Posted to rec.audio.car

Default Pioneer 8600MP won't eject cd. Send it in or DIY?

My Pioneer 8600MP is getting tired of ejecting cd's. Half the time the
cd only comes partially out and when I lift up on the cd it comes out
the rest of the way. Is this something I could fix? Or is it worth the
$90 to get it fixed?

Posted to rec.audio.car
Vivek

Dust and moisture sticks to the roller. Cleaning is the only solution. You
should be able to unscrew the top cover to get access to it. I used
pressurized air and a little spray to clean it. It is not the matter of one
time $90. This is a regular thing when windows are down most of the time.
Make sure you handle the screws carefully, too much tightening will ruin the
thread.

Another option is to use a bad disc:
apply the cleaner insert eject clean disc apply
cleaner....repeatedly for some iterations.

Good luck

wrote in message
ups.com...
| My Pioneer 8600MP is getting tired of ejecting cd's. Half the time the
| cd only comes partially out and when I lift up on the cd it comes out
| the rest of the way. Is this something I could fix? Or is it worth the
| $90 to get it fixed?

Posted to rec.audio.car

Vivek wrote:
Dust and moisture sticks to the roller. Cleaning is the only solution. You
should be able to unscrew the top cover to get access to it. I used
pressurized air and a little spray to clean it. It is not the matter of one
time $90. This is a regular thing when windows are down most of the time.
Make sure you handle the screws carefully, too much tightening will ruin the
thread.

Another option is to use a bad disc:
apply the cleaner insert eject clean disc apply
cleaner....repeatedly for some iterations.

Good luck

wrote in message
ups.com...
| My Pioneer 8600MP is getting tired of ejecting cd's. Half the time the
| cd only comes partially out and when I lift up on the cd it comes out
| the rest of the way. Is this something I could fix? Or is it worth the
| $90 to get it fixed?

Thanks for the tip. These rollers, will they be visible once the lid is
off? And what do you think of using a q-tip in and rubbing alcohol to
clean them.

I live near the beach where the humidity is around 75+% all the time.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Vivek

Alcohol irritates rubber. Would not suggest using it. Deo spray did it for
me. There are commercial products like tape head cleaner. Yes the roller is
available after the lid is removed. I worked on DEH-P4750.

Another tip: Do not work on the part which you cannot see it!!!

wrote in message
oups.com...
| wrote in message
| ups.com...
| | My Pioneer 8600MP is getting tired of ejecting cd's. Half the time the
| | cd only comes partially out and when I lift up on the cd it comes out
| | the rest of the way. Is this something I could fix? Or is it worth the
| | $90 to get it fixed?
| |