Default Tommy Chong Gets 9 Month Jail Sentence

On 2003-09-17 said:
Generally I'd agree, but somehow talking on a cell phone puts you
somewhere else, not in the general vicinity. Perhaps if you don't
know then it's because you have better sense. It happens. Some
people are better at holding a note than I am, even if I don't even
smoke as many cigarettes as they, nor for as long as they have.
But far too few people have the ability to walk and chew gum at the
same time, and these people can have cell phones and drive too.
Distracted? Yes. But like I said, too many people are treating
talking on the cell whilst driving like they do talking to people
in the rumpus room while they are cooking. Not the same thing at
all, but the cook doesn't normally pull into oncoming traffic
either. What, have I suddenly become stupid? Did I miss a memo? --

The real problem is the full duplex connection of the phone. even
experienced mobile radio operators know there are times when
distractions from the radio should be avoided and don't operate while
driving or pull to the side. My lady and I are weather spotters and
do quite a bit of ham radio public service comms. MOre than once
she's pulled to the side of the road while interacting with people on
the radio so as to give her whole attention to the road when she's
done.

we observe big city traffic on a daily basis, and more times than not
these days when you see a real bonehead move in traffic the foll
making it is jabbering on the phone.

rEgards,

Richard Webb
Electric Spider Productions
REplace anything before the @ symbol with elspider for real email

Mike

"George Gleason" wrote in message

I never met Bob all I know of him is his music which I find very spiritual
and that was the basis for my statement
but I haven't met "God" yet either but from all I hear he is a dick ready
to cast children to hell for masturbating or haveing homosexual contact
========

Now George, don't take the word of all those lying S.O.B. humans who think
they speak for God...

George

In article ,
"Mike" wrote:

"George Gleason" wrote in message

I never met Bob all I know of him is his music which I find very spiritual
and that was the basis for my statement
but I haven't met "God" yet either but from all I hear he is a dick ready
to cast children to hell for masturbating or haveing homosexual contact
========

Now George, don't take the word of all those lying S.O.B. humans who think
they speak for God...

LOL, I forgot that kids can get "absolution" by admitting to homosexual
tendencies to cAtholic preists
it's just too perfect !!!!!
George(a cynic asshole at heart)
ryanm

Default The Al Franken Decade

"Neil" wrote in message
om...

At age 14 or so, Journey guitarist Neal Schon played and toured with
Santana for awhile. I've only been waiting 30+ years to use that bit
of trivia!

Better than that, he played on Abraxis, arguably Santana's best album.

ryanm

ryanm

"Bill Lorentzen" wrote in message

However, I think part of the reason that alcohol, which is a very harmful
substance (take an honest look at the behavior of people when using it) is
legal, and marijuana is not, is that marijuana is very easy to grow at

home,
and therefore would be very difficult to tax. Alcohol is much harder to
produce, especially in a palatable form, so must be manufactured in
factories, and distributed through easily taxable channels.

Nah, why would anyone grow it at home if they could go to 7-11 and get a
pack of Marlboro Gold joints for $5, all of which are perfectly rolled, have
a filter to reduce tar, and are of even consistency and THC content? No one
grows cigarette tobacco or makes beer at home unless they just want to.

ryanm

ryanm

"Les Cargill" wrote in message

Prohibition grew out of the Abolitionist and Woman's Suffrage
movements. It was stated as the third goal of a generally
Utopian/Progressive political movement.

Interestingly enough, prohibition caused a drastic increase in the
number of women who not only tried alcohol, but became alcoholics. Prior to
prohibition, drinking was considered a "man's" activity that was done at the
bar, where women were often not allowed (other than the hostesses, dancers,
hookers, etc, of course). During prohibition, however, the speakeasies
understood that women's money was as green as men's and women started
drinking as much as men, and often more.

ryanm

steve

Les Cargill wrote:

From what I've been able to gather, pot was ( at least in the Hearst
papers ) more an anti-Hispanic thing. Cocaine was propagandized as
causing raging ex-slave longshoremen to go on rape rampages. We
have to keep our race prejudice/drug associations organized

Les Cargill

For a perspective on weed, catch a mini-doc called "Grass" either on
Sundance or IFC. Anti-pot started in Texas as a reaction to control
Mexican laborers.
ryanm

"Gary Koliger" wrote in message
thanks for this - I've been looking for this info

All that an more at: http://www.mcwilliams.com/books/aint/toc.htm

Great read, totally free, and I would think truly enlightening to anyone
who doesn't know something about the subject.

ryanm

Kurt Albershardt

steve wrote:

Les Cargill wrote:

From what I've been able to gather, pot was ( at least in the Hearst
papers ) more an anti-Hispanic thing. Cocaine was propagandized as
causing raging ex-slave longshoremen to go on rape rampages. We
have to keep our race prejudice/drug associations organized

For a perspective on weed, catch a mini-doc called "Grass" either on
Sundance or IFC. Anti-pot started in Texas as a reaction to control
Mexican laborers.

In the same way anti-cocaine started as a way to keep crazed negroes
from corrupting "pure white women."

Phildo

"Rob Adelman" wrote in message

reddred wrote:

It's pretty silly too, because it's just as easy for a blower to make a

pipe
without a shotgun. People can smoke out of anything anyway, so I don't
understand the logic.

That sparked some memories. I once made a bong out of a 1 gallon A&W
jug. Pretty cool idea until it got dumped in the back seat of my car.

I was on a tour once with a big glass globe, the sort you normally have
miniature gardens in, emptied out and turned into a 4 man bong. Not only was
it fully flightcased but it was listed on the carnet as a "smoke generator".

Phildo

George Gleason

"Roger W. Norman" wrote in message
If the WOD is making it easier to get pot than beer than I sure haven't

seen
that effect, dammit! g From what I hear, prices are exhorbitant

although
quality is superb, which, of course, blows some of the idea of smoking a
joint. I mean, when you can't smoke a joint because the pot's too good

then
what's the use in smoking pot in the first place. Might as well just down

Rohr's 714 with a beer and be done for the day no matter what you were
trying to do.

Depends on the strain
the ropey sativas give you a uplifting bouncy high where the popular
indicas(sp?) give you that "Just got hit with a brick" stupid stare into
space high

many new smokers are super impressed with the current skunk weeds
I am not it is a dirty lazy high
there is quality out there but it is not comeing from the hydoponic
basements
get some that is grown in the hawaii hills or southern California by
someone
you will lose the sweet thick taste but gain a much nice buzz
George

Justin Ulysses Morse

Roger W. Norman wrote:

If the WOD is making it easier to get pot than beer than I sure haven't seen
that effect, dammit!

experimented with drugs because they're easier for a minor to get ahold
of than beer is.

ulysses
Jay Kadis

In article "ryanm"
writes:
[snip]
Hell, the martini was
invented to make gin drinkable, because gin was, after all, invented because
wood alcohol wasn't illegal during prohibition (it would make you go blind
and die until it was processed into gin).

[snip]

"Wood" alcohol is methanol and highly toxic. It is cannot be processed into
gin, which contains the less-toxic ethanol. I don't think a little Vermouth
makes gin more palatable, although gin was used in India to make quinine more
palatable, as the gin and tonic.

-Jay
--
x------- Jay Kadis ------- x---- Jay's Attic Studio ----x
x-------- http://ccrma-www.stanford.edu/~jay/ ----------x

ryanm

"Phildo" wrote in message

As for the drugs issue, I'm for legalising pretty much everything with the
exception of heroin and crack.

snip

stop people using the serious drugs like Heroin or crack which nobody will
bother with once other drugs are legal?

Heroin is just a form of morphine, and crack is just a form of cocaine.
All it takes is baking soda and water to make crack from coke. You're right
about that second part, though. But they don't need to be illegal either,
people will stop using them on their own. People have a tendency to moderate
these kinds of things naturally. The reason that there *is* such a thing as
heroin or crack is because the drugs were made illegal. Why sell a gram of
coke for $250 when you can make 25 hits of crack out of that gram and sell
them for $25 each, you double your profits for the same amount of risk
(smuggling a gram of coke into the country). The very same thing happened
during prohibition. Before prohibition, most people drank beer or wine.
During prohibition the smugglers didn't want to deal with beer or wine,
becaue 8 ounces of beer was a $1 drink, while 8 ounces of whiskey was 8 $1
drinks, 8 times the profit for the same amount of work. Cocktails were
pretty much invented during prohibition to make all the liquor palatable for
the drinkers, who were not used to strong liquor. Hell, the martini was
invented to make gin drinkable, because gin was, after all, invented because
wood alcohol wasn't illegal during prohibition (it would make you go blind
and die until it was processed into gin). Given the choice, people will
always tend to go for the slower, smoother high (beer or wine instead of
liquor, coke instead of crack, morphine instead of heroin, etc). Now,
because of both prohibition and the WOD we have a whole lot of people
already addicted to these stronger forms of the drugs, and it's going to
take some time (probably several generations) for people to gravitate back
towards the slower and less harmful drugs, but it will happen, it's just
human nature.

ryanm

Scott Dorsey

Jay Kadis wrote:
In article "ryanm"
writes:
[snip]
Hell, the martini was
invented to make gin drinkable, because gin was, after all, invented because
wood alcohol wasn't illegal during prohibition (it would make you go blind
and die until it was processed into gin).

"Wood" alcohol is methanol and highly toxic. It is cannot be processed into
gin, which contains the less-toxic ethanol. I don't think a little Vermouth
makes gin more palatable, although gin was used in India to make quinine more
palatable, as the gin and tonic.

Gin was, in fact, invented in the 18th century as a way to make cheap
column-distilled neutral spirits palatable. It's a lot cheaper to make
neutral spirits than a conventional distilled whiskey (which is normally
made in a pot or alembic still that takes several passes to get up to proof
and results in a lot of lost alcohol in the process).

I strongly recommend the Hogarth engravings in the "Gin Lane" series as a
nice set of examples of the harm excessive alcohol causes.
George Gleason

I strongly recommend the Hogarth engravings in the "Gin Lane" series as a
nice set of examples of the harm excessive alcohol causes.
--scott

I will be trying excessive achohol sunday
I got a case of "old foghorn ."(anchors Barley wine a .75l of 21 yo port
wood balvinie and a .75 l of good tequila(I forget the name right now but
it came highly recommended)
along with about 100 utility beers(labatts blue)
Iwill let ya know how my fall fest after party works out
I am hopeing some growers are bringing some primo tops as well
:-)
George

Roger W. Norman

And he's just talking about facts. Wait 'till he starts telling STORIES
about gigs.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

"Willie K.Yee, M.D." wrote in message
On 24 Sep 2003 17:56:58 -0400, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

It's a lot cheaper to make
neutral spirits than a conventional distilled whiskey (which is normally
made in a pot or alembic still that takes several passes to get up to

proof
and results in a lot of lost alcohol in the process). . .

If Scott had been around at the beginning of the 19th century, they
wouldn't have bothered to start the Library of Congress. He must have
a hippocampus the size of Manhattan stuffed inside his brain.

--

Willie K. Yee, M.D.
http://www.bestweb.net/~wkyee

http://www.bigbluebigband.org