Ken Drescher

Default ADVENT PRODIGY's below Blue Book!

Advent Prodigy Tower Speakers, $129pr

Image: http://members.aol.com/KDresch/prodigy.html

Advent Loudspeakers - classic designs by Henry Kloss, a brilliant speaker
designer who began at AR, was the "K" in KLH, started Advent and completed his
career at Cambridge Sound. Mr. Kloss died in 2002.

Here is a very nice pair of the original Advent Prodigy Tower speakers. Slender
and elegant the Prodigy Tower offers rich, full bodied sound for
space-conscious audiophiles. An 8" long-excursion, acoustic suspension, woofer
generates accurate controlled bass that Advent is famous for. A 3/4"
fluid-cooled soft dome tweeter is positioned at ear level to give open spacious
sound with super imaging. Frequency Response: 45 - 23kHz +/- 3db. Handles up to
75 watts continuous power. In my opinion these are from the last series of
classic Advent speakers. Going forward they went massmarket (Circuit City, Best
Buy) and cheap! Many audiophiles feel the Prodigy's share that musical magic
found in the original Large Advents. One thing for sure, Advent sure knows how
to "voice" or balance a speaker to attain a very listenable, low fatigue sound.

SOLID (not vinyl, not veneer) pecan hardwood tops and front trim. Original
drivers are fully functional. These are in excellent cosmetic condition. Both
woofers have been expertly refoamed for many more years of use. The cabinets
measure approx. 28 1/2h x 14"w x 9 1/2"d. These listed in 1992-95 for $350 per
pair. I can offer for only $129pr plus shipping (net 54lbs, gross 68lbs pr.)
These will require expert packing to assure safe shipping so I will ask that an
extra $10 is included to offset these costs. I will pack both in one carton.

Official Orion Blue Book Report. Audio SPK Sunday, August 31, 2003 ADVENT
PRODIGY FLOORSTANDING Retail BEST $170 Retail BETTER $150 Retail FAIR-Good $120

Pa href=http://members.aol.com/KDresch/audio.net.htmlaudio.net/a, Used
Audio ShopPBrands: Marantz, Pioneer, Kenwood, Advent, Apt, JBL, Technics,
Magnepan, Harman Kardon, AR and many others.P100% Customer Satisfaction
Guaranteed since 1995.