EggHd

Default Watching Shania

What exactly are we to learn from that crap.

Me for one, on how to capture the amazing bottom end of My Name Is (Slim Shady)
for instance.

---------------------------------------
Jerry Steiger

"Mike Rivers" wrote in message
That sounds like the late, lamented KFAT in Gilroy. That was a small
town FM station that had the sort of programming that if you didn't
like what was playing, you'd almost certainly like the next song.

I don't remember ever not liking a song on KFAT!

Jerry Steiger

Jerry Steiger

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message

Out here in the classical market, it's even more bizarre than it is in
pop radio. Ahh, if only I could pay for a good review in Gramophone,
than I'd be a rich man....

Nah, this is classical. You'd just be slightly less poor.

Jerry Steiger

LeBaron & Alrich

Jerry Steiger wrote:

"Mike Rivers" wrote...

That sounds like the late, lamented KFAT in Gilroy. That was a small
town FM station that had the sort of programming that if you didn't
like what was playing, you'd almost certainly like the next song.

I don't remember ever not liking a song on KFAT!

From Shania to KFAT...

This proves that some threads which wander are not lost.

--
ha
Gack

In article ,
"Romeo Rondeau" wrote:

I would say that selling millions of records makes her DAMN effective as a
singer, let's not forget one thing here (Stop me if you've heard this
before) and that's music is meant to entertain and it's obvious that it's
entertaining to a lot of folks (evidenced by her record sales), so what's
the problem? If you don't like her singing, then fine, don't buy it and
don't listen to it on the radio.

Yes, I know, dredging up an old thread. So what? Sue me.

You can bet I don't listen to that worthless pile of dreck on the radio.
In the years since she bacame popular, I don't think I've ever flipped
off my radio so much.

My guess is that you have sour grapes about your own position in the
music business and you are taking it out on people that in your
opinion have less talent than yourself or the people you record.

AAh, yes, the cry of the stupid..."YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS!" **** you and
the vaginal lips you rode in on.

The public at large is the ultimate judge of who sucks and who
doesn't. I know lot's of people that are good singers, but lack the
other elements to make it as a star. Get into the real world here and
out of your bedroom or control room, whichever the case may be.

What it takes is large amounts of promotion capital, which the MCA
Nashville dorks had to fork over because when Mutt presented them with
the bill for TWIM, they were a half-million dollars over budget. So much
so that Mutt finished the record on his own dime in exchange for a
greater cut of sales. They promoted the **** out of her, primarily using
her navel and skank-ho costumery so dorks like the fool in this thread
who said he was sporting wood got all hot and bothered and just HAD to
have a copy of that garbage for their very own.

1) She's no more effective a porn star than a singer, and if the effects

on
her voice could be demonstrated visually, they'd look like this:
http://homepage.mac.com/gapodaca/dig...nde/index.html
(no it's not porn... pass your pointer over the image to see what I mean)

Amen.

For the most part, "artistic" music appeals to "artistic" types, not the
general public.

Are you always this stupid or do you have to work at it daily?

No one who matters to the big leagues is interested in marketing ****
that don't sell. It would be pointless. It's all a matter of giving
the masses what they want, if you think that they want obscure
"artistic" music, you are sadly mistaken. Don't get me wrong, I like
a lot of things that are typically the fodder of musicians and
engineers, but I would never expect it to be digested by the public
as a whole, it just won't work. The music business is there to make
money, if you can't understand that, you need to pick a different
profession. If you can make money at recording obscure acts, that's
fine, just don't expect the big checks, those are reseved for the
folks that can move a lot of product.

You are an idiot. Just so you know

EggHd

You can bet I don't listen to that worthless pile of dreck on the radio.
In the years since she bacame popular, I don't think I've ever flipped
off my radio so much.

And that's what's great about pop music. 15 million people can buy it and love
and the rest of the billions don't.

They promoted the **** out of her, primarily using
her navel and skank-ho costumery so dorks like the fool in this thread
who said he was sporting wood got all hot and bothered and just HAD to
have a copy of that garbage for their very own.

If it were that easy Every label would have 100 records selling this much every
year.

---------------------------------------
Gary Koliger

Fact of it is that they have a combination of clever tunes, huge production, and a
big live show with a great looking woman at the centre of it. The enetrtainment
factor is high therefore so are the sales.

Gary

EggHd wrote:

You can bet I don't listen to that worthless pile of dreck on the radio.
In the years since she bacame popular, I don't think I've ever flipped
off my radio so much.

And that's what's great about pop music. 15 million people can buy it and love
and the rest of the billions don't.

They promoted the **** out of her, primarily using
her navel and skank-ho costumery so dorks like the fool in this thread
who said he was sporting wood got all hot and bothered and just HAD to
have a copy of that garbage for their very own.

If it were that easy Every label would have 100 records selling this much every
year.

---------------------------------------

Blind Joni

And that's what's great about pop music. 15 million people can buy it and
love
and the rest of the billions don't.

Exactly..it's called the marketplace..we don't all buy the same cars
either...what a great country!!!

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637
Blind Joni

Fact of it is that they have a combination of clever tunes, huge production,
and a
big live show with a great looking woman at the centre of it. The
enetrtainment
factor is high therefore so are the sales.

What I have a hard time with is people having a huge problem with this. You
have a married women, dressed mildly provacatively, singing middle of the road
pop songs, with a world class producer, great promotion..yeah..that really
stinks!!!

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637
reddred

"Blind Joni" wrote in message
And that's what's great about pop music. 15 million people can buy it and
love
and the rest of the billions don't.

Exactly..it's called the marketplace..we don't all buy the same cars
either...what a great country!!!

Cars... another product where there is less and less variety in the last ten
years... there are reasons for that, but it has little to do with
consumers... people can only select from the options they are presented
with.

jb

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637

Rob Adelman

reddred wrote:

Exactly..it's called the marketplace..we don't all buy the same cars
either...what a great country!!!

Cars... another product where there is less and less variety in the last ten
years...

I don't think I agree. There is a great variety from tiny Mini's and 2
seat convertibles to monster Hummers and everything in between.

Blind Joni

Cars... another product where there is less and less variety in the last
ten
years...

I don't think I agree. There is a great variety from tiny Mini's and 2
seat convertibles to monster Hummers and everything in between.

Ditto here..I shopped for a new car this summer and now again for my mom..there
is enormous variety unlike ever before.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637
Geoff Wood

"Gary Koliger" wrote in message
Fact of it is that they have a combination of clever tunes, huge

production, and a
big live show with a great looking woman at the centre of it. The

enetrtainment
factor is high therefore so are the sales.

And still that disturbing 'buzz saw' edge on her voice that I still don't
know is natural, a particular mic/preamp , or actually a sound effect.

geoff

Geoff Wood

"WillStG" wrote in message

But her human interest story is pretty noble, raising her brothers

and
sisters alone and paying for it by singing. Sounds like she deserved a

couple
of breaks.

Sounds to me more like something from the PR department. But I concede I
could be totally wrong here.

geoff

Blind Joni

Sounds to me more like something from the PR department. But I concede I
could be totally wrong here.

You are..g
John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637
Charles Thomas

In article ,
"Geoff Wood" -nospam wrote:

But her human interest story is pretty noble, raising her brothers

and
sisters alone and paying for it by singing. Sounds like she deserved a

couple
of breaks.

Sounds to me more like something from the PR department. But I concede I
could be totally wrong here.

Yes, Geoff.

Shania had her parents killed in a car crash and walked away from her
music career to take care of her siblings financially for years as big
publicity stunt.

You've found her out!

Dude, that's some seriously cynical **** there.

CT

Geoff Wood

"Charles Thomas"

Dude, that's some seriously cynical **** there.

In case you haven't noticed, a large percentage of what goes on the the
music industry is seriously cynical, and very little that goes on in the
advertising industry that isn't.

Not beyond the bounds of possibility that the story had been hyped or
extrapolated. Also posssible that it hasn't, as I originallhy conceded.

geoff