different rules. Or you can move to Berkeley. Buzzy Lindhardt, who sang on
what was our opening theme for a while got busted for pot there, he had about
14 large plants or something growing in his pad. After the charges were
dismissed because he had the pot for "Medicinal Purposes" (and in his case it
really was), he SUED the City of Berkeley for destroying his 14 plants. They
settled, and he got about $14,000 for the damages! Gotta love Berkeley...

Anyway, quit acting like Tommy got 20 years. Which in some states, if you
get caught with a POUND of pot, is what you'd get. He's getting 6 months and
has to give up the bong - business. Maybe that's not exactly what you'd call
"420 friendly", but it could've been much worse.

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Fox And Friends/Fox News

George Gleason

"ryanm" wrote in message
"Justin Ulysses Morse" wrote in message

then we've got a problem. We're seeing a large-scale government
crackdown on something that we collectively (the public or its
congressional representatives) have never given the go-ahead to crack
down on quite so hard. This is what happens when you let a crackpot
appoint his crackpot friends to positions high in the Federal
government. "If you can't find Osama, bring us some other freaky
bearded wierdos to hang." Right?

I'm afraid it goes back quite a bit further than that. What we have

here
is a system that allows a self-appointed committee with no congressional
oversight make certain chemicals/substances illegal without any kind of
review.

ryanm

Don't kid yourself
It is heavily reviewed
by Big Tobacco and Big achohol
George

ryanm

"Rob Adelman" wrote in message

You might not want to be saying that on the internet. He ain't smoking
that by himself.

Well, he and his girlfriend. We's a wake and bake programmer. A bowl or
two in the morning, to wake him up, a bowl or two around 10:30 for brunch, a
little before and a little after lunch, then there's the mid-afternoon
smoke, oh, and the "it's 5:00 and work is done" smoke, and then you know,
the just before dinner snoke and the just after dinner smoke. Then of course
it's time to get down to some serious pot smoking. Trust me, a pound a month
can easily be done by one person who shares with whoever is with them at the
time.

Incidentally, we have a no pot smoking during gigs rule in our band,
because it has a tendency to make people lose time and has adverse side
affects on vocalists, but he's exempt. The reason he's exempt is because
we've never heard him play sober and we're kind of nervous about how he
might sound if he *wasn't* stoned.

ryanm

Tom Paterson

From: Rob

At least Cheech and Chong made us laugh, and that's gotta be worth
something in my books

6 months in jail, fine, and loss of business.
--Tom Paterson

Rob Adelman

Rob wrote:

Speaking of crime what's happenoing to those scuzzballs at Enron that
stole billions of pension money and people's whole life savings ??

Why is the justice dept. spending money going after a guy selling
pipes when they should be going after the real criminals??

Actually someone fairly high up at Enron just plead guilty to some
serious charges. In his plea agreement there is talk that he will finger
some of those at the top. We'll see. In my opinion Ken Lay is the
biggest scumbag criminal in the history of corporate crime.

Something tells me his name will be coming up plenty in the next
presidential election. Bush will be in a pickle for sure.

LeBaron & Alrich

Rob Adelman wrote:

In my opinion Ken Lay is the
biggest scumbag criminal in the history of corporate crime.

Something tells me his name will be coming up plenty in the next
presidential election. Bush will be in a pickle for sure.

Yeah, he'll have to borrow some other scumbag's jet to get to the
campaign stops.

--
ha

Justin Ulysses Morse

Rob wrote:

Speaking of crime what's happenoing to those scuzzballs at Enron that
stole billions of pension money and people's whole life savings ??

I think they just stole another $87 billion.

Why is the justice dept. spending money going after a guy selling
pipes when they should be going after the real criminals??

Because they *work for* the real criminals.

ulysses
ryanm

"LeBaron & Alrich" wrote in message

And it might behoove plenty of people to learn when, why and how
marijuana was made illegal in the US. One might also review the opinion
delivered to Nixon in the late '60's by his BLue Ribbon Committee, which
he formed to look into the situation in the US with marijuana. In short
a panel of conservative business men told him to legalize it. Of course
he didn't, knowing who his real friends were, like Meyer Lansky et al.

It's worse than you think. This is long, but worth the read.

The first US anti-drug law was in California in 1875 to prohibit opium
dens, which was ineffective until 1883, when congress passed a heavy tax on
imported opium. This law was passed ostensibly to protect our children from
the evils of chinese opium dens, while actually being a blatantly racist law
that echoed the popular sentiments of the time. It did effectively close
down the opium dens, which couldn't afford to stay open under the new taxes.
However, there
was only a very small tax on local "medicinal" opium, and housewives
continued to dope themselves unconcious with laudinum and a thousand other
available "remedies", and white folks continued to make money on opium for
decades after that. The second anti-drug law in the US was passed in
Florida, and was touted to the people as a safeguard against, and I quote,
"an uprising of cocainized negroes". If you don't find that offensive, I
question your sensibilities ("your" being in a general sense, not directed
at Mr. Alrich).
Harry Anslinger had marijuana added to the narcotics list in 1937
because of a personal agenda, and he was the one responsible for the
ridiculous works like Reefer Madness. Maybe he just wanted to be a hero in
the Hearst papers. Or maybe he was on the take from DuPont. Either way, both
had interests in aligning Anslinger and the public against pot. In the
1930's, new machinery was developed to allow hemp fiber to be easily and
economically seperated from the plant, meaning paper, clothing, and a
thousand other products could be produced more cheaply than before. So
what's the problem? Hearst not only printed papers, he made the paper they
were printed on. Not only would all of his machinery become obsolete, but
all of the forests he had just bought would be useless except as photo
backdrops. DuPont, meanwhile, had just patented a new process for making
paper from wood pulp. The process relied heavily on DuPont chemicals, which
were unnecessary for making paper from hemp. They had also just perfected
nylon, and inexpensive, readily grown hemp fiber would've thrown a wrench in
DuPont's future money makers, paper production and textiles. You can make of
that what you will, but the fact remains, both Hearst and DuPont made a
fortune thanks to the timely prohibition of hemp.

The following is mostly quoted from a book by Peter McWilliams ("Ain't
Nobody's Business If You Do"), interspersed with my comments and
additions...

On April 14, 1937, the Marijuana Tax Act was introduced to Congress. The
testimony before the congressional committee was, for the most part,
provided by Anslinger, Anslinger employees, and Anslinger reading Hearst
newspaper articles, some of which he had written. The hearings were
reminiscent of the scene from John Huston's film, The Bible, in which John
Huston, playing Noah, has a conversation with God, also played by John
Huston. The film was produced and directed by John Huston. The narrator:
John Huston. And how many doctors were heard in the congressional hearings
in 1937? Precisely one. He represented the American Medical Association. The
AMA opposed the bill. At least twenty-eight medicinal products containing
marijuana were on the market in 1937, the doctor pointed out; drugs
containing marijuana were manufactured and distributed by the leading
pharmaceutical firms; and marijuana was recognized as a medicine in good
standing by the AMA. In testifying before the congressional committee, the
doctor sent by the AMA said the AMA had only realized "two days before" the
hearings that the "killer weed from Mexico" was indeed cannabis, the benign
drug used and prescribed by the medical profession for more than a hundred
years. Said Dr. Woodward, "We cannot understand, yet, Mr. Chairman, why this
bill should have been prepared in secret for two years without any
intimation, even to the [medical] profession, that it was being prepared."
Anslinger and the committee chairman, Robert L. Doughton (Robert Doughton
was a key DuPont supporter in Congress), denounced and curtly excused
Dr.Woodward. When the marijuana tax bill came before Congress, one pertinent
question was asked from the floor: "Did anyone consult with the AMA and get
their opinion?" Representative Vinson answered for the committee, "Yes, we
have . . . and they are in complete agreement." The bill passed, and became
law in September 1937.
Anslinger was furious with the AMA for opposing him before the
congressional committee. As the commissioner of the Federal Bureau of
Narcotics, he could prosecute any doctors who prescribed narcotics for
"illegal purposes." Which purposes were "illegal" was pretty much
Anslinger's call. From mid-1937 through 1939, more than 3,000 doctors were
prosecuted. In 1939, the AMA made peace with Anslinger and came out in
opposition to marijuana. From 1939 to 1949, only three doctors were
prosecuted by the FBN for drug activity of any kind.
In 1944, Mayor Fiorello La Guardia and the New York Academy of Medicine
released the La Guardia Marijuana Report, which, after seven years of
research, claimed that marijuana caused no violence and had certain positive
medical benefits. In a rage, Anslinger banned all marijuana research in the
United States. He attacked La Guardia vehemently.
In 1948, however, Anslinger dropped the "marijuana causes violence"
argument. He made, in fact, a complete about-face when he testified before
Congress in 1948 that marijuana made one so tranquil and so pacifistic that
the communists were making abundant supplies available to the military,
government employees, and key citizens. Marijuana was now part of a
Communist Plot aimed at weakening America's will to fight.
That this statement was a complete reversal of his congressional
testimony only eleven years before went unnoticed. Anti-communism put
Anslinger back in the public eye, along with his good friend Senator Joseph
McCarthy. It was later revealed by Anslinger in his book, The Murderers, and
also by Dean Latimer in his book, Flowers in the Blood, that Anslinger
supplied morphine to McCarthy on a regular basis for years. Anslinger's
justification? To prevent the communists from blackmailing such a fine
American just because he had a "minor drug problem."
In 1970, in passing the Controlled Substances Act, the federal
government shifted its constitutional loophole for jailing drug users and
providers from taxation to the federal government's obligation to regulate
interstate traffic. This is as dramatic a violation of the Constitution as
the taxation excuse, but it fit the government's plan better. Under this law
a bureaucrat-usually not elected-decides whether or not a substance is
dangerous and how dangerous that substance is. There's no more messing
around with legislatures, presidents, or other bothersome formalities. When
MDMA (ecstasy) was made illegal in 1986, no elected official voted on that.
It was done "in house." People are now in jail because they did something
that an administrator declared was wrong.
The Controlled Substances Act was circulated to the states where it was
enthusiastically received; most states have modeled their programs on the
federal plan. There is no longer a need, then, to deceive legislators: the
agency heads and their minions simply decide what the law is, and that's
that.
Today, the Federal Bureau of Narcotics is, like its former director
Anslinger, no more. How's this for a bureaucratic shuffle: In 1968, the
Federal Bureau of Narcotics (FBN) was transferred from the Treasury
Department to the Justice Department, where it was merged with the Bureau of
Drug Abuse Control (BDAC) to form the Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous
Drugs (BNDD). In 1973, during the early skirmishes of the war against drugs,
the Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs (BNDD), the Office for Drug
Abuse Law Enforcement (ODALE), and the Office of National Narcotics
Intelligence (ONNI) all combined to form the Drug Enforcement Administration
(DEA). (I hope you're paying attention: there will be a quiz.) As the war
against drugs escalated, one agency was not enough. In 1988, the National
Drug Enforcement Policy Board (NDEPB) and the Office of National Drug
Control Policy (ONDCP) were formed. The director of ONDCP-now a
cabinet-level position-was given the title that Mr. Anslinger
(anti-communist sentiments notwithstanding) would have killed for: The Drug
Czar.

End McWilliams quotes...

"Prohibition goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control
a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are
not crimes." ~Abraham Lincoln

If you want to really see me get going, ask me what I think about the
tax money we spend on the drug war.

ryanm

ryanm

"George Gleason" wrote in message

Don't kid yourself
It is heavily reviewed
by Big Tobacco and Big achohol

Well, yeah. And organized crime, the DEA, the ONDCP and others whose
jobs depend on these things staying illegal. I wonder how many people who
support the war on drugs ever thought about what would happen to organized
crime if drugs, gambling and prostitution were suddenly made legal? I mean,
no drug dealer or mob boss in the world can compete with RJ Reynolds and
7-11 for production, distribution, and retail sales, so the prices would
drop drastically, undercutting every black market dealer in the country.
What would the Sopranos do then? Not to mention the reduction in crime,
because people could use legal channels for collection and recourse when
deals go bad, and the immense mountains of tax revenue that could be
collected from it. I bet that with 10 minutes of putting my mind to it I
could turn a tens-to-hundreds of billions of dollars a year expenditure into
a hundreds of billions of dollars a year revenue source just by making all
drugs legal tomorrow (as an exercise, obviously). Make drugs legal and pay
off the national debt in less than a decade!

ryanm

Don Cooper

"We report, you decide."

Don

no spam

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 20:47:24 -0600, "ryanm"
wrote:

Well, yeah. And organized crime, the DEA, the ONDCP and others whose
jobs depend on these things staying illegal. I wonder how many people who
support the war on drugs ever thought about what would happen to organized
crime if drugs, gambling and prostitution were suddenly made legal? I mean,
no drug dealer or mob boss in the world can compete with RJ Reynolds and
7-11 for production, distribution, and retail sales, so the prices would
drop drastically, undercutting every black market dealer in the country.
What would the Sopranos do then?

I don't know if this argument holds water. Organized crime did quite
well in Las Vegas. They 're savvy businessmen. If only they used there
power for GoodG.
Paul Gitlitz
Glitchless Productions
www.glitchless.net
Don Cooper

Default The Al Franken Decade

Rob Adelman wrote:

Johnston West wrote:

You know, 20 years ago or whatever it was, I thought this Al Franken guy
on SNL was pretty wierd. What with that "me, Al Franken" bit 20 times a
skit. It was pretty obvious early on that Al Franken has but one agenda.

"The Al Franken Decade". It was a response to the end of the '70's, aka
"The Me Decade". The '80's would also be the "Me Decade" for "me, Al
Franken". Comic genius in my opinion.

And then there was "Trading Places" and "Stuart Saves His Family". Some
funny stuff.

I'm glad that Franken can now use his humor "for good", now that we need
it. Plus, he's fair and balanced! ; )

Don
George Gleason

"Rob Adelman" wrote in message

Johnston West wrote:

If you beleive that it's just fine for people to be jailed for idiotic
and unconstitutional laws, then you really don't feel very stongly
about personal rights.

Well you couldn't be more wrong. What about personal responsibility? Are
YOU going to be the one to decide which laws are idiotic

Better me than some right wing christian zealot
I would err on the side of allowing rather than restricting
Just a throw away question
If you were GOD, would you be a tightass?
George

dt king

"Don Cooper" wrote in message

I'm glad that Franken can now use his humor "for good", now that we need
it. Plus, he's fair and balanced! ; )

It's frightening that the only news programs who can truthfully use "fair
and balanced" are comedy productions.

dtk

Don Cooper

Rob Adelman wrote:

I never thought it was funny. Just that here is a guy really full of
himself. I still think so. He knows the hot buttons. Him and Michael Moore.

That's why there's vanilla, chocolate, and macadamia nut!

Remember, some people *really* like Journey. ; )

Don
Gene Pool

I really like Journey, have everything they have ever recorded plus
solo albums and think Steve Perry may be the best rock vocalist of all
time.

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:02:02 -0400, Don Cooper
wrote:

Rob Adelman wrote:

I never thought it was funny. Just that here is a guy really full of
himself. I still think so. He knows the hot buttons. Him and Michael Moore.

That's why there's vanilla, chocolate, and macadamia nut!

Remember, some people *really* like Journey. ; )

Don

Don Cooper

Gene Pool wrote:

I really like Journey, have everything they have ever recorded plus
solo albums and think Steve Perry may be the best rock vocalist of all
time.

I only saw them once, before he joined. They sounded like Santana. They
were cool. What do you think of them now that he's gone?

It was a joke, by the way. And I'm even less funny than Al Franken.

Don
Bill Lorentzen

Personally, I don't support using any type of mind-altering drug, and I
include alcohol in that category.

However, I think part of the reason that alcohol, which is a very harmful
substance (take an honest look at the behavior of people when using it) is
legal, and marijuana is not, is that marijuana is very easy to grow at home,
and therefore would be very difficult to tax. Alcohol is much harder to
produce, especially in a palatable form, so must be manufactured in
factories, and distributed through easily taxable channels.
--
Bill L

"Geoff Wood" -nospam wrote in message

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message news:bk4lo6

Don't ask me, ask the Virginia State Senate. Not only is it illegal to
sell pipes with bowls of particular diameters here, it's also illegal to
sell spoons of particular sizes. Then again, oral sex is illegal here

too.
--scott

What a bummer . Are they a bunch of some sort of fundamentalists there ?
Religous ?

geoff

Justin Ulysses Morse

dt king wrote:

It's frightening that the only news programs who can truthfully use "fair
and balanced" are comedy productions.

I hadn't thought of Fox in that way until now, but I guess you're right.

ulysses
Jay Kadis

In article "Bill Lorentzen"
writes:
Personally, I don't support using any type of mind-altering drug, and I
include alcohol in that category.

However, I think part of the reason that alcohol, which is a very harmful
substance (take an honest look at the behavior of people when using it) is
legal, and marijuana is not, is that marijuana is very easy to grow at home,
and therefore would be very difficult to tax. Alcohol is much harder to
produce, especially in a palatable form, so must be manufactured in
factories, and distributed through easily taxable channels.
--
Bill L

Alcohol is plenty easy to make at home. And it is a component of beer and
wine, two tasty food substances which are enjoyed in moderation by much of the
world.

What should be targetted legally is bad behavior, regardless of any connection
to various substances. Prohibition is an ineffective backdoor approach to the
real problem: lack of personal responsibility.

-Jay
--
x------- Jay Kadis ------- x---- Jay's Attic Studio ----x
x-------- http://ccrma-www.stanford.edu/~jay/ ----------x
William Sommerwerck

Ah, but do you have the video game...?

Gene Pool wrote...

I really like Journey, have everything they have ever recorded
plus solo albums and think Steve Perry may be the best rock
vocalist of all time.

William Sommerwerck

It is an unhappy truth that, despite its obvious left-leaning bias, "The Daily
Show" cuts closer to "the truth" (?) than just about any "straight" news
program.

It's frightening that the only news programs who can truthfully
use "fair and balanced" are comedy productions.

JohnLeBlanc

"LeBaron & Alrich" wrote in message
.. .
What a bummer . Are they a bunch of some sort of fundamentalists there ?
Religous ?

How about a billboard outside of Knoxville TN proclaiming:

"Honor the true sabbath, Saturday. Believe in Sunday & receive the mark
of the beast."

???

"LeBaron & Alrich" wrote in message
.. .
What a bummer . Are they a bunch of some sort of fundamentalists there ?
Religous ?

How about a billboard outside of Knoxville TN proclaiming:

"Honor the true sabbath, Saturday. Believe in Sunday & receive the mark
of the beast."

???

Well, to discuss the Sabbath this way naturally requires using the Bible as the
source. Nowhere in the Bible is the Sabbath day changed from the seventh day of
the week. Like so many other supposed Biblical beliefs, it ain't in there. The
change to Sunday was made by the Roman Catholic Church, as chronicled in
excruciating and thumbs-up-by-the-Roman-Church detail in the book, "From Sabbath
to Sunday".

As for "the mark", I believe that's an accurate description, given that the
Sabbath day is a sign between God and His people, and the "mark" is described as
a sign, also. You can pretty well hide your observance of any of the other nine
commandments, but the fourth one is pretty much hard to hide one way or another.

You know, the only problem with true Christianity is that precious few people
have ever really tried it. That includes many self-proclaimed Christians.

Anti-Christian sentiments are largely the fault of idiots who, in the name of
Christianity, behave in ways that are anything but Christian. Religious leaders
cause the greatest damage. Bennan Manning is credited with this quote, used by
DC Talk at the beginning of the song "What If I Stumble". I think it's accurate:
"The single greatest cause of atheism today is Christians who acknowledge Jesus
with their lips, then walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is
what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable."

Kurt Albershardt

Rob Adelman wrote:

someone fairly high up at Enron just plead guilty to some
serious charges. In his plea agreement there is talk that he will finger
some of those at the top. We'll see.

Which one? Glisan just plead guilty last week and was sentenced to five
years. He "will not take part in the government's ongoing
investigation" according to the report I saw.

In my opinion Ken Lay is the
biggest scumbag criminal in the history of corporate crime.

He's got a lot of company, actually. Check into the actions of Standard
Oil, Goodyear, and General Motors (hiding behind their shell company
National City Lines) during the '30s, '40s, and '50s for a start.

Kurt Albershardt

Bill Lorentzen wrote:

part of the reason that alcohol, which is a very harmful
substance (take an honest look at the behavior of people when using it) is
legal, and marijuana is not, is that marijuana is very easy to grow at home,
and therefore would be very difficult to tax. Alcohol is much harder to
produce, especially in a palatable form, so must be manufactured in
factories, and distributed through easily taxable channels.

Check your history a bit--look into the real story behind John Chapman
(aka Johnny Appleseed) and also the tankerloads of grape juice shipped
around the country during prohibition for legal home winemaking.
"Sacramental wine" had special exemptions and the business kept CA
wineries alive during the period...

SomeGuyOnTheInternet

America's drug laws are obscene. In a country that values personal
freedom, people should be able to do what they want. Especially when it
comes to such a mild intoxicant as marijuana.

** The only good velocity-switch is an inaudible velocity-switch **

John LeBlanc

"SomeGuyOnTheInternet" wrote in message
America's drug laws are obscene. In a country that values personal
freedom, people should be able to do what they want. Especially when it
comes to such a mild intoxicant as marijuana.

If it were possible that people would grow their own stuff, for their own
purposes, in the privacy of their own home, and not venture out intoxicated,
this probably wouldn't be an issue. But that's just not the reality of things.

For one thing, retail sales in the USA are taxed. On a product as "popular" as
the subject is, easy to manufacture, harvest and sell, taxing the massive sales
of it is virtually impossible.

On the other hand, alcohol which, in my estimation does far more damage to
society, is legally obtainable and consumed precisely because the manufacture of
it can be largely controlled and sales taxed.

The illegality of marijuana in the United States of America has had virtually
the same affect on "the street" as the prohibition on alcohol did eighty years
ago.

As for "doing what you want" are you suggesting you are happy about the life you
have north of our border? I just read an interesting story yesterday about the
legal sale of medical-use marijuana in Canada. You are at CBC Broadcasting, I'm
sure you saw it:

http://www.cjad.com/content/cjad_new...sp?id=n091543A

John

John

Gary Koliger

Tell that to the Canadian government - they gave a contract for 5.75 million to
some guys in northern Manitoba who grew several tons of **** they called pot in
an old DND bunker - the resulting abomination was then distributed to Canadians
who hold medical permits to use pot for $150/ounce + tax - the people who
needed the stuff for pain, nausea control, glaucoma, Symptoms of MS etc....
reported that they had to smoke so much to get a little releif from their
symptoms that they became ill from oxygen deprivation and suffered coughing and
nausea anyway - one guy is suing for his $150+tax - Christ - I could've done it
for half the price (a mantras of mine on this board)

Gary

Bill Lorentzen wrote:

[...]

Charles Thomas

In article ,
"William Sommerwerck" wrote:

Ah, but do you have the [Journey] video game...?

Is it available somewhere? I used to go play it on occasion (back in
1982 or so?) and really liked it. It was a very fun video game and also
had some good music too.

Pretty inventive.

Those were the days of my mis-spent youth.

CT
Charles Thomas

In article ,
"William Sommerwerck" wrote:

It is an unhappy truth that, despite its obvious left-leaning bias, "The Daily
Show" cuts closer to "the truth" (?) than just about any "straight" news
program.

I'm not sure it's so much a "left-leaning bias" as it is an
"anti-establishment" bias.

When Clinton was in office they hammered him and his administration
pretty hard too.

It's more along the lines of "toss rocks at whomever is in charge".

But I agree with your assessment totally as to their journalistic
relevance vis-a-vis the standard news channels.

CT
LeBaron & Alrich

Dave Martin wrote:

"LeBaron & Alrich" wrote:

How about a billboard outside of Knoxville TN proclaiming:

"Honor the true sabbath, Saturday. Believe in Sunday & receive the mark
of the beast."

We have one of those in Nashville, near Berry Hill - I saw it last Saturday
on my way to a session...

Bet you were quaking in yer boots.

--
ha
Rob Adelman

John LeBlanc wrote:

As well they should, wouldn't you agree? I no more want to share the road with
someone stoned on pot than I would want to share the road with someone stoned on
Jim Beam.

Cannot agree with that. I would much rather share the road with someone
stoned on pot. Much less dangerous.