jimbo_limited jimbo_limited is offline
Member

Default CD-Player Problems

Okey, what i have is a 1994 Chrysler LSH w/Infinity Sound. I had just bought a Sony CDX-GT100. Well, When i play the Radio, i get sound like normal, but when i play a CD frm the unit it doesnt work. Also i have a CD-Changer that i use but that is played through the Radio Frequency. That also works.

Since i cant play a CD through the Acual Unit, but i can listen to the radio, would you think it would be the Unit that doesnt work? or is it the fact that (I Think it has) this car has a factory Amp?

Plz Reply ASAP...

V/R,
Mike

::Edit::
Well i found out that the Stock Amplifier is running on the Power Antenna as a remote switch (Figured this cause when i turn off the radio, Power antenna goes down and the Stock Amp turns off). Is it possible to wire the Power Antenna to the Amp Turn on switch in the harness?

Last edited by jimbo_limited : June 8th 06 at 12:15 AM
Posted to rec.audio.car
Chad Wahls

HA! I'm not the only one this has happened to in a Chrysler! See the wire
you hooded up that says "Ant" switch it to Amp Remote The head in only
turning on the factory amplifier whe the radio is on, or as the head thinks,
when the antenna is supposed to be up

Don't fret Jimbo, freaked me out too at first, ****ed me off more that I was
dumb enough to put it all back together because I did not have a CD in the
car. Just tested it with the radio

Chad

--
jimbo_limited