Posted to rec.audio.pro
Noboby Noboby is offline

Default Pro Tools 8

Hello Folks,

I am an LE 7.4x user and am curious if anybody knows what new effects
are in PT 8? The blurb says "Add character to tracks with 20 new AIR
effects" but no details. I am not interested in virtual instruments
only EQ's, compressors, and so forth. I suppose that would be
processors as opposed to effects. I have the 003 with Music Production
Toolkit on one machine and 7.4.x with an original Mbox Factory on another.

Thanks,
Robert A. Ober
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Geoff Geoff is offline

Noboby wrote:
Hello Folks,

I am an LE 7.4x user and am curious if anybody knows what new effects
are in PT 8? The blurb says "Add character to tracks with 20 new AIR
effects" but no details. I am not interested in virtual instruments
only EQ's, compressors, and so forth. I suppose that would be
processors as opposed to effects. I have the 003 with Music
Production Toolkit on one machine and 7.4.x with an original Mbox
Factory on another.

Presumably there is more new than just a few new plugins that would
presumably work in previous versions. But maybe I underestimate the cynical
business model of Digidesign....

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Noboby Noboby is offline

On 11/23/08 6:39 PM, geoff wrote:
Noboby wrote:
Hello Folks,

I am an LE 7.4x user and am curious if anybody knows what new effects
are in PT 8? The blurb says "Add character to tracks with 20 new AIR
effects" but no details. I am not interested in virtual instruments
only EQ's, compressors, and so forth. I suppose that would be
processors as opposed to effects. I have the 003 with Music
Production Toolkit on one machine and 7.4.x with an original Mbox
Factory on another.

Presumably there is more new than just a few new plugins that would
presumably work in previous versions. But maybe I underestimate the cynical
business model of Digidesign....

geoff

Welllllll, they also mention a new interface and other things. In the
picture the interface doesn't look that changed but I suppose we need a
bigger picture and more info. I don't care about most of the other
stuff. Don't care about 7.4's Elastic whatever. The small amount of
recording I do is live, as is. I prefer that.

Thanks:-)
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Frank Stearns Frank Stearns is offline

Noboby writes:

-snips

Presumably there is more new than just a few new plugins that would
presumably work in previous versions. But maybe I underestimate the cynical
business model of Digidesign....

I'd be thrilled to have markers that one could choose to have move with the waveform
(markers that move to follow edit or slip operations).

I'd also be gaw-gaw to have a damned "pause" button on the transport without needing
to find some obscurely-named function in a setup dialog to make stop or the spacebar
act that way (then you lose the equally-useful return-to-starting-point behavior
until you go back and find that obscure configuration).

I mean, c'mmonnnnnn, Digi!

Frank Stearns
Mobile Audio
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 19:39:28 -0500, geoff wrote
(in article ) :

Noboby wrote:
Hello Folks,

I am an LE 7.4x user and am curious if anybody knows what new effects
are in PT 8? The blurb says "Add character to tracks with 20 new AIR
effects" but no details. I am not interested in virtual instruments
only EQ's, compressors, and so forth. I suppose that would be
processors as opposed to effects. I have the 003 with Music
Production Toolkit on one machine and 7.4.x with an original Mbox
Factory on another.

Presumably there is more new than just a few new plugins that would
presumably work in previous versions. But maybe I underestimate the cynical
business model of Digidesign....

geoff

Geoff,

Do I remember correctly that you staunchly don't use any Digidesign products

Regards,

Ty Ford

Guitar player?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWaPRHMGhGA

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Federico Federico is offline

I'd also be gaw-gaw to have a damned "pause" button on the transport
without needing
to find some obscurely-named function in a setup dialog to make stop or
the spacebar
act that way (then you lose the equally-useful return-to-starting-point
behavior
until you go back and find that obscure configuration).

Just press N.
It's been there since Protools 5....
F.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 04:53:40 -0500, Frank Stearns wrote
(in article isition):

Noboby writes:

-snips

Presumably there is more new than just a few new plugins that would
presumably work in previous versions. But maybe I underestimate the
cynical
business model of Digidesign....

I'd be thrilled to have markers that one could choose to have move with the
waveform
(markers that move to follow edit or slip operations).

Frank, I think that's a great Idea. And an eye-blink sensor to switch from
slip to shuffle and back.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Guitar player?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWaPRHMGhGA

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Geoff Geoff is offline

Ty Ford wrote:

Do I remember correctly that you staunchly don't use any Digidesign
products

For sure. That why I don't know if those new Digi plugins(?) are
backwards-compatible. They certainly would be in any other DAW.

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] vdubreeze@verizon.net is offline

On Nov 24, 4:23*pm, "geoff" wrote:
Ty Ford wrote:

Do I remember correctly that you staunchly don't use any Digidesign
products

For sure. *That why I don't know if those new Digi plugins(?) are
backwards-compatible. They certainly would be in any other DAW.

I don't even see where the OP's asking about backward compatibility.

I'll third and forth the "markers that move with the edit". If you
shift select the marker line it will chop them, but it's an impossible
way to work. Should be able to group markers along with tracks when
choosing "all" in groups.